Bills Daily gives Bills C- grade...

Big Turk

Good, maybe this will shut up all the idiots on this board who think it was the greatest draft ever with 6 new starters

These guys are not sure-fire talents, and we've still got a number of huge holes

No one is.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ST is always a need.

There's a reason why excellent special team players are available in the 5th, 6th, 7th rounds, why "starters" don't play special teams, and why the Bills haven't made the playoffs in a decade despite having one of the best special team squads in the league

Special teams are a complimentary part of the team, they're not worth devoting 1/3rd of every draft to

Good, maybe this will shut up all the idiots on this board who think it was the greatest draft ever with 6 new starters

These guys are not sure-fire talents, and we've still got a number of huge holes

There has been a lot of Kool-aid consumption going on around here.

All will be better when all of the pre and post draft masturbation ends.

Is that really you in your Avatar?

It's almost anathema for me to say it at all, but I genuinely like this draft, sort of. We got some solid people who can start week 1. Maybin should probably move to OLB, which means we still have the same, ineffective DL from last year plus who we get back from IR. Almost every pick we made was underweight, in need of conditioning - not really unusual. Our defensive backs are all short and slow, tradition.

If Maybin works out well, this draft works. If not, this draft probably works. I think Wood, Nelson, and N. Harris are going to be terrific in time, IMHO, and that would be a real asset going forward. If any of the DBs pan out, bonus. If we can land Levi Jones from Cincinnati, super!!!!

I can't say that this will be a transformative year, but we're on the right track if we can just dump Jauron. :thumbsup:

It's almost anathema for me to say it at all, but I genuinely like this draft, sort of. We got some solid people who can start week 1. Maybin should probably move to OLB, which means we still have the same, ineffective DL from last year plus who we get back from IR. Almost every pick we made was underweight, in need of conditioning - not really unusual. Our defensive backs are all short and slow, tradition.

If Maybin works out well, this draft works. If not, this draft probably works. I think Wood, Nelson, and N. Harris are going to be terrific in time, IMHO, and that would be a real asset going forward. If any of the DBs pan out, bonus. If we can land Levi Jones from Cincinnati, super!!!!

I can't say that this will be a transformative year, but we're on the right track if we can just dump Jauron. :thumbsup:

If Maybin is a !@#$ing animal, then he single-handedly saves the draft even if everyone else busts... It's not outside the realm of possibility that he puts on a bunch of muscle, and stays fast...he's only 21

But, I think outside of him we've got a number of middle of the road players, playing out of position, albeit in some spots where even middle of the road is an upgrade

You can't grade it yet, obviously. But BillsDaily giving them a C- is no less ridiculous than people on here or anywhere else giving them a B+.

Without grading it per se, I'm very concerned about two things in particular- the number of "tweeners" they picked (Maybin, Byrd, Nic Harris), and the number of players that are going to be asked to play different positions than they did in college (Byrd, Nic Harris, Levitre, and Wood). There's an awful lot of risk there.

I'm no scout and I won't pretend to be. But if people really think the first 5 guys they drafted are all going to be successful NFL starters, you're ignoring the draft history of the league. And, obviously ignoring the mediocre drafting history of the Bills this decade.

Can we temper the expectations just a little bit? If they can get 3 solid starters (maybe 1 of them being a Pro Bowler) and a couple of decent reserves, it's a good draft. But there's no way all 5 of their first picks are going to pan out. It just doesn't work that way.

Anybody who is trying to biuld their team around rounds 5-7 is seriously asking for trouble......sometimes you get lucky but most of the time no.......

- Aaron Maybin is YOUNG.......he is a pass rush freak who hasn't finished growing yet AND I love his never quit attitude and character. This is a guy who two years from now will be making QB's wet their pants and will be a leader in the locker room. To me he looks like a young Jason Taylor.

- Wood is the center we have been needing for years......he will keep the monser DT's in our division off of our QB. But what was nice about this draft is they didn't stop there.....they then took the best OG available in the draft also known for his mean streak. Mark my words......the problems that this team had creating space for running inside are OVER.

- FINALLY a quality pass receving tight end

:thumbsup: Nice post John from Hemet, there is some quality in this draft and we wont fully know the potential yet, but its there.

Nelosn could be quite a player, he seems to be that quality pass receving tight end we so desperately need, an outlet receiver for Trent with some game breaking ability. <_<

I gave it that grade because they now have a glut at the middle of the offensive line and in a defensive backfield while having glaring holes at offensive tackle, didn't get any help at defensive tackle, and more importantly five players are tweeners... Most tweeners fail in the NFL because they aren't good enough at either position that they are in between.

Also, how are four players going to get used to the NFL and a new position at the same time?

As I say it's way too early to really tell and I hope I'm proven wrong but recent draft history suggests that I may be more on the money than I hope..

I agree with your grade for a different reason, I am still in shock we let Brown past us (OR Unger) in the 2nd round, in order to draft into what is already a deep position (or a guy we have to 'convert', always a risky proposition).

If Brown turns out to be better than Maybin (a very real possibility) in the pros, then the grade goes down to a D+

Hopefully Byrd can show something early in his career.

Most of the picks were solid, I thought a B or B+ would be accurate. I was disapponted that they passed on Marcus Freeman in the 5th and Ricky-Jean Francois in the 7th. I believe those 2 have potential.

I agree. I want to know how Freeman compares to Nic Harris. Bears took Freeman later in round 5 and their defense, I think, is similar to ours.

I give it a B+.

at least no one that this front office picks

You should find a new hobby. Some success in your life might shed some light on the brighter sides of life. I heard that there is a bridge club opening up at the senior citizen home in Orchard Park.

I wonder if your parents paid for you to go away to college and then paid for a hotel for you to stay at during breaks and the summer. You are so negative and it's really annoying. Don't like the front office, ok that's fine. Say you don't like some or all of the pics, that's great. Have an educated argument at least. I really hope your myspace girlfriend doesn't break up with you, the last thing this world needs is another pissed off kid that needs to scream for attention in a real life setting. You're not the only one who is negative, but most others have some sort of argument and I could respect that.

You must be new around here.