Why can't DJ and the Bills talk this way

"I never came here to kiss Bill Belichick's rings," Rex Ryan said on WFAN radio in June. "I came to win, let's put it that way. So we'll see what happens. I'm certainly not intimidated by New England or anybody else."

We lost Monday night. Sure the Bills could have won but we are now 0 for 12 against the lowlife Patriots*. I love Rex Ryan's attitude and the attitude he brings to the Jets. Ryan and the Jets are my best hope to put Brady* down for the count. I HATE how polite our whole team is to the cheating Patsies*, before and after every loss to them.

"I never came here to kiss Bill Belichick's rings," Rex Ryan said on WFAN radio in June. "I came to win, let's put it that way. So we'll see what happens. I'm certainly not intimidated by New England or anybody else."

We lost Monday night. Sure the Bills could have won but we are now 0 for 12 against the lowlife Patriots*. I love Rex Ryan's attitude and the attitude he brings to the Jets. Ryan and the Jets are my best hope to put Brady* down for the count. I HATE how polite our whole team is to the cheating Patsies*, before and after every loss to them.

Um, perhaps you should wait until the play the actual game. As Tom Brady said, "Talk is cheap." It's amazing how impressed some of you are by press conferences.

Um, perhaps you should wait until the play the actual game. As Tom Brady said, "Talk is cheap." It's amazing how impressed some of you are by press conferences.

Exactly. I can say stuff like that too but I don't think you'd want me on the sidelines coaching against Belichick. If the Jets win, then Ryan is a hero. If the lose, he's a bum. It's all about the results.

Exactly. I can say stuff like that too but I don't think you'd want me on the sidelines coaching against Belichick. If the Jets win, then Ryan is a hero. If the lose, he's a bum. It's all about the results.

I like Ryan's style. It sure beats listening to Dick praise the Patriots and wring his hands over how tough our division is. I think that the Jets have a very good shot at knocking off the Pats. It's going to be a great game to watch.

But it does remind me of an old saying... don't let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash.

I prefer Mike Tomlin's quote before Thursday's game ... "The most violent team is going to win."

An inside source told me that Ryan's old man told him to offer up a bounty on Brady* and Belichick*, and then to punch his own offensive coordinator in the face on the sideline during the second half.

May be Rex Ryan needs to remember his last game with the Patriots when he blew it for the Ravens by calling a Time out on a 4th and 1 when Brady and his team missed making the 1st down. That was a pretty Jauronesque call.

You assume the Jets already beat the Pats*.

Loud mouth coach is a loud mouth coach, nothing more.

Rex clearly takes after his dad who was a bully's bully. Belichcik is no longer the only bully in this division and Brady's going to pay the price. The Jets will beat the Pats this weekend, you watch. You may think it's corny but players do buy into this stuff. It's too bad the only bully on our team is a freaking wide receiver.

I prefer Mike Tomlin's quote before Thursday's game ... "The most violent team is going to win."

Rex Ryan hasn't done anything in the NFL. Mike Tomlin is a SB winning HC that seems like one of the brightest young minds in the NFL.

Ryan also wasn't considered for a lot of HC jobs because of his emotions and affinity for talking.

Agreed, players do gwt fired up, but that also includes the Pats, and they are likely fired up even more than the Jet players are by these comments. Every team/coach will privately make these types of comments to fire up their own players. So the Jet players likely were already convinced by Ryan they'd win this game. Now thanks to Ryan the Pat players also have a reaso nto be fired up.

You may think it's corny but players do buy into this stuff. It's too bad the only bully on our team is a freaking wide receiver.

The Bills and the Jets are a combined 3-23 against the Pats* since 2003, including the Jets/Pats* playoff meeting a couple years back...

There has been a lot of talking over the last few years between both teams, and almost always, it turns out that the Pats* come up with a win. As much as I would like to see the Pats* lose this weekend, and look horrible doing it, it just doesn't add up for me...I don't think it will be a blowout, but I think that Brady and co. make it 3-24 tomorrow.

See this is how I look at it. When you lose 12 in a row no one gives you credit that you were a gentleman about it. I don't think the Bills should say we are going to kick the Patsies* butts the next time we play them. They should at least sound like they are willing to be as brutal as necessary to try to win.

I like Ryan's style. It sure beats listening to Dick praise the Patriots and wring his hands over how tough our division is. I think that the Jets have a very good shot at knocking off the Pats. It's going to be a great game to watch.

But it does remind me of an old saying... don't let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash.

I doubt it Sanchez is still a rookie and they didn't exactly beat a powerhouse last week.

I hope I am right in my belief that the pats arn't the bad the Bills are just a really good football team.

Rex Ryan sounds like a !@#$ing idiot. I hope Belicheck shuts him up.

Rex Ryan sent a 70 second personally recorded message asking season ticket holders to do all they could to help the Jets and intimidate the Patsies* with crowd noise, etc. Wouldn't you like DJ to do that instead of constantly praising the Patsies* before and after every loss--12 in a row. Belicheat* has done nothing but cheat and run up the score on DJ when he has gotten the chance. I'll take Rex Ryan every time to DJ in the way he deals with Belicheat*. I live in NE*. No one here in any way respects DJ, the Bills, or the Bills fans for anything. At least with Ryan they know they will have a tough adversary 2 games a year, year after year, win or lose. Ryan will force them to respect him. I'm glad Brady said talk is cheap because the Jets will try to make him pay with a few good shots which the Bills didn't get on him.

Rex Ryan sent a 70 second personally recorded message asking season ticket holders to do all they could to help the Jets and intimidate the Patsies* with crowd noise, etc. Wouldn't you like DJ to do that instead of constantly praising the Patsies* before and after every loss--12 in a row. Belicheat* has done nothing but cheat and run up the score on DJ when he has gotten the chance. I'll take Rex Ryan every time to DJ in the way he deals with Belicheat*. I live in NE*. No one here in any way respects DJ, the Bills, or the Bills fans for anything. At least with Ryan they know they will have a tough adversary 2 games a year, year after year, win or lose. Ryan will force them to respect him. I'm glad Brady said talk is cheap because the Jets will try to make him pay with a few good shots which the Bills didn't get on him.

Testify. :devil:

I don't respect Jauron - I think he's the most incompetent coach in the league. But I heard the 70 second voicemail, and I couldn't stop laughing. It was the corniest, most pathetic thing I've ever heard. Like Fireman Ed is going to stand up, "c'mon JETS fans!! Rex wants us to cheer more!!!" lol how !@#$ing lame.

Jauron isn't a bad coach because of what he says to the press. He's a bad coach because of how he coaches on gameday.

Who gives a rat's ass what he says if the team wins? And who cares what he says if the team loses?

You miss the point when you point out meaningless crap like this.

At least with Ryan they know they will have a tough adversary 2 games a year, year after year, win or lose. Ryan will force them to respect him. I'm glad Brady said talk is cheap because the Jets will try to make him pay with a few good shots which the Bills didn't get on him.

They don't know that by what he says, they only find that out on gameday. Why are some of us kissing Ryan's ass for talking tough, and comparing it to Jauron's antiseptic press conferences to prove that Jauron sucks? Someone else said it before me: you have testimony to Jauron's gameday coaching on the field, in his .424 win%, etc.

I have one question. How much chest pounding does Belicheck do? Jauron and Belicheck may not put comparable products on the field, but they are alike in one sense: the type of interviews they do. Vanilla, devoid of information, and boring.

Jauron isn't a bad coach because of what he says to the press. He's a bad coach because of how he coaches on gameday.

Who gives a rat's ass what he says if the team wins? And who cares what he says if the team loses?

"I think the strength of that team is the fact they don't have a lot of weaknesses.” :devil:

Really? You ever mentioned that before...

Look, if Rex has to spend more than 7 seconds (forget 70) begging his season tickets holders to cheer loudly, either he is or they are retarded Same for anyone who thinks any NFL team is "intimidated" by crowd noise.

I haven't taken the time to read every post in the thread so I apologize if the following has already been said.

The Jests could win 72-3 tomorrow and it WON'T HAVE A DAMN THING TO DO WITH ANYTHING REX RYAN SAID.

Period.

GO BILLS!!!

Jim Kelly said it bothered him that when he came into the locker room on Mondays he could not tell if the team had won or lost based on the mood in the locker room. I don't see that happening with Rex Ryan's teams. I also don't care what DJ says to the press. I care about what he says publicly to the opponent. When you have lost 12 straight games there should be nothing polite in what you say about the other team after the game. All you have to say is we will do everything we possibly can to win the next game, nothing will be off limits.

I don't respect Jauron - I think he's the most incompetent coach in the league. But I heard the 70 second voicemail, and I couldn't stop laughing. It was the corniest, most pathetic thing I've ever heard. Like Fireman Ed is going to stand up, "c'mon JETS fans!! Rex wants us to cheer more!!!" lol how !@#$ing lame.

There was a time when going to play in Buffalo was considered a brutal place to play, partly because of the crowd noise. It was usually compared to a fanatical college environment. I'd like to think most of our fans still feel that way. Now, whether the HC should be the one to rev up the crowd may be open to debate.