Jests complain about schedule for religious reasons

Beerball

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh fricking well.. NFl has played on Christmas day .... religion has no business determining schedules. If you can't make it because of your beleifs that is an issue for you to deal with not the NFL

So Jewish people in NYC are more important than those in any other NFL city? The Bills should offer to move one of the games to Toronto, and then the Jets can play the Bills at the Ralph.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Well, let's make the Jewish people in Boston or Philly or Tampa suffer the home game on the holiday. We don't want it in New York City.

Very, very selfish, and frankly, typical NYC behavior.

Look, there are Jewish fans of sixteen teams that have trouble on each of those weekends (and for the very religious, all 32). It's simply the Jets' fans' turn this time. Too bad.

Who are the Jests? You can't please everyone all the time, it is impossible, but it is an oversight scheduling both days like that. I don't really think they will do anything about it though, I can't remember them ever changing a schedule because of fan complaints. I am not Jewish, do these holidays preclude them from attending events on those days? I know there are restrictions for them, but I have almost zero knowledge of the Jewish religion.

Here's my advice to people who have a conflict between their religious obligations and the scheduling of sporting events: Decide which one means more to you.

Bingo.

Additionally, I like to think that I respect everyone's religious beliefs and i do sympathize with those having a problem with this.

However, I do also respect TIVO and Stubhub.com, which are 2 ways to sort of resolve the problem.

Evidently the Jiants and Jests both attempted to get away games those two weeks.

For those who need it broken down mathematically:

17 weeks in a year

Jests play 8 home games

Jiants play 8 home games

It is impossible to accomodate both unless you mandate off day game like Thanksgiving for one of those teams.

This is something that they should have figured out before agreeing to share Jiants Stadium.

Next year what the Jiants Stadium ought to do is say stadium is "unavailable" those specific days and then NFL would be forced to change schedule.

What Douches in New York City!

Off-topic, but did anyone see the link to the Rex Ryan interview to the right of that story? "We don't expect to just win, we expect to win big". I know DJ takes a lot of flak for his dry personality, but I really hope this fat ba$tard chokes on the drumstick he keeps in his back pocket. He hasn't even coached a game yet and talks so much sh--.

Sloppy oversight on the part of the NFL. I wonder how they will resolve it.

How so? Every team has Jewish fans and so why should a team in another town suffer for their fans just because the Jests are babies. :lol:

Bingo.

Additionally, I like to think that I respect everyone's religious beliefs and i do sympathize with those having a problem with this.

However, I do also respect TIVO and Stubhub.com, which are 2 ways to sort of resolve the problem.

What the Jests are complaining about is the ability of Jewish fans to come to the stadium.

Evidently the Jiants and Jests both attempted to get away games those two weeks.

For those who need it broken down mathematically:

17 weeks in a year

Jests play 8 home games

Jiants play 8 home games

It is impossible to accomodate both unless you mandate off day game like Thanksgiving for one of those teams.

This is something that they should have figured out before agreeing to share Jiants Stadium.

Next year what the Jiants Stadium ought to do is say stadium is "unavailable" those specific days and then NFL would be forced to change schedule.

What Douches in New York City!

I was going to point out the same thing. :thumbdown: So the Jests want the Giants to suffer instead? What a bunch of crybabies.

Off-topic, but did anyone see the link to the Rex Ryan interview to the right of that story? "We don't expect to just win, we expect to win big". I know DJ takes a lot of flak for his dry personality, but I really hope this fat ba$tard chokes on the drumstick he keeps in his back pocket. He hasn't even coached a game yet and talks so much sh--.

his attitude reminds me too much of Gregggo. Watch, the guy will have an airhorn at training camp and everybody on ESPNM will call him the next lombardi.

So Jewish people in NYC are more important than those in any other NFL city? The Bills should offer to move one of the games to Toronto, and then the Jets can play the Bills at the Ralph.

No, but the Jewish people in NYC are the the ones most apt to kick and scream about literally anything, as evidenced here. This will eventually lead to cries of straight out anti-semitism by the NFL.

Bottom line, if you are that devote, it shouldnt even matter to you, your relgion should come first. Or just Tivo the game and STFU

Here's my advice to people who have a conflict between their religious obligations and the scheduling of sporting events: Decide which one means more to you.

Well said!! Growing up I had to go to Mass on Saturday afternoon if I wanted to go to the game on Sunday. Small sacrifice to make.

And I'm sure they would. But it's not the Jewish community complaining about the conflict in that article, it's the Jets complaining about the potential loss of revenue.

To which I say: screw 'em (the Jets, that is). Ain't the league's job to schedule around the religious needs of a portion of a team's fan base.