A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

I can totally live with that. I definitely like the incentive package. One of my concerns with a me first player (and he seems to have those tendencies) is that once they get their bug contracts, they suddenly become quite average. Of course, another route is the overall big contract that's heavily back loaded. Players don't seem to like that, and neither do I. But, it seems like an option a lot of teams use.

I think you guys are being overly optimistic about this. The guy just made the probowl for the 2nd year in a row, him & his agent are not going to play on an incentive laden contract. They are going to want top 5 LT money. Think the Dockery deal & add about $10 more million dollars onto it. My guess is expect another holdout this summer.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

peters will want like 9 a year.

i think if we don't sign peters, we will have a solid shot at

1 signing a peppers type guy on D

2 signing a winslow type guy on O

3 keep peters for another season before ultimately trading him anyway.

OR

4 trading him for something BIG.

the problem with LTs is that since your O line doesn't make plays, there isn't that much of a difference in how good your team is with a good LT vs a great LT compared to the cost.

if they think bell will be a stud in his 3rd year, peters will not be re upped, and will be just traded next year.

I'm not understanding how people can really blame much of anything on our safeties. Yes, here and there they have screwed up as a group, but Whitner is nowhere near as bad as some of you think he is. Ed Reed could come to Buffalo and he wouldn't be doing half the amazing sh-- he does in Baltimore. We have ZERO pass rush, and the safeties have to deal with receivers and a quarterback who can pick and choose where they want to tear our stupid zone coverage up, play after play.

Our safeties are better than they appear, and if we can get a solid pass rush I really think you'll change your tune.

And btw, to the person who keeps saying a safety should be playing the ball and not the man, I think you're missing the point of a **safety**.

...The poor bastard is almost always playing so far back that he is out of most plays, but that isn't his fault.

This is mind boggling. He was so far back on one running play that went wide, that even after the RB was tackled 10 yards or so downfield, Whitner was still a good 10 yards away when the play ended.

I think you guys are being overly optimistic about this. The guy just made the probowl for the 2nd year in a row, him & his agent are not going to play on an incentive laden contract. They are going to want top 5 LT money. Think the Dockery deal & add about $10 more million dollars onto it. My guess is expect another holdout this summer.

peters' last contract was done under his old agent, so eugene parker hasn't made a dime off fatboy's hide yet. he will most definitely hold peters out. bank on it.

1) Hey man, that was a GREAT play by Whitner when he forced that fumble. The poor bastard is almost always playing so far back that he is out of most plays, but that isn't his fault.

2) Let me get this straight.....defensive holding against a defensve tackle, but no call on a flagrant facemask when Jackson was tackled? Wtf? <_<

3) Nice returns by Jackson notwithstanding, I don't blame Shanahan for kicking away from Leodis. I repeat: this kid has a chance to be an all time great kick returner.

4) Very efficient game from Trent. Hey, he was on the road, in the cold, and playing against a well coached team that truly needed the game. Any complaints? If so, I would love to hear them. B-)

5) I hate this f :lol: ing defensive system.

6) A guy the size of Robert Royal shouldn't be running out of bounds after catching a 7 yard pass when 10 yards are needed fo a first down. Did you guys catch that? What a lousy player!

7) On one passing down, Denny hit Cutler just after he threw and Denny actually bounced backwards. I know that Cutler is a big kid, but the dude is a defensive end. :wallbash:

8) Speaking of Cutler, I think that he is a crybaby douche. It was great to beat him, and I hope San Diego does the same. This is the idiot who compared himself to Elway. <_<

9) Lots of problems from the OL today. Call me crazy but I prefer Butler to Dockery. Nothing left to say about Preston; Walker needs to lose 30 pounds, and I am being kind.

10) How about Fred Jackson?!?! The kid took over the game. He was the obvious MVP today. Did you see Marshawn talking to him dring the timeout? That was freaking great. 0:) If he is a EFA, this might get a little strange in the offseason.

11) There is no room for arguement....you gotta be impressed with Stevie Johnson. Case closed. Of course, Josh Reed continues to impress. Josh and Trent really have some great chemistry.

12) I know.....I know.....this hurt our draft selection order, especially with San Fran winning. That's OK; a win still feels very good from where I sit.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A win is a win and lord knows we were waaaaaay overdue for something, anything, positive from this team. Thus, I will ignore the fact that all this game showed was that our offense is able to play decently as long as they get to go against a really bad defense. If only we could play Denver and KC every week.