Round 2, Pick 42: JAIRUS BYRD, CB, Oregon

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can we pass on Orakpo AND Brown in the second? To take a CB who will be behind MCgee, McCelvin, Florence, Youboty, and Corner? That makes him what, SIXTH on the depth chart! We need one more OL, a DL, TE, and a LB. I cant belive we took Maybin, now this. 1/3 aint too bad for the first 3 picks I guess.

this

!@#$ Brandon, !@#$ Modrak, !@#$ Jauron, !@#$ Fewell, and !@#$ whoever the !@#$ scouted this !@#$.

Never saw it coming. Who would have thought that a team brilliant enough to pull off the Peters trade would eff up the draft?

How can we pass on Orakpo AND Brown in the second? To take a CB who will be behind MCgee, McCelvin, Florence, Youboty, and Corner? That makes him what, SIXTH on the depth chart! We need one more OL, a DL, TE, and a LB. I cant belive we took Maybin, now this. 1/3 aint too bad for the first 3 picks I guess.

i guess you forgot to notice that Orakpo was taken with the #13 pick overall to the Redskins....

Pro Football Weekly has him rated 2nd at CB behind Jenkins:

"Could bring great value as a short-area, press-zone corner, but is tough, smart and athletic enough to project to safety and could eventually develop into a ballhawk on the back end. Intriguing versatility and pedigree add to his value. He should develop into a solid No. 2 corner or potential free safety and could bring additional value as a returner."

He's only a Junior and he has 17 freaking picks.

"Could bring great value as a short-area, press-zone corner, but is tough, smart and athletic enough to project to safety and could eventually develop into a ballhawk on the back end. Intriguing versatility and pedigree add to his value. He should develop into a solid No. 2 corner or potential free safety and could bring additional value as a returner."

Here's our starting FS...I really don't have that much of a poroblem with it..must just be me...I consider FS a need

Yep, he looks like a free safety guy. Sturdy build, good route recognition skills and a ball hawk. Don't know if this is the right value at #42 but I like the pick if he lines up next to Whitner.

you guys have sh------- reading comprehension

we passed on Orakpo [in the first] AND we passed on Brown in the second

no you have sh------- writing skills..you said they passed on Orakpo and Brown in the second...you said nothing bout the first round...don't think people are just going to assume you meant that because you sure as hell didn't write it like that

I dont give a !@#$ if he had 40 picks. We're fairly deep at CB and are terribly thin at TE, LB, and still even D-line. This is one of the most retarded things I have seen this team do. That's saying a lot because we all know we have done many retarded things lately...god dammit this pisses me off to no end. !@#$ jauron and his hard on for db's..

He is smart and tough, great cover 2 corner, not a blazer.. hope the apple fell close to the tree...Hard hitters and is a gym rat.

I hate the "gym rat" cliche, right up there with "high motor" and "lunch pail". What if he didn't leave the gym because he never studied for his classes or was too stupid to absorb the system in the allotted practice time? Who is the better player, the guy who gets it right after an hour of practice or the guy that gets it right an hour after practice?

Sorry, this pick has soured my normally sunny disposition.

He projects to a safety -- and it's a definite need. Glad they addressed the position - Whitner has not performed at the necessary level for a starting safety.

Sure he has. He's had to cover the whole middle of the field by himself the past year...

that pick made my decision easy for re-newing my season tickets. no freaking way. i'm going to sell 4 of my 8 jerseys too. won't ever wear them to a game again soo. fuuck it.

wow one pick and you are done...real fan pathetic dude

I dont give a !@#$ if he had 40 picks. We're fairly deep at CB and are terribly thin at TE, LB, and still even D-line. This is one of the most retarded things I have seen this team do. That's saying a lot because we all know we have done many retarded things lately...god dammit this pisses me off to no end. !@#$ jauron and his hard on for db's..

Now I see the brilliance of letting Jabari leave. Suddenly, it all makes sense.

so on 3rd and long we have aaron and maybin rushing on the edges, and have youboty, mclovin, mcgee, corner, donte, and byrd in coverage.

you guys realize that nickle and dime account for over half of 3rd downs and like 40% of all plays, right?

that pick made my decision easy for re-newing my season tickets. no freaking way. i'm going to sell 4 of my 8 jerseys too. won't ever wear them to a game again soo. fuuck it.

Later.

People who react like this are pathetic.

Most people couldn't even name 75% of the draftees until a few weeks ago.

Every frickin' year people go nuts when we don't take so-and-so who usually turns out to be bust anyway. People really need a life. Take a chill and see what happens.

If the Bills plan on playing him at Safety, then fine. I'll deal cause the guy seems to have a good eye for the ball. Plus, maybe there is a reason that Everette Brown fell as far as he did. I would have liked a Center here, but eh.

Now, if this seriously is meant to be a CB pick. !@#$ you Russ and !@#$ you Dick Jauron. You are completely !@#$ing retarded. I want to punch you both in the face as hard as I can. Go dig a hole somewhere and !@#$ yourself into it.

Later.

People who react like this are pathetic.

Most people couldn't even name 75% of the draftees until a few weeks ago.

Every frickin' year people go nuts when we don't take so-and-so who usually turns out to be bust anyway. People really need a life. Take a chill and see what happens.

It's not about who he is. Hell, pry 95% of us don't know who he is. It's the fact that he is a player who plays at a position we are loaded at while there are players out there available who fill immediate, deafening needs.

I bet the people who sit around you will be happy to hear this. I mean, if you're this big of a doucherocket over a pick in the draft, you must be a complete ass clown on Sundays.

The Bills reach for a corner who was rated by the experts to go at least 10-15 picks later? Shocked, shocked, shocked!

Will you guys let the kids play first and stop pretending that you know better...please?