Madden Breaks it Down

H2o

OK, I'm 30+ and I still play video games. I admit it. :( I simulated a season with the updated roster on NCAA 09 which had the updated player ratings of all the prospects for the draft. I then exported and saved the draft class. I put in the Madden game a few days later and simulated a season to get to the draft. This is what happened:

Marcus Freeman was a top 5 prospect at OLB, that was a surprise. Stafford and Freeman were top 5 prospects with Sanchez coming in as a 2nd. Laraunitis was the highest rated MLB and just a 1st round prospect. Aaron Curry was rated as a 1st-2nd. Maualuga was rated as a 3rd round prospect and he was one of the highest rated players on NCAA 09. Robert Ayers was the highest rated DE in the draft as a top 10 prospect. Everett Brown was a 1st. Orakpo was a 3rd, Maybin was a 3rd, Barwin was a 3rd, English was a 3rd, and so was Shaughnessy. Crabtree was rated a 1st, but not top 10. Same for DHB, Harvin, Maclin, Nicks, and Britt. Oher was the highest rated OT as a top 10 pick. Monroe and Andre Smith were 1st round prospects also. The rest of the guys filled out in the 2nd and beyond. Luigs came in as the highest rated C prospect along with Unger in the 2nd-3rd rating. Caldwell, Wood, and Mack were all 3rd round prospects. Pettigrew and Cook were rated as 2nd-3rd round prospects with the other "most mentioned" coming in between the 3rd and 6th. Raji, Jerry, Hood, Brace, and the rest of the DT's didn't even show up as prospects until the 2nd-3rd. The corners were pretty much rated the same way they are now with the order being Davis, Jenkins, Butler, Macho Harris(exception), and Alphonso Smith all spreading out over the first 2 rounds. Patrick Chung came out the highest rated S, but was only a 3rd prospect. Herman Johnson and Duke Robinson were the highest rated OG's with the 2nd round prospect label. That's about all I can remember.

I just found it pretty funny the way the DE's showed up. Most of the others had higher ratings than Ayers except for Barwin and English. I know, I know, but I found it a little interesting. :angry:

OK, I'm 30+ and I still play video games. I admit it. :( I simulated a season with the updated roster on NCAA 09 which had the updated player ratings of all the prospects for the draft. I then exported and saved the draft class. I put in the Madden game a few days later and simulated a season to get to the draft. This is what happened:

Marcus Freeman was a top 5 prospect at OLB, that was a surprise. Stafford and Freeman were top 5 prospects with Sanchez coming in as a 2nd. Laraunitis was the highest rated MLB and just a 1st round prospect. Aaron Curry was rated as a 1st-2nd. Maualuga was rated as a 3rd round prospect and he was one of the highest rated players on NCAA 09. Robert Ayers was the highest rated DE in the draft as a top 10 prospect. Everett Brown was a 1st. Orakpo was a 3rd, Maybin was a 3rd, Barwin was a 3rd, English was a 3rd, and so was Shaughnessy. Crabtree was rated a 1st, but not top 10. Same for DHB, Harvin, Maclin, Nicks, and Britt. Oher was the highest rated OT as a top 10 pick. Monroe and Andre Smith were 1st round prospects also. The rest of the guys filled out in the 2nd and beyond. Luigs came in as the highest rated C prospect along with Unger in the 2nd-3rd rating. Caldwell, Wood, and Mack were all 3rd round prospects. Pettigrew and Cook were rated as 2nd-3rd round prospects with the other "most mentioned" coming in between the 3rd and 6th. Raji, Jerry, Hood, Brace, and the rest of the DT's didn't even show up as prospects until the 2nd-3rd. The corners were pretty much rated the same way they are now with the order being Davis, Jenkins, Butler, Macho Harris(exception), and Alphonso Smith all spreading out over the first 2 rounds. Patrick Chung came out the highest rated S, but was only a 3rd prospect. Herman Johnson and Duke Robinson were the highest rated OG's with the 2nd round prospect label. That's about all I can remember.

I just found it pretty funny the way the DE's showed up. Most of the others had higher ratings than Ayers except for Barwin and English. I know, I know, but I found it a little interesting. :angry:

I have you rated #1 overall in the "needs to get laid" category.

If you're 30+ and playing video games, consider yourself ahead of the curve.

By the time people my age (24) are in their 30's, a much higher concentration will still be gaming.

By the time people 12 years and younger are in their 30's, video games will be a part of he lives of just about everybody under the age of 60, largely because of how they will have evolved by then.

I've Simmed/Super Simmed my way through six post-2009 seasons now, but made FA signings and trades that weren't necessarily fantastical, but definitely some bold moves. Since my squad has made it to the Super Bowl or the AFC Championship in 4 of those 6 years, I usually draft LATE in the first round, which makes first rounders easy to part with in trades.

I haven't added T.O. to any of the rosters yet.

If you're 30+ and playing video games, consider yourself ahead of the curve.

By the time people my age (24) are in their 30's, a much higher concentration will still be gaming.

By the time people 12 years and younger are in their 30's, video games will be a part of he lives of just about everybody under the age of 60, largely because of how they will have evolved by then.

I've Simmed/Super Simmed my way through six post-2009 seasons now, but made FA signings and trades that weren't necessarily fantastical, but definitely some bold moves. Since my squad has made it to the Super Bowl or the AFC Championship in 4 of those 6 years, I usually draft LATE in the first round, which makes first rounders easy to part with in trades.

I haven't added T.O. to any of the rosters yet.

Check that H20, you may have competition.

I get it, I play a little. That being said, I'm not going to write up a Madden draft prospectus and post it online.

I love this post. It's a reminder to everyone that over half of the first rounders we are all discussing and arguing over are going to be busts in the vein that they'll become average to below average NFLers that should have been never been ranked as first rounders.

It's like we're arguing over funny money. It's so weird when a DE prospect like Maybin is being considered as a top fifteen pick when the guy weighed 230 lbs a few months ago. Especially after OU's Gholston flamed out so badly for the Jets. So in conclusion, I agree with the Madden game and think that Ayers is the much better prospect. :(

I'm well over 30 and still play video games, and yes I get laid. I also target shoot, scuba dive, weight lift, and read extensively. In addition I collect lead soldiers and paint my own. I used to play Avalon Hill games but lately I've drifted away from that.

What's my point?

Bite me if you don't like it.

Im 30 and play video games.

On My Madden I played 1 season, drafted, played another season, drafted, then I finished my NCAA 09 season. I uploaded the seniors into Madden, so in my 3rd Madden season which is 2010, I am scouting the current draft class, which I already played on NCAA. My XBox football universe is like the Lost version. All sorts of time paradox.

The draft class actually came out pretty realistically.

NCAA 09 destroys Madden btw

I'm well over 30 and still play video games, and yes I get laid. I also target shoot, scuba dive, weight lift, and read extensively. In addition I collect lead soldiers and paint my own. I used to play Avalon Hill games but lately I've drifted away from that.

What's my point?

You are truly the Da Vinci of TBD!

Still!? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were 15 when the home-version of Pong was released. Brother, you got in at the ground floor! I love it!

yeah...that sounds about right...also spent a lot of high times at the arcade at the Como Mall...

My son's (16ish) friends are always surprised when they first meet me that I play on the 360. :(

For those who are married how does your wife feel about you playing Madden still? Does she understand?

I live with my girlfriend. We are basically living the married life for all intents and purposes.

She really has no problem with me playing video games. She understands and usually goes into the bedroom to watch TV and/or read/cruise the internet while I am playing. Every once in awhile, I find a game she enjoys and she will play too.

For those who are married how does your wife feel about you playing Madden still? Does she understand?

I've been married for almost 22 years...she doesn't understand but that doesn't matter, it gives her an easy out on gift giving occassions.

Probably the same way wives feel about guys who like model airplanes/train sets/weekly poker games/beer league softball/MESSAGE BOARDS--at the end of the day, they're all boyish things to do.

I've been married for almost 22 years...she doesn't understand but that doesn't matter, it gives her an easy out on gift giving occassions.

I am 46, and still play video games, but wouldn't consider myself a gamer. Ane the above point is so on target. First Christmas morning I spent at my future in-laws house, wife to be gives me a PlayStation. Holy scmoley. mother in law was real impressed with a 34 yr old getting excited about getting a video game. Course that was followed by the Sega "Dreamcast" and then the 360 and lastly the WII all on Christmas.

I'm over 40, have been married almost 10 years, and still like to play games. If my wife gives me any grief about it, I just smack her right in the eye and tell her "Go fix me a turkey pot pie!" Then, I apologize to her later and buy her something nice. Works every time. :(

What's my point?

Avalon Hill, eh? Try this link: Titan

When we first got married I played alot. Now, with 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old boys, I don't have time like I used to. They definitely consume most of that. The wife is very happy about that. My 3 year old was given the PS2. Right at about the age of 2 he actually learned how to play. I came home from work and he was playing "Crash Bandicoot" all by himself and I mean actually moving the guy around completing his objectives. It was amazing to me. Now he plays games on average of about 4-6 hours a day. He wouldn't be happy if he didn't have it. I have my XBox 360 to play when I get time in the evening, when everyone is asleep, if I choose to play. I don't play but maybe once or twice a week. I have other things that take up my time. Speding time with my wife and children, reading, prayer, chruch functions/activities, and music take up most of my time. Oh yeah, and the internet :(

yeah...that sounds about right...also spent a lot of high times at the arcade at the Como Mall...

Ever play Star Castle at the Como mall? Maybe it was the Thruway Mall, my memory decieves me.