McKelvin was SUPPOSED to bring it out with 2:06 left

Simon

I bet my house April told him to bring it out and get the clock moving under 2:00 no matter what. He did exactly what he was correctly told do to.

Of course I doubt he was told to try and run somebody over :) .

Bringing it out with :50 left probably wasn't the brightest idea though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet my house April told him to bring it out and get the clock moving under 2:00 no matter what.

:) you McKelvin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: you McKelvin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wallbash: you McKelvin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wallbash: you McKelvin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet my house April told him to bring it out and get the clock moving under 2:00 no matter what.

Bringing it out was fine......BUT GET DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUMB PLAYER made a DUMB PLAY.

I bet my house April told him to bring it out and get the clock moving under 2:00 no matter what. He did exactly what he was correctly told do to.

Of course I doubt he was told to try and run somebody :) over.

I agree 100%. Except for the whole forgetting to hold onto the ball part.

Its a bad call bud because we didn't have the normal blockers. The other thing is that was two fumbles technically on him tonight.

he may have been a factor in this loss, but I pin it directly on Jauron and Fewell. We blitzed and got all over Brady in the first half, then came out and went soft the rest of the night. We let brady get comfortable and he killed us.

You can't have your hands team out there AND tell your return man to bring the ball out of the end zone.

If April did tell McKelvin to bring it out of the end zone, that's just stupid.

Thye had to get the clock under 2:00 so a 1st down wins hte game.

Bringing it out to get the clock moving was the correct call.

You can't have your hands team out there AND tell your return man to bring the ball out of the end zone.

If April did tell McKelvin to bring it out of the end zone, that's just stupid.

no, it's not. If he takes it out - they get it past the two minute warning negating an effective TO for NE.

Of course I doubt he was told to try and run somebody <_< over.

Bringing it out was fine... running head first with no notion of ball protection with that time left was disastrous, and shows what kind of player he is. When you draft brainless monkeys, thats what happens

Bringing it out was fine... running head first with no notion of ball protection with that time left was disastrous

Even if your premise is true he still could have slid and protected the ball. What does it matter? One loss closer to the end of the Jauron era.

Won't argue with any of that

Simon's right. You have to get it under 2:00. Taking it out is the right call. You just have to protect it. The extra yardage is pointless - slide before contact if you have to - just make sure it's under 2:00 and you still have !@#$ing possession. Then force NE to use their timeouts and get a first down or punt the !@#$ing thing a mile with your two-time pro bowl punter.

Its a bad call bud because we didn't have the normal blockers. The other thing is that was two fumbles technically on him tonight.

he may have been a factor in this loss, but I pin it directly on Jauron and Fewell. We blitzed and got all over Brady in the first half, then came out and went soft the rest of the night. We let brady get comfortable and he killed us.

They blitzed in the 2nd half too. I blame Jauron too but not for not blitzing. I blame him for running a no huddle offense and a bend but don't break D at the same time. It's a recipe that's ripe for losing games in the 4th when you have a totally gassed D who can no longer create pressure. Who didn't think the D would be easy pickings in the 4th with the ToP difference?

i didn't mind him bringing it out so long as in doing so his number one objective was holding onto the ball. No reason he didn't just go down when he got wrapped up. Dumb Dumb play by Leodis, especially after fumbling earlier in the game. I guess cornerbacks do have short memories.

This one hurts, but I gotta say the Dallas game hurt a lot worse (first game of the year, on the road, I'm more used to having victory snatched away by fluky events, the Pats do this to a lot of teams). I'm encouraged about this team overall.

It was a matter of a young player trying to do too much at the wrong time.

We'll never get the full story on this one.

Exactly right on the first thought.

I think April will spill the beans to cover the kid though. He's a stand up guy.

I agree completely about the D. Who is calling these plays. Brady was terrible in the first half because we pressured him. We let up the pressure and we lost.