McKelvin was SUPPOSED to bring it out with 2:06 left

Simon

My question is this, what coach is yelling him up for costing the team a game like that by not protecting the ball? There is no one on the sidelines to deal with something like that AFTER it happens, so that it doesn't happen again. Btw anyone remember Nate fumbling the kickoff against Miami his rookie year?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One again the Bills find creative ways to lose football games ...again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Two things . Yes Mclovin should be hung. But the defensive coordinator should be fired tomorrow for the preventless D that was put out on the field for the drive that made it 19-24. I almost came on here a little earlier to say that I was never so happy to be proven wrong about their performance but I said wait there is 5 mins left and low and behold we piss this one awat also. This team sucks. This coach sucks and once hockey starts this whole damn city will suck.

<_<:censored::censored:

Bringing it out was the right call, and Bobby April is the best in the biz. McKelvin made the cardinal SIN of trying to fight for yardage. All he needed was to run 6 seconds off and get out of bounds, but he ran right up the middle and fought for yards...big mistake on his part.

Overall, DJ, the playcalling, the defensive scheme all looked good. Unfotunately, McKelvin made a very poor decision to not just get down.

My question is this, what coach is yelling him up for costing the team a game like that by not protecting the ball? There is no one on the sidelines to deal with something like that AFTER it happens, so that it doesn't happen again. Btw anyone remember Nate fumbling the kickoff against Miami his rookie year?

yelling him up is not going to do anything to prevent it from happening again.

Nobody is unhappier than Leodis McKelvin right now.

Too abd it was such an expensive lesson.

You can't have your hands team out there AND tell your return man to bring the ball out of the end zone.

If April did tell McKelvin to bring it out of the end zone, that's just stupid.

exactly. april wouldn't tell him to do that. it as clear mckevelin audibled that one

Roscoe dances around and shifts direction 8 times on a punt return where he has a ton of room. It leads to an inevitable block in the back.

McKelvin fights for an extra yard rather than putting his knee down. It leads to an inevitable fumble.

That's what happens when you take guys that scored a ten on the Wonderlic.

Bringing it out was fine......BUT GET DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUMB PLAYER made a DUMB PLAY.

Exactly he is just stupid,a direct reflection of the coach.He should have been told to take a knee on any kick in the endzone.That was sickening.He are parrish have the iqs of a ant

I bet my house April told him to bring it out and get the clock moving under 2:00 no matter what. He did exactly what he was correctly told do to.

Of course I doubt he was told to try and run somebody over <_< .

Bringing it out with :50 left probably wasn't the brightest idea though.

Yeah right.

That was an undisciplined player making a panic decision under tremendous pressure. The Bills breed mediocrity and losing.

Hands team was out there....never return in that situation from your end zone.

I bet my house April told him to bring it out and get the clock moving under 2:00 no matter what. He did exactly what he was correctly told do to.

Bringing it out was the right move to take it below 2 minutes, But you have to protect the damn ball!! Just a dumb play not to realize the situation and get down. Is he FN related to Robert Royal?!!??

Bringing it out to eat clock makes sense but as soon as he sees a bunch of red jerseys, it's time to go down and clutch onto the ball for dear life, not break a gang tackle.

Hes a "me player" and was trying to take it to the house.Another braindead Bills player

Yeah right.

That was an undisciplined player making a panic decision under tremendous pressure. The Bills breed mediocrity and losing.

Hands team was out there....never return in that situation from your end zone.

More importantly a self centered, selfish player put him "X" factor self before the team. From hero to zero! <_<

100% right. He fumbled and that sucks, but it will never change the fact that me made the right play not to take a knee. Next time just go down easy and really cover up that ball.

Roscoe dances around and shifts direction 8 times on a punt return where he has a ton of room. It leads to an inevitable block in the back.

McKelvin fights for an extra yard rather than putting his knee down. It leads to an inevitable fumble.

That's what happens when you take guys that scored a ten on the Wonderlic.

F McKelvin - I hate him

I know it is unheard of to question the almighlty April - but I think he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over rated by Bills fans

Exactly right on the first thought.

I think April will spill the beans to cover the kid though. He's a stand up guy.

No one wants to destroy the confidence of a player who is very talented. He made a bonehead move and it cost his team the game.

Maybe April will let on what happened, but I feel there are more mental errors that there should be. I know this is the 21st century and Lombardi isn't walking the sidelines, but players seem to make mistakes and not suffer for them.

Bringing it out was the right call, and Bobby April is the best in the biz. McKelvin made the cardinal SIN of trying to fight for yardage. All he needed was to run 6 seconds off and get out of bounds, but he ran right up the middle and fought for yards...big mistake on his part.

Overall, DJ, the playcalling, the defensive scheme all looked good. Unfotunately, McKelvin made a very poor decision to not just get down.

After taking the proverbial pill i have calmed down a bit and realize you are right. We did have the pats on the ropes, we played well, we just don't know how to win. Yet.