Sporting News Ranks Stroud

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worth saying:

Ngata could've been a Buffalo Bill. But as we've been told ad nauseam, he didn't fit the Jauron system. Two years after wasting a pick on a DT and selecting a DB who is above average but not spectacular (because he doesn't have the players around him) Buffalo traded 2 picks for Stroud.

Team Building 101 courtesy of the Buffalo Bills, Russ Brandon, Marv Levy, et al.

It's worth saying:

Ngata could've been a Buffalo Bill. But as we've been told ad nauseam, he didn't fit the Jauron system. Two years after wasting a pick on a DT and selecting a DB who is above average but not spectacular (because he doesn't have the players around him) Buffalo traded 2 picks for Stroud.

Team Building 101 courtesy of the Buffalo Bills, Russ Brandon, Marv Levy, et al.

This sums it up perfectly.

It's worth saying:

Give it a rest.

You mean the endless seeking of validation in selected press pieces that the Bills are in good shape and their past moves have been actually OK?

No, the constant reminder of mistakes they have made from previous years. I know I can just not read this but it gets old when some are on a constant crusade around here.

No, the constant reminder of mistakes they have made from previous years. I know I can just not read this but it gets old when some are on a constant crusade around here.

Yeah? Well, they did make mistakes and should be pointed out for such. They aren't perfect. They do make poor choices. Ha ha-they made an error! Now I feel more perfecter.

It's worth saying:

witner is a nice player, but Ngata would have been a much better pick.

It's worth saying:

I also think we shouldn't have used first rounders on Losman, RJ, & Bledsoe; we shouldn't have draft Flowers; we should have never benched Flutie; etc. Let's just keeping moaning about the past on this board and perhaps it will change everything. :wallbash:

Dude, it's done. It's 4 freaking year later. Do you just sit around thinking about some girl that dumped you 4 year ago or do you move on to someone new? No one knows how both players would be if they switched teams. Perhaps Ngata would have came here, ate a lot of chicken wings & drank a lot of Blue and lacked focus like McCargo. Kelly Gregg, who was undrafted, was just as good of a player as Ngata has been. He is part of one of the best defensive dynasties in history. A lot of DTs could be really good playing next to Pryce, Lewis, Suggs, Reed, etc. Move on.

And WTF does Brandon have to do with anything? He has been in charge for 2 years, drafted 5 linemen, & traded for Stroud. Not too shabby.

It's worth saying:

The Ngata thing bugs me more than Mike Williams because it was just so unbelievably obvious.. :wallbash:

I also think we shouldn't have used first rounders on Losman, RJ, & Bledsoe; we shouldn't have draft Flowers; we should have never benched Flutie; etc. Let's just keeping moaning about the past on this board and perhaps it will change everything. :wallbash:

Dude, it's done. It's 4 freaking year later. Do you just sit around thinking about some girl that dumped you 4 year ago or do you move on to someone new? No one knows how both players would be if they switched teams. Perhaps Ngata would have came here, ate a lot of chicken wings & drank a lot of Blue and lacked focus like McCargo. Kelly Gregg, who was undrafted, was just as good of a player as Ngata has been. He is part of one of the best defensive dynasties in history. A lot of DTs could be really good playing next to Pryce, Lewis, Suggs, Reed, etc. Move on.

And WTF does Brandon have to do with anything? He has been in charge for 2 years, drafted 5 linemen, & traded for Stroud. Not too shabby.

I love it. You are right on. There are a few people here that love to live in the past. Not go forward. Fact is they got the 8th best ranked DT (according to the Sporting News) for a 3rd and a 5th. Now That is better then a 1st right???? Maybe you could look at it that way. But no, lets call the Bills F.O morons. Because you sitting in your cubicle could do a better job then them. RIGHHHHHHHHHHTTTT.

You mean the endless seeking of validation in selected press pieces that the Bills are in good shape and their past moves have been actually OK?

How many different ways of saying the same thing over and over does it take for you to understand what is being said? It's like the wife or girlfriend that nags all the time, she never gives it a rest.

As I've pointed out before, not only could we have drafted Ngata, who went 12th overall to Baltimore, but we also could have taken Brodrick Bunkley who went to Philly with pick #14:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/..._gal_060429.jpg

He's a total fit for our system, a one-gap penetrator with excellent quickness and power. According to the Sporting News article cited, he is ranked as the 18th best defensive tackle. Scouts Inc has Bunkley rated at #14 among defensive tackles. Bunkley is the player we all wish John McCargo would become.

Jovan Haye is rated 19th by the Sporting News and 16th by Scouts Inc. He was available as a free agent this offseason before signing with Tennessee. He is also a one-gap defensive tackle.

I hope McCargo really steps it up this year.