final NFL network MOCK DRAFT

papazoid

Oher is SUCH a dangerous pick. Anyone who has read The Blind Side understands the risk here. The guy does not have the passion for the game that you want at that position (it's not his fault, but his upbringing was tragic and difficult). He also has intelligence issues. You're looking at a combination of Jason Peters and Mike Williams, just an unstable dude who could disappear from the team and football at any moment never to be heard from again. Plus if you've read the book, you know that going to college was a big deal for him because it meant being far from his adopted home. If I recall correctly there were SEC teams that were too far away for his liking. Now he's gonna move up to Buffalo? This pick would be a disaster waiting to happen. Ticking time bomb. I can't believe the Bills have ended up in this situation.

Forgett Pettigrew in Rd 1 ... go w/ T. Jackson or BJ at 11 (I know BJ not likely to be available but Tackson probably will be) then best OLB available at 28 (I thinking Matthews/Cushing here?). OT can be addressed at 42 (Beatty/Britton/Duke Robinson). TE in later rounds ....

My philosophy is speed/skills in early rounds; bulk/power in later rounds .....

Oher is SUCH a dangerous pick. Anyone who has read The Blind Side understands the risk here. The guy does not have the passion for the game that you want at that position (it's not his fault, but his upbringing was tragic and difficult). He also has intelligence issues. You're looking at a combination of Jason Peters and Mike Williams, just an unstable dude who could disappear from the team and football at any moment never to be heard from again. Plus if you've read the book, you know that going to college was a big deal for him because it meant being far from his adopted home. If I recall correctly there were SEC teams that were too far away for his liking. Now he's gonna move up to Buffalo? This pick would be a disaster waiting to happen. Ticking time bomb. I can't believe the Bills have ended up in this situation.

I read it and have watched SEC footbal for the last 4 years and wholeheartedly disagree with your conclusion. Additionally, your theory on location doesn't account for the fact that when he left Memphis, he was a kid who had been abandoned much of his life and now is a 22 year old, confident and well-liked man or the fact that many 18 year olds have anxiety when leaving home for the first time and somehow manage to becoming functioning adults. In short, I think you are loooking at the circumstances as detailed in the book and not who the kid has become.

Happy? Not really. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if Pettigrew fell to 28, but I don't think its going to happen. Oher? No thanks.

If that happened, I'd try my hardest to trade out of that 11th overall spot. If that didn't work, my selection would be Tyson Jackson.

I read it and have watched SEC footbal for the last 4 years and wholeheartedly disagree with your conclusion. Additionally, your theory on location doesn't account for the fact that when he left Memphis, he was a kid who had been abandoned much of his life and now is a 22 year old, confident and well-liked man or the fact that many 18 year olds have anxiety when leaving home for the first time and somehow manage to becoming functioning adults. In short, I think you are loooking at the circumstances as detailed in the book and not who the kid has become.

That may very well be. I'm definitely basing my opinion on what I read in the book, and if he's changed, great, and I'd feel better about the pick. But the picture Michael Lewis paints is of an immature, confused and learning disabled athlete who has trouble focusing. And may also have other *issues* that are *hinted* at in the book (if you don't know what I'm referring to, never mind, I'm not going to post it).

Jon Gruden: "We have pass rushers. I've got the best receiving core in football. I'm going to throw the rock now, I'm going to spread you out and throw it. I could use some defensive help, but I have to keep my quarterback healthy. If Edwards is healthy, Edwards can play. I'm going to Ole Miss to find Michael Oher."

Charles Davis: "Are you going to play yourself in the movie now? Now that you've selected him, you can play yourself in the movie."

Jon Gruden: "I'll have season tickets to the Buffalo Bills, and I'll be watching."

Charles Davis: "Can I get a ticket to Toronto?"

Rich Eisen: "That's on the NFL Network!"

Jamie Dukes: "Can you get him to read the book that's about him before he gets camp?"

Jon Gruden: "This football player, he's a four-year starter. He's backed it up on tape."

Rich Eisen: "They'd be estatic if this happens, right?"

Mike Mayock: "He's a Buffalo Bill. I think four offensive tackles will go in the first 10, if not the first 11. The tackles are coming off the board, just like last year. Now we go from the Bills to one of the most intriguing teams in the draft, the Broncos."

I think Gruden want to coach Bills next season...So he come here and take look who will be here next season...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true

highlights:

#11- OHER

#28- PETTIGREW

Why would Bills Fans like this?

Neither one of them can Rush the Passer...I would be pissed off if We Draft Oher at #11...I'd MUCH rather have Orakpo, Ayers, Brown or Maybin...I know none of them are a sure thing, but The Bills need Pass Rusher in the worst possible way...It's still the #1 Need even with Peters gone...They need to take a shot at one of those DE's...Spending our 1st two picks on offense would be a complete joke...Then again this is the Bills so... :thumbsup:

I love the NFL network, but anything that has Marshall Faulk listed as an expert has no credibility! He is so dumb it is painfull to listen to him speak.

When he was playing, he was generally regarded as the smartest running back in the league and one of the smartest players on the field. He could read and diagnose plays better than any other back, and ran perfect routes.

When he was playing, he was generally regarded as the smartest running back in the league and one of the smartest players on the field. He could read and diagnose plays better than any other back, and ran perfect routes.

I recall hearing that he was a top-notch student of the game that incessantly studied game film to understand other clubs' tendencies and their players.

There is no way Pettigrew is around at 28. JMO

I think there is a good chance that he is still around at 28. A lot of mock drafts, in fact almost all of them had him going just a couple picks before that to Atlanta. They don't need him now with Gonzalez there.

I found it particularly interesting that Mayock calls out Everette Brown as a second-round pick that goes in the first. Many of you know that I haven't been high on any of the "top" DEs, so it sort of validates the idea that pass rusher can be neglected at the 11 pick if Buffalo's board stacks up right.

Jets or Eagles will take him dependign on further trades. Second coming of Kyle Brady, let them have him!

Jets have too many other needs ... if he gets by Philly at 21 (barring a team like Cleveland trading back into the first round), I think he's ours.

Jets have too many other needs ... if he gets by Philly at 21 (barring a team like Cleveland trading back into the first round), I think he's ours.

Why wouldn't Atlanta take him? I know they traded for Gonzalez, but how can adding a younger, more athletic TE that can learn from one of the greatest TEs of all time be a bad thing?

Also, I'd expect Miami, Indianapolis, and/or Baltimore to take a long look at him as well. I really doubt he'll be there at 28.

Just my 1 cent.

Forgett Pettigrew in Rd 1 ... go w/ T. Jackson or BJ at 11 (I know BJ not likely to be available but Tackson probably will be) then best OLB available at 28 (I thinking Matthews/Cushing here?). OT can be addressed at 42 (Beatty/Britton/Duke Robinson). TE in later rounds ....

My philosophy is speed/skills in early rounds; bulk/power in later rounds .....

I agree with the order DE Tyson Jackson, then LB (USC) , then OT , then TE (Cook). (I would be willing to flip OT to 1st ,2nd or 3rd pick depending upon who's available at the time)

However, my philosophy is build the lines first (bulk/power) and take the non-lineman later (after round 3).