Bills Daily gives Bills C- grade...

Big Turk

Bills potentially get 5 starters in the first 5 picks including what NFP said was the steal of the draft in Shawn Nelson, and we get a C-?

Wow...when this draft becomes the core of some very good Bills teams a few years down the line, hopefully he remembers that grade...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills potentially get 5 starters in the first 5 picks including what NFP said was the steal of the draft in Shawn Nelson, and we get a C-?

Wow...when this draft becomes the core of some very good Bills teams a few years down the line, hopefully he remembers that grade...

They also said it was their vain attempt to grade the draft as you can't really do that for 2-3 years. On paper the sheer number of db's makes higher grade more questionable.

I give it a B. I would have gone higher if they didn't waste the last 3 picks.

All teams start with a C, even the Raiders.

I give it a B+ (A- depending on Maybin).

Who cares about meaningless DB's. I know I poke fun, but really who cares. If anything maybe we get a diamond in the rough with them.

We got holes filled, which bumps us to a B - regardless of how good he or anyone thinks they are. We get the plus for the Nelson pick.

Most of the picks were solid, I thought a B or B+ would be accurate. I was disapponted that they passed on Marcus Freeman in the 5th and Ricky-Jean Francois in the 7th. I believe those 2 have potential.

I don't disagree with their grade, really. I don't absolutely hate the Maybin pick, but I do have concerns about his lack of experience as well as his lack of size. The next several picks were all good, but then the CB picks to me were wastes. Overall, I think its a C draft, maybe a C+. There's potential for it to go higher depending on Maybin, but that pick scares me and combined with the two throwaway picks at the end, I'm only cautiously optimistic about this draft. Additionally, I'm very concerned that they've done nothing through FA and now the draft to address one of the worst run defenses in the NFL over the last four years.

That said, I do like this draft more than some may think just given the grade. I tend to grade pretty harshly and 'C' grade from me isn't bad at all.

I don't disagree with their grade, really. I don't absolutely hate the Maybin pick, but I do have concerns about his lack of experience as well as his lack of size. The next several picks were all good, but then the CB picks to me were wastes. Overall, I think its a C draft, maybe a C+. There's potential for it to go higher depending on Maybin, but that pick scares me and combined with the two throwaway picks at the end, I'm only cautiously optimistic about this draft. Additionally, I'm very concerned that they've done nothing through FA and now the draft to address one of the worst run defenses in the NFL over the last four years.

That said, I do like this draft more than some may think just given the grade. I tend to grade pretty harshly and 'C' grade from me isn't bad at all.

I gave it that grade because they now have a glut at the middle of the offensive line and in a defensive backfield while having glaring holes at offensive tackle, didn't get any help at defensive tackle, and more importantly five players are tweeners... Most tweeners fail in the NFL because they aren't good enough at either position that they are in between.

Also, how are four players going to get used to the NFL and a new position at the same time?

As I say it's way too early to really tell and I hope I'm proven wrong but recent draft history suggests that I may be more on the money than I hope..

I really have no problem giving this draft a solid A. You'll see me complaining about the cornerbacks, but the fact is we didn't pick a pro CB until the 6th round. Our first 5 picks were a pass rushing DE with enormous upside, a ballhawking FS, two highly-rated interior linemen and an athletic recieving tight end. Thats darn near perfect, in my opinion.

How long have we been screaming for the Bills to meet those needs? This is a day to feel good, regardless of the wasted picks at draft's end.

A B- from me. I think I would have taken Orakpo in the first, a true OLB instead of an out of place player and something other than a DB in round 7. And while I am not against the 2rd round CB moving to S I can't say his speed will impress me in an even faster NFL.

these "draft grades" are about as relevant as the "power rankings" that get everyone's panties in a wad during the regular season. my advice is to pay them no mind.

if you want something to get pissed about, i might remind you that ralph still hasn't pledged he WON'T move a 2nd home game to canada next year...and the toronto people have made it known they're scheming for it.

B- or C+ from me..because of those 2 final picks...would've preferred to get another TE...Gronkowski...and a big developmental DT

6th and 7th rounders should not influence an initial draft grade. Most of those guys don't make the team and should be looked at in conjunction with the UDFA's signed. If the Bills somehow landed Henderson, I would be very happy with this offseason.

To me, grading the draft is the first three rounds. In those rounds, almost all of those drafted make the team the first year, and it's about a 50-50 chance you get a decent or a good starter either early or late.

From the fourth and fifth maybe half the players even make the team. The chances of getting a solid starter or even valuable reserve is, what, 10-20%?

Sixth and Seventh rounders are all total crap-shoots, and personally I find it foolish when posters list several players who made it big that were 6th or 7th rounders or UDFAs. While a handful every year surprise people and some even become great a few years later, you can't EVER say which one it will be, and if you do it was total luck, or a lucky hunch (when 95% of your other hunches prove to be wrong, you just don't count them). And 90+% of these draftees completely suck.

So while I was complaining about the last couple picks at CB as hard and as much as anyone, it doesn't have anything to do with my grade of the draft, which stopped at Shawn Nelson. I call this draft a B+, which quickly becomes an A if Maybin gets some pressure on the QB early.