A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) Hey man, that was a GREAT play by Whitner when he forced that fumble. The poor bastard is almost always playing so far back that he is out of most plays, but that isn't his fault.

2) Let me get this straight.....defensive holding against a defensve tackle, but no call on a flagrant facemask when Jackson was tackled? Wtf? :wallbash:

3) Nice returns by Jackson notwithstanding, I don't blame Shanahan for kicking away from Leodis. I repeat: this kid has a chance to be an all time great kick returner.

4) Very efficient game from Trent. Hey, he was on the road, in the cold, and playing against a well coached team that truly needed the game. Any complaints? If so, I would love to hear them. :worthy:

5) I hate this f :lol: ing defensive system.

6) A guy the size of Robert Royal shouldn't be running out of bounds after catching a 7 yard pass when 10 yards are needed fo a first down. Did you guys catch that? What a lousy player!

7) On one passing down, Denny hit Cutler just after he threw and Denny actually bounced backwards. I know that Cutler is a big kid, but the dude is a defensive end. :wallbash:

8) Speaking of Cutler, I think that he is a crybaby douche. It was great to beat him, and I hope San Diego does the same. This is the idiot who compared himself to Elway. :wallbash:

9) Lots of problems from the OL today. Call me crazy but I prefer Butler to Dockery. Nothing left to say about Preston; Walker needs to lose 30 pounds, and I am being kind.

10) How about Fred Jackson?!?! The kid took over the game. He was the obvious MVP today. Did you see Marshawn talking to him dring the timeout? That was freaking great. :wallbash: If he is a EFA, this might get a little strange in the offseason.

11) There is no room for arguement....you gotta be impressed with Stevie Johnson. Case closed. Of course, Josh Reed continues to impress. Josh and Trent really have some great chemistry.

12) I know.....I know.....this hurt our draft selection order, especially with San Fran winning. That's OK; a win still feels very good from where I sit.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish to add this:

How many times will these coaches put players in position to fail? Example: three times today we called a toss sweep to Walkers side of the ball and expected him to pull out and make a block in space. He failed all three times. and the play failed all three times. If you want to run plays where the lineman pull, you need to have lineman who are CAPABLE of pulling. Walker is 6-8, 370 lbs, and can only pull a hamstring trying to get outside....

10) How about Fred Jackson?!?! The kid took over the game. He was the obvious MVP today. Did you see Marshawn talking to him dring the timeout? That was freaking great. :lol: If he is a EFA, this might get a little strange in the offseason.

Nothing strange about it. If this franchise doesn't lock Freddie up and build an offensive game plan around him and Lynch then this franchise is as stupid as it gets. We have TWO stud backs and in today's NFL, teams with two great backs are usually great teams.

Bend but don't break....that's actually an ironic term, since there are better chances for it to break than not.

8) Speaking of Cutler, I think that he is a crybaby douche. It was great to beat him, and I hope San Diego does the same. This is the idiot who compared himself to Elway. :worthy:

Not only was it a comparison, but he said he had a stronger arm than Elway. Karma is a b*tch, isn't it Jay?

9) Lots of problems from the OL today. Call me crazy but I prefer Butler to Dockery. Nothing left to say about Preston; Walker needs to lose 30 pounds, and I am being kind.

I honestly don't think it was a coincidence that the running game began to improve when Butler returned.

11) There is no room for arguement....you gotta be impressed with Stevie Johnson. Case closed. Of course, Josh Reed continues to impress. Josh and Trent really have some great chemistry.

I am quite impressed with Steve Johnson. Who was this Hardy fellow everyone spoke of?

12) I know.....I know.....this hurt our draft selection order, especially with San Fran winning. That's OK; a win still feels very good from where I sit.

When we're out of it, I never give a f**k about the draft order. Whatever happens will happen. I prefer that we play spoiler, anyway.

I wish to add this:

How many times will these coaches put players in position to fail? Example: three times today we called a toss sweep to Walkers side of the ball and expected him to pull out and make a block in space. He failed all three times. and the play failed all three times. If you want to run plays where the lineman pull, you need to have lineman who are CAPABLE of pulling. Walker is 6-8, 370 lbs, and can only pull a hamstring trying to get outside....

Funny and true.

My only issue is with #1. Whitner was a goat out there for most of the game. The play where he caused the fumble was not because of his efforts, but because Scott held the player he drilled. It is his fault for the way he plays. He never plays the ball but the player.

He took some bad angles again and I hope we find his replacement in the off-season.

Nicely done, Bill.

Was Trent wearing gloves today? I don't think he was.

I'm not big on this defensive system, either.

Whitner still is far from pre-injury form, IMO, and didn't play a great game. The forced fumble was nice, and that's all some (who usually trash him) will see. They probably think it was a good game for Donte.

Nice effort though, you have to give them that.

Nothing strange about it. If this franchise doesn't lock Freddie up and build an offensive game plan around him and Lynch then this franchise is as stupid as it gets. We have TWO stud backs and in today's NFL, teams with two great backs are usually great teams.

The rare exceptions are teams coached by Jauron.

I wish to add this:

On the late 4th down play, he actually did get outside and then failed to block a soul. As Freddie is getting tackled, Dockery is standing on the sidelines watching. He's terrible.

Bill, I'm genuinely curious. As much as you like Peters, I call bull sh-- on his behavior in the off-season and today as well. He came in late and took a while to get up to speed. He's had some great plays and good games--but also quite a few boneheaded plays. Thoughts? (I am not in favor of running him out of town...just saying I'm not having an easy time liking this kid.)

My only issue is with #1. Whitner was a goat out there for most of the game. The play where he caused the fumble was not because of his efforts, but because Scott held the player he drilled. It is his fault for the way he plays. He never plays the ball but the player.

He took some bad angles again and I hope we find his replacement in the off-season.

Whitner isn't perfect, but he's our best safety by a long shot. If we're replacing a safety its gotta be Ko/Scott.

1) Hey man, that was a GREAT play by Whitner when he forced that fumble. The poor bastard is almost always playing so far back that he is out of most plays, but that isn't his fault.

I'm not demanding he be Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, but I rarely see him do anything outside of make a tackle after a sizable gain. Today's the first time I've seen him force a turnover in a very long time.

Why do they call toss plays to the right side with Walker pulling? It's painfully obvious how his lack of mobility hurts on a play like this. He does need to lose weight. I also watched Dockery get pushed around, especially in short yardage. Neither player seems able to do anything in the run game as long as they remain at their current weight. Then again, they could just be players who aren't good.

He's a more polished route runner, has better hands, and understands the game better than his 2nd round fellow rookie in Hardy. The book isn't closed on JH, but Johnson's progression has been much more rapid. He ought to be ahead of Parrish and Hardy on the depth chart next season.

2) Let me get this straight.....defensive holding against a defensve tackle, but no call on a flagrant facemask when Jackson was tackled? Wtf? :wallbash:

3) Nice returns by Jackson notwithstanding, I don't blame Shanahan for kicking away from Leodis. I repeat: this kid has a chance to be an all time great kick returner.

4) Very efficient game from Trent. Hey, he was on the road, in the cold, and playing against a well coached team that truly needed the game. Any complaints? If so, I would love to hear them. :worthy:

6) A guy the size of Robert Royal shouldn't be running out of bounds after catching a 7 yard pass when 10 yards are needed fo a first down. Did you guys catch that? What a lousy player!

7) On one passing down, Denny hit Cutler just after he threw and Denny actually bounced backwards. I know that Cutler is a big kid, but the dude is a defensive end. :wallbash:

8) Speaking of Cutler, I think that he is a crybaby douche. It was great to beat him, and I hope San Diego does the same. This is the idiot who compared himself to Elway. :wallbash:

10) How about Fred Jackson?!?! The kid took over the game. He was the obvious MVP today. Did you see Marshawn talking to him dring the timeout? That was freaking great. :wallbash: If he is a EFA, this might get a little strange in the offseason.

Nice points. A win feels good doesn't it? I think the O-line once again played above average today. To me, we find a Center, keep Duke as a backup as he is flawed but much improved, and this line can be good. Find a TE and we can have some success more consistently on offense.

2) Let me get this straight.....defensive holding against a defensve tackle, but no call on a flagrant facemask when Jackson was tackled? Wtf? :lol:

Edwards also had his facemask grabbed a few plays before that too.

This win felt more like relief to me than excitement.

Indeed - Go Bills!

Nicely done, Bill.

Was Trent wearing gloves today? I don't think he was.

I'm not big on this defensive system, either.

Whitner still is far from pre-injury form, IMO, and didn't play a great game. The forced fumble was nice, and that's all some (who usually trash him) will see. They probably think it was a good game for Donte.

Nice effort though, you have to give them that.

A very unfortunate win. Anything that helps DJ keep his spot with the team is bad. I was truly unhappy they won. First time in 35 years of following this team I felt that way after a win.

1. Agreed.

2. Agreed, although I should correct you. There were two flagrant facemask calls that were ignored.

3. Word.

4. Trent is so much better than JP people shouldn't be allowed to compare. JP is the worst QB the Bills have had since the 70s. We could never DREAM of JP crapman completing that pass to Jackson. NEVER! Anyone who likes Losman more than Edwards is retarded.

5. The Tampa-2 is old and needs to die.

6.I hate Robert Royal. Nice guy, horrible TE.

7. Missed that. Ugh.

8. Major douche. Immature, too. He lost the game.

9. I think the team missed Peters. They Chambers whiffed on many run blocks, and missed assignments.

10. Fred Jackson should be locked up long-term. Great RB.

11. To continue, is Evans injured? He's been NOWHERE.

12. A win does more for a team than draft position. See Detroit Lions for an example.

13. Word up, dawg.

Not fair imo. Imagine if he played on a team where there was ever a pass rush. Certainy he would make more plays.

I might have been the most critical poster here about drafting him. I still think it was a mistake, but he is a good player.

A very unfortunate win. Anything that helps DJ keep with spot with the team is bad. I was truly unhappy they won. First time in 35 years of follwing this team I felt that way after a win.

Please check your Bills fan card at the door and speaking of the door, don't let it hit your arse on the way out

:lol: