Would You Trade For Leinart?

We could have had him but took Whitner instead. Just throwing the question out there

why would anyone want Leinart? if the guy couldnt succeed with Fitzgerald and Boldin who would he succeed with?

OK so you are all saying that at this moment Trent is better than Leinart?

I am. Trent has been a starter for 2+ years and has won games. Teams gameplan against him. Leinart has really only done some fill in duty and has only shown to be inaccurate, prone to turnovers, and kind of clueless in the pocket. He's also had a rep for being lazy.

how exactly did you come to that conclusion?

just because no one would want to trade for him doesnt mean they think he isnt better then Trent, just means he isnt worth trading for...Leinart obviously isnt a top quality QB or he would be starting and since that is the case why on earth would the Bills trade for him?

You are making the deadly assumption that someone is good even though you have never seen him play. Maybe he is better than Trent. But right now, what are you basing that assumption on? His college careeer? His pre-draft tongue bath from Mel Kiper? Not his play in the NFL, that's for sure.

PTR

I am. Trent has been a starter for 2+ years and has won games. Teams gameplan against him. Leinart has really only done some fill in duty and has only shown to be inaccurate, prone to turnovers, and kind of clueless in the pocket. He's also had a rep for being lazy.

Ya but when you say teams gameplan against Trent, thats not meant as a good thing. Its not like when teams play P.Manning

You are making the deadly assumption that someone is good even though you have never seen him play. Maybe he is better than Trent. But right now, what are you basing that assumption on? His college careeer? His pre-draft tongue bath from Mel Kiper? Not his play in the NFL, that's for sure.

PTR

Leinart had a chance in Arizona and didnt get the job done...you can say he wasnt given enough time or whatever but the fact is he was replaced and outperformed by another player

Leinart had a chance in Arizona and didnt get the job done...you can say he wasnt given enough time or whatever but the fact is he was replaced and outperformed by another player

So why should we be hot to trade for this stud?

PTR

Ya but when you say teams gameplan against Trent, thats not meant as a good thing. Its not like when teams play P.Manning

fair enough, but Leinart looks bad without teams gameplanning against him. There's only a few guys on P. Manning level. Don't get me wrong, I'm fed up with the way Edwards is playing, I'm just saying that comparing him to Leinart is a low bar to meet.

Yes. We should go after Vince Young and Brady Quinn also. Put those 3 guys in a steel cage with Trent and the last man standing gets the job.

I definately would have preferred to watching that this past Sunday instead of that "show" the Bills put on!

In fact there have been many weeks in the past decade that I would have preferred it.

fair enough, but Leinart looks bad without teams gameplanning against him. There's only a few guys on P. Manning level. Don't get me wrong, I'm fed up with the way Edwards is playing, I'm just saying that comparing him to Leinart is a low bar to meet.

Only way I'd go for it would be a package deal...Leinhart, Boldin & Wells for Edwards, Evans & Lynch...sooooo, I'd say no. :lol:

We could have had him but took Whitner instead. Just throwing the question out there

What this fist fill of a-holes really need is a coach who'll get in their faces and call them out for being a bunch of girls...Listen morons, you are all paid very well to PLAY A GAME that you love...so stop worrying about job security and go out there and take some chances...got nothing to lose now since the entire football world has written you off 4 games into a season...jagoffs!! :lol:

I think at this point, we are probably better just riding the season out with Trent.

Put Fitz in if he struggles really bad, draft a sure thing next year, with our

eventual record, we should be able to get somebody really good, I like Bradford,

but that was before the shoulder injury, if he responds, we target him, Trent/Fitz

can B.U.

Personally, just a gut feeling, I think McNabb will be on the block next offseason due to the signing of Vick and the play of Kevin Kolb. If no one is willing to pay the salary and give up the picks, he will be released. I'd go after McNabb if we could get him without breaking the bank and giving up too many picks. He is already used to similar weather and would have his best group of WR's since being in the NFL, even when TO departs in the offseason. The injuries are the only drawback, but he's had years where he's been completely healthy as well. I would applaud the move if we made it.

Personally, just a gut feeling, I think McNabb will be on the block next offseason due to the signing of Vick and the play of Kevin Kolb. If no one is willing to pay the salary and give up the picks, he will be released. I'd go after McNabb if we could get him without breaking the bank and giving up too many picks. He is already used to similar weather and would have his best group of WR's since being in the NFL, even when TO departs in the offseason. The injuries are the only drawback, but he's had years where he's been completely healthy as well. I would applaud the move if we made it.

I could definitely go for this. And, he'd be what we haven't had the last 5 years, a leader in the huddle. Guys would want to follow him into NFL battle. I hope it happens.

Yes. We should go after Vince Young and Brady Quinn also. Put those 3 guys in a steel cage with Trent and the last man standing gets the job.

NOW we're talkin'!

Lights out, steel cage, Texas bullrope, no disqualification, foreign objects allowed, bring yer momma, and yer daddy too, loser leave town, death match.

I would trade Edwards - what the heck has Leinart done that suggests he is any better?

Do you honestly think Leinart would do any better? We've got a perennial 7-9 head coach, an awful defensive coordinator (4th most points allowed) and an offensive coordinator who only has that job because the other one got canned.

OK so it seems that no one would rather have Leinart right now over Trent so let me ask another question.

Is there any back up QB in the NFL right now that you would rather have starting over Trent?

Vince Young

Mark Brunell

Charie Batch

Dennis Dixon

Tyler Pigpen

Duante Culpepper

Tavaris Jackson

Sage Rosenfelds

Colt Brennan

Todd Collins

Rex Grossman

Chris Simms

Billy Volek

A. J. Feeley

Kyle Boller

Seneca Wallace

No way. I'll stop watching at that point. I can't stand him in AZ. He's all over everyones Bank Cards here and he can't even break the lineup. He was the golden boy in AZ until Kurt said No the "F" not it's me ! He doesn't want to play football it shows everytime he gets on the field IMHO.