How old were you when you started "slowing down"?

BillsPride12

I'm sure the majority of us had similar experiences during our college and roaring 20's years, lots of drinking, hanging out in bars, chasing women, getting stoned, etc. but I was just curious and wanted to see at what age did you grow out of that lifestyle and slow down? I'm sure everybody is gonna be different because usually it has to do with outside factors like having a child or getting a serious job but I'd like to hear people discuss when they started to change and what were the factors that caused it.

I'm sure the majority of us had similar experiences during our college and roaring 20's years, lots of drinking, hanging out in bars, chasing women, getting stoned, etc. but I was just curious and wanted to see at what age did you grow out of that lifestyle and slow down? I'm sure everybody is gonna be different because usually it has to do with outside factors like having a child or getting a serious job but I'd like to hear people discuss when they started to change and what were the factors that caused it.

22................I didn't abruptly stop--I just started hating being around a bunch of drunks at bars/clubs.-And esp in a place like Buffalo--most of the bars /clubs were for the very young(in the late 70s early 80s).You started feeling old at 25 in most of them.

22................I didn't abruptly stop--I just started hating being around a bunch of drunks at bars/clubs.-And esp in a place like Buffalo--most of the bars /clubs were for the very young(in the late 70s early 80s).You started feeling old at 25 in most of them.

Still do if you go to the Strip...

46 years old, still work hard(when I actually do work), play hard(sometimes the recovery is worse), and take care of my 3 boys hard......

...must add, my "play hard" consists of drinking good beer and the occasional liquor drinks and attending as many live concerts as possible, but that is how i have always played....no drugs or dangerous activities ever for me

I'll be 30 in February.

Same as Poojer as this only really includes consumption of beer in slightly large quantities. Haven't been to a club since I was 20. Drugs weren't/aren't my thing (to each their own) and I go to bars for happy hour only (this will change come my move to Tucson, and I'll be at a bar for the Bills games).

I made it to 37 until a shoulder injury ended my competitive days in sports. I still workout and do spin classes at 45. It's not age, it's just about taking care of yourself.

I noticed my wind going in my mid-thirties. Made playing pickup basketball a little tougher. As far as partying goes, just do it in moderation. No woman likes a slurring drunk trying to hit on her. You'll be thankful the next morning whether you pick her up or not. Hangovers get old.

The partying slows down as you get older, but that doesn't mean you have to drink less. Where in my late teens and early 20's I used to first go out at 10pm to begin bar hopping and pounding beers and shots until 4am, then getting breakfast and stumbling in sloshed around 5am.

Now in my early 40s, I drink at happy hours, or go out to eat with the wife and have some drinks, or drink at home while watching sports on TV. I can still tailgate with the best of them, but I'm certainly not getting plowed as often as the younger days, though I still will happily when the occasion presents itself.

I drink consistently now, less binge style and more methodical, because how many married men over the age of 40 are hanging out at bars until 4am getting hammered like they did when they were 20? Those who are, they are total losers.

I'm 28, married, no kids. Today's my day off, so me and my buddies are getting polluted.

In other words, to answer your question, I have no idea.

I imagine both the buddies and the getting polluted will disappear with the arrival my first kid. That is, until they're out of the house.

Early 30's (married at 35 and nor 44). Hard core drinking and bar cruising just does not have appeal any more. One, the crowds are much younger and two, when you get older you just can't recover quickly from a hard night of partying (not to mention most nights I am in bed by 10:30 :thumbsup: )

Mrs BB and I keep it pretty simple ... much happier with a nice dinner out with her as compared to a "party" or bar hopping.

I seem to be busier and have much more energy now than when I was younger. I'm in my 50s and slowing down is not an option. I still have a lot of living to do.

Besides, I told myself I couldn't die until the Bills win the big one!!

I seem to be busier and have much more energy now than when I was younger. I'm in my 50s and slowing down is not an option. I still have a lot of living to do.

Besides, I told myself I couldn't die until the Bills win the big one!!

I started slowing down in May of 2004 when I broke TWO bones in my foot. Since December of 2008, I have taken some mini steps to END this TREND and EXTEND my life!!! :wallbash: