What's That Bass Line?

The Dean

http://www.mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=629

10 questions. I answered 8, all correct. Of the two I had to pass on, one I am proud to not know...the other one I probably should have known.

I know you don't want to spoil it... What dis you pass on? The same as me?

And... I didn't know that passing on one would mark it wrong... I thought you could go back and listen! Knowing that, I would have just guessed!

I know you don't want to spoil it... What dis you pass on? The same as me?

And... I didn't know that passing on one would mark it wrong... I thought you could go back and listen! Knowing that, I would have just guessed!

I wasn't sure that passing was giving up, either.

And, yes, we missed the same two. I am kind of proud I didn't know #4, but I should have gotten #8 even though I was never a big fan of that band. I got more than one right that I am embarrassed to know, too.

I wasn't sure that passing was giving up, either.

And, yes, we missed the same two. I am kind of proud I didn't know #4, but I should have gotten #8 even though I was never a big fan of that band. I got more than one right that I am embarrassed to know, too.

Wow... Exactly what I took from it. I don't how the phuck I missed #8!

The other one was tricky... I still can't pick it up... And I have watched CaddyShack a zillion times! :wallbash::devil:

:rolleyes:

i missed the journey one and the message in a bottle one, even knowing the answer i still wouldn't have gotten it, i selected gloria estephan..journey i just passed on, again, even knowing the answer i still couldnt get it

http://www.mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=629

10 questions. I answered 8, all correct. Of the two I had to pass on, one I am proud to not know...the other one I probably should have known.

8 of 10. Missed the Journey one. #8 I listened to 4 or 5 times. I guess I just don't know the bass line from that song that well.

It is a less than memorable bass line from a very crappy tune.

9 out of 10. missed on message in a bottle. otherwise, agree. pretty lame. if you can't get 7, you don't know much about music.

jw

Interestingly, that was the only one that gave me trouble. I got all the others instantly. But then again, I'm

a) a weirdo who tends to hear & remember songs by their bass lines, not their melodies (drives the wife crazy), and

b) an ex-bass player, so that helped.

But I can't argue too much with your premise; I should listen to music from that era more often than I do.

Interestingly, that was the only one that gave me trouble. I got all the others instantly. But then again, I'm

a) a weirdo who tends to hear & remember songs by their bass lines, not their melodies (drives the wife crazy), and

b) an ex-bass player, so that helped.

But I can't argue too much with your premise; I should listen to music from that era more often than I do.

I can hear Message in a Bottle after replaying it... I just don't hear the Journey bass in #4... The Journey song's bass is really stripped down to say the least! IMO.