McKelvin was SUPPOSED to bring it out with 2:06 left

Simon

Right. One first down and Brady does even get the ball back, instead were planing on it.

You totally made me realize I left out the most important part of my thought:

"when New England "inevitably" got the ball back (because, of COURSE, we would NEVER be able to sustain a drive and run the !@#$ing clock out ), he would have one less "time-out" to use. THAT is playing not to lose."

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Like some people said It was right for him to bring the ball out. But he has to hold on to the Ball damnit.

It a hard lesson to learn but I bet my last dollar he does not make this mistake of going for extra yards when he just needs to protect the Rock.

Like Jaws said you have to know the game situation and McKelvin learned the !@#$ing hard way.

but I am more pumped up about this season than I was even yesterday. They had a chance to be 1-0 in the division and played like it. But they did not finish the game.

When will they learn...maybe they are better than what we give them credit for.

They blitzed in the 2nd half too. I blame Jauron too but not for not blitzing. I blame him for running a no huddle offense and a bend but don't break D at the same time. It's a recipe that's ripe for losing games in the 4th when you have a totally gassed D who can no longer create pressure. Who didn't think the D would be easy pickings in the 4th with the ToP difference?

I saw it a bit differently. We weren't running quick plays in the no-huddle, we just didn't convert 3rd downs. The announcers kept blabbing about the no-huddle hurting us but had we converted a few third downs, they'd been raving. We could have huddled every play and took right to the last second to snap the ball, and our ToP wouldn't have changed IMO.

After the intitial shock, I'm OK with the game and believe in the talent and SOME of the coaches on this team.