A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

On the late 4th down play, he actually did get outside and then failed to block a soul. As Freddie is getting tackled, Dockery is standing on the sidelines watching. He's terrible.

Bill, I'm genuinely curious. As much as you like Peters, I call bull sh-- on his behavior in the off-season and today as well. He came in late and took a while to get up to speed. He's had some great plays and good games--but also quite a few boneheaded plays. Thoughts? (I am not in favor of running him out of town...just saying I'm not having an easy time liking this kid.)

Interesting how much we didn't miss Peters today. The guy's good, we should extend him, but he needs to get his head on straight.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On Cutler's second TD, Pozlousny wasn't in position to prevent the TD but he was in good position to put a hurt on him. He only put his hands on his back on route to the TD. I'm not saying hurt the guy intentionally but at least do something so the next time, he thinks twice on scoring on a QB sweep.

On defense you have to put fear on the opposing players, specially QBs.

1) Hey man, that was a GREAT play by Whitner when he forced that fumble. The poor bastard is almost always playing so far back that he is out of most plays, but that isn't his fault.

2) Let me get this straight.....defensive holding against a defensve tackle, but no call on a flagrant facemask when Jackson was tackled? Wtf? :wallbash:

3) Nice returns by Jackson notwithstanding, I don't blame Shanahan for kicking away from Leodis. I repeat: this kid has a chance to be an all time great kick returner.

4) Very efficient game from Trent. Hey, he was on the road, in the cold, and playing against a well coached team that truly needed the game. Any complaints? If so, I would love to hear them. :worthy:

5) I hate this f :lol: ing defensive system.

6) A guy the size of Robert Royal shouldn't be running out of bounds after catching a 7 yard pass when 10 yards are needed fo a first down. Did you guys catch that? What a lousy player!

7) On one passing down, Denny hit Cutler just after he threw and Denny actually bounced backwards. I know that Cutler is a big kid, but the dude is a defensive end. :wallbash:

8) Speaking of Cutler, I think that he is a crybaby douche. It was great to beat him, and I hope San Diego does the same. This is the idiot who compared himself to Elway. :wallbash:

9) Lots of problems from the OL today. Call me crazy but I prefer Butler to Dockery. Nothing left to say about Preston; Walker needs to lose 30 pounds, and I am being kind.

10) How about Fred Jackson?!?! The kid took over the game. He was the obvious MVP today. Did you see Marshawn talking to him dring the timeout? That was freaking great. :wallbash: If he is a EFA, this might get a little strange in the offseason.

11) There is no room for arguement....you gotta be impressed with Stevie Johnson. Case closed. Of course, Josh Reed continues to impress. Josh and Trent really have some great chemistry.

12) I know.....I know.....this hurt our draft selection order, especially with San Fran winning. That's OK; a win still feels very good from where I sit.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with every point and want to add that I also hate this freuiucking D scheme. BEst thing we can do in off season is get rid of tampa 2

Interesting how much we didn't miss Peters today. The guy's good, we should extend him, but he needs to get his head on straight.

Well, the Bills only had 3.3 yards per carry today, so that's a pretty big difference from the norm...especially against a fairly week rushing D.

I always enjoy your comments Bill, but i gotta say that WORRYING ABOUT DRAFT ORDER IS FOR LOSERS!

if you have good people scouting and picking you will have good drafts. period. you don't need to demoralize the players or fans any further to draft well.

Whitner isn't perfect, but he's our best safety by a long shot. If we're replacing a safety its gotta be Ko/Scott.

Ko isn't great, but Scott plays better than Whitner. He's around the ball more and he tries to do more in a game. Whitner was only there to cause the fumble because Scott held him up. Whitner was toasted over and over again today and whiffed miserably on some plays.

Whitner has to get replaced. The coaching staff has so little faith in him he's playing deep center field and does nothing out there. Safeties in the Cover 2 do even more than average roles. His only role is to let the guy catch the ball and try to drill them. He's so terrible in the secondary I just feel bad for him.

He's not a good football player but he would make ok depth.

During the holdout, I compared him to a kid brother who drops out of high school. You want to take him out back and beat sense into him. Then give him a hug, buy him a beer, and tell him you love him so he straightens up. That's how I feel about Peters. I want to like him but he often acts like a douche. Not so much that I hate him, but enough that I can't ever really like him either.

In the off-season, he either gets extended for decent but not great money or they trade him. He's not worth breaking the bank and he's not worth another season of attitude.

Ko isn't great, but Scott plays better than Whitner. He's around the ball more and he tries to do more in a game. Whitner was only there to cause the fumble because Scott held him up. Whitner was toasted over and over again today and whiffed miserably on some plays.

Whitner has to get replaced. The coaching staff has so little faith in him he's playing deep center field and does nothing out there. Safeties in the Cover 2 do even more than average roles. His only role is to let the guy catch the ball and try to drill them. He's so terrible in the secondary I just feel bad for him.

He's not a good football player but he would make ok depth.

I definitely don't recall him getting toasted over and over again. I remember multiple plays where guys would make catches in the seams and I'd think, "Why the hell is there nobody within five yards of this guy?" I don't know whether or not you're trying to somehow pin those plays on Whitner...to me, that seems to be a problem with the scheme.

Again, I'm not saying Whitner is perfect, but I think he's a slightly above average starter, making him easily our best safety.

I definitely don't recall him getting toasted over and over again. I remember multiple plays where guys would make catches in the seams and I'd think, "Why the hell is there nobody within five yards of this guy?" I don't know whether or not you're trying to somehow pin those plays on Whitner...to me, that seems to be a problem with the scheme.

Again, I'm not saying Whitner is perfect, but I think he's a slightly above average starter, making him easily our best safety.

There was zone coverage in those situations, and the WR found the seams.

Bill, I'm genuinely curious. As much as you like Peters, I call bull sh-- on his behavior in the off-season and today as well. He came in late and took a while to get up to speed. He's had some great plays and good games--but also quite a few boneheaded plays. Thoughts? (I am not in favor of running him out of town...just saying I'm not having an easy time liking this kid.)

They have to keep him JA. There is no choice. The guy is a tremendous left tackle. Badolbilz raised the issue o moving him to RT, and I want to address this.

Imo, he would be the best RT of my lifetme. That's right.....better than Bob Brown. Better than even Erik Williams. That said, will Dick Levy draft a first round LT to replace him? Hell no! And, if they trade him, will Dick Levy use the pick on a defensive back? Hell yes!

Our best option is to re-sign him at the going rate, which is high. The guy can play, like him or not.

A very unfortunate win. Anything that helps DJ keep his spot with the team is bad. I was truly unhappy they won. First time in 35 years of following this team I felt that way after a win.

"Keepthefaith"....sounds like anything but......