McKelvin was SUPPOSED to bring it out with 2:06 left

Simon

F McKelvin - I hate him

I know it is unheard of to question the almighlty April - but I think he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over rated by Bills fans

yeah, having the top special teams unit year after year is soooooooo overrated.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet my house April told him to bring it out and get the clock moving under 2:00 no matter what. He did exactly what he was correctly told do to.

I was calling that as soon as the Pats scored with 2:06 left on the chat room. It was exactly the right thing to do to nullify the free timeout at 2:00. But, he had to tell him, get down on contact... or before. I put that on McKelvin.

You must not have even been watching. The only other option is that you are too stupid to comprehend what you did watch.

When the Bills were not blitzing Brady, as in the first half, the Pats didn't really have as much rhythm as usual and had to sustain drives with 3-7 yard passes. When the Bills started coming after him in the second half, he started moving the ball efficiently. Credit Tom Brady for being able to continually make the correct 3rd and 4th option reads and move the ball consistently five yards at a time. I don't think any other offense in the league pulls that off. Our D was rock solid. The coaching was awesome and much better than the Pats. If you can't see that you should just not say anything regarding football ever.

Amen.

I don't know the rules on this but, I'm gonna throw it out there...If the clock starts as soon as McKelvin touches the ball, couldn't he just run around in the end zone for 6 seconds to run off clock? Or does he actually have to return the ball out of the end zone for the clock to start?

No one wants to destroy the confidence of a player who is very talented. He made a bonehead move and it cost his team the game.

That fumble was one goat horn.

His whiff on Kevin Faulk on 3rd down on the first Pats TD drive was the other goat horn.

I don't know the rules on this but, I'm gonna throw it out there...If the clock starts as soon as McKelvin touches the ball, couldn't he just run around in the end zone for 6 seconds to run off clock? Or does he actually have to return the ball out of the end zone for the clock to start?

Clock doesn't start til he leaves the endzone

I believe the clock starts as soon as he leaves the endzone with it. I thought of that too, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. Gotta take your chances if you want the clock to start running...

I believe the clock starts as soon as he leaves the endzone with it. I thought of that too, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. Gotta take your chances if you want the clock to start running...

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought...That is just a heartbreaker...

If he returns the kick, falls down, and we go 3 and out, and then Brady goes 60-70 yards with 1 or less timeouts and beats us, then so be it. I can deal with that. In that case, we just lose to a better team.

But we had them, and we just gave it away....Without even a struggle...we just let it go.

I was thinking what ever happens, just dont fumble the kickoff, then bam fumble. If April didnt tell Mckelvin whatever you do just get down on the ground, then hes not doing his jobl as a coach. Its these little things that win and lose football games. I could care less about about getting the clock under 2 minutes on the return. We get a first down and its over instead were thinking about running 6-8 seconds off the clock. Hell I would of taken my chances with the pats having to go 60-70 yards with a minute and half and needing a TD with 0-1 timeouts. You have to be sadistic to be a Bills fan with this coaching staff, because if theres a way to lose a big game, we will find it.

I agree completely about the D. Who is calling these plays. Brady was terrible in the first half because we pressured him. We let up the pressure and we lost.

Not true. The Bills were winning matchups in the first half; in the second half the Bills players had their hats handed to them by the Pats offensive line. On the occasions when the Bills did blitz in the second half, they failed every time.

I was thinking what ever happens, just dont fumble the kickoff, then bam fumble. If April didnt tell Mckelvin whatever you do just get down on the ground, then hes not doing his jobl as a coach. Its these little things that win and lose football games. I could care less about about getting the clock under 2 minutes on the return. We get a first down and its over instead were thinking about running 6-8 seconds off the clock. Hell I would of taken my chances with the pats having to go 60-70 yards with a minute and half and needing a TD with 0-1 timeouts. You have to be sadistic to be a Bills fan with this coaching staff, because if theres a way to lose a big game, we will find it.

QFT. I am really torn on this, but I really think that the blame for it falls on McKelvin. It was the right play to bring it out, get it to the 2 min warning. But fall as soon as you get hit. And he got hit, and was still up...Instead of sticking to the gameplan, and letting your offense that has moved the ball every time that they had it win the game, you try to make something out of absolutely nothing and lose the game.

It's not surprising. McKelvin thought he could win the game on his own...despite the multiple instances that he was proven wrong (including a previous fumble) earlier in the game. He needs some work on the fundamentals of the game, his coverage was ugly and his tackling was...ugh.

...Instead of sticking to the gameplan, and letting your offense that has moved the ball every time that they had it win the game, you try to make something out of absolutely nothing and lose the game.

This is what is eating at me right now. Regardless of the :06 left on the clock before the two minute warning, as numerous people have pointed out earlier your hands team is in there... AND you are ripping off chunks of yardage with screens, draws, delayed handoffs, and consistently doing this while running the play clock down to the last :03 seconds... TAKE THE KNEE AND PICK UP THE EXTRA GODDAMN FIRST DOWN LIKE A REAL TEAM. If you don't, PUNT THE BALL AND TAKE YOUR CHANCES. McKelvin had no business, whether it was a coaches decision or his own, running that ball out from 5 yards deep in the endzone!! Not in this game under those circumstances!!

This is what is eating at me right now. Regardless of the :06 left on the clock before the two minute warning, as numerous people have pointed out earlier your hands team is in there... AND you are ripping off chunks of yardage with screens, draws, delayed handoffs, and consistently doing this while running the play clock down to the last :03 seconds... TAKE THE KNEE AND PICK UP THE EXTRA GODDAMN FIRST DOWN LIKE A REAL TEAM. If you don't, PUNT THE BALL AND TAKE YOUR CHANCES. McKelvin had no business, whether it was a coaches decision or his own, running that ball out from 5 yards deep in the endzone!! Not in this game under those circumstances!!

If you're so afraid of a freaking Special Team's fumble that you're willing to give your opponents a free TO with 2:00 left in a tight game, you've got less guts than Dick Jauron.

Prior to that kickoff, I know I was hoping that McKelvin would get it out to the 45-50 with a nice return. I was dreading a touch back with the Bills getting the ball at the 20 and the Pats having essentially four timeouts left. I wanted them to try and win, not play not to lose because I figured that if they did the latter, they would actually lose because they couldn't stop the NE offense.