Why I Hate the Pick of JP Losman the most in 2 Words

StupidNation

You might think it's fumbles or interceptions, or pocket-presence. Nope...

Demarcus Ware

And everytime I watch him play I think about how much different our D would look and we wouldn't have over-payed for Kelsay or re-signed Schobel.

Discuss... and this isn't to bash JP, but to see other people's views on how he would've changed our D.

Demarcus Ware

And everytime I watch him play I think about how much different our D would look and we wouldn't have over-payed for Kelsay or re-signed Schobel.

Discuss... and this isn't to bash JP, but to see other people's views on how he would've changed our D.

It's a moot point. Had the Bills kept the pick they gave to Dallas, they would have chosen an undersized receiver, a cornerback, or a safety.

Demarcus Ware wasn't the Bills' pick. Marcus Spears was.

Right.

The other picks the Cowboys received turned out to be:

2nd round pick from the Bills the Cowboys took Julius Jones(RB)

and with the

5th round pick from the Bills the Cowboys took Buffalo native Sean Ryan(TE)

Demarcus Ware

StupidNation living up to the billing of his handle yet again. It was Spears, not Ware. I know other people corrected SN before me, but I just wanted to drive the point home.

Amen to that...the Bills only draft philosophy should be, always take the best big guy over the best little guy....it works over the long haul (with notable exceptions like Big Mike Williams)

Put Ngata next to Stroud and you could have a 45 year old Henry Jones playing SS.

Also, instead of drafting Donte Whitner, we could have drafted Haloti Ngata. Don't get me wrong, I like Whitner but we needed a better impact player at DT. It would of saved the wasted pick on McCargo and the wasted FA pick up of Tripplett.

Right.

The other picks the Cowboys received turned out to be:

2nd round pick from the Bills the Cowboys took Julius Jones(RB)

and with the

5th round pick from the Bills the Cowboys took Buffalo native Sean Ryan(TE)

So they got three players with the picks we sent them that all would have been run out of town by now in Buffalo or declared busts! (unless Sean Ryan got the Pat Keleta treatment)

Demarcus Ware

My two words are JAY CUTLER.

He was out there for us to take, but becuase they had JP, the Bills passed on him.

!@#$.

My two words are JAY CUTLER.

He was out there for us to take, but becuase they had JP, the Bills passed on him.

!@#$.

It would have been stupid to take Cutler atthat point. Obviously, we all know losman sucks now. But there was still debate of how much he sucked. He deserved another year (of course, he proved he sucked). But you don't get the team better by chasing QBs every year. Build around Trent, sign a veteran QB, and draft a QB in the middle rounds.

Also, instead of drafting Donte Whitner, we could have drafted Haloti Ngata. Don't get me wrong, I like Whitner but we needed a better impact player at DT. It would of saved the wasted pick on McCargo and the wasted FA pick up of Tripplett.

Yes, that's right. And instead of 198 other players, all 32 teams had at least 4 chances to draft Tom Brady in 2000. Instead, the following QB's were drafted: Chad Pennington (NYJ), Giovanni Carmazzi (SF), Chris Redman (Bal), Tee Martin (Oak), Marc Bulger (NO), and Spergon Wynn (Cle). The draft is an art, not a science. Nobody gets it right every time. Let it go.

And as to the teams that look like they get it right every time, it's because they have a good coach that knows how to accentuate what players do well. It's not because the players those teams draft are markedly better than everyone else. You can nit-pick any teams' draft with a "you could've had this guy" mentality.

Actually, looking back, I wonder if the Bills may have been interested in Matt Schaub in the 2nd round (he went early in the 3rd to the Falcons) if they hadn't traded up for Losman. Assuming that they didn't draft a QB that year, I suspect that they would have taken a close look at Aaron Rogers with that #20 pick in 2005.

Yes, that's right. And instead of 198 other players, all 32 teams had at least 4 chances to draft Tom Brady in 2000. Instead, the following QB's were drafted: Chad Pennington (NYJ), Giovanni Carmazzi (SF), Chris Redman (Bal), Tee Martin (Oak), Marc Bulger (NO), and Spergon Wynn (Cle). The draft is an art, not a science. Nobody gets it right every time. Let it go.

And as to the teams that look like they get it right every time, it's because they have a good coach that knows how to accentuate what players do well. It's not because the players those teams draft are markedly better than everyone else. You can nit-pick any teams' draft with a "you could've had this guy" mentality.

I think most of us were scratching our heads wondering why we drafted Whitner over Ngata. It was painfully obvious at the time we needed a DT.

And yes, the draft is a crap shoot, nobody is going to get it right all the time. We've had terrible coaches since Levy retired as coach and I doubt that will change as long as Ralph is still the owner.

It would have been stupid to take Cutler atthat point. Obviously, we all know losman sucks now. But there was still debate of how much he sucked. He deserved another year (of course, he proved he sucked). But you don't get the team better by chasing QBs every year. Build around Trent, sign a veteran QB, and draft a QB in the middle rounds.

I think the Falcons, Ravens, Jets and Dolphins would disagree with you there.

Huh? Please point out where either of those teams drafted a QBs in the first round in 3 years, like the Bills would have done with Cutler after drafting Losman.

My point is they all have new qb's this year, with the Falcons and Ravens using first round rookies and all are doing well. So if you have any questions about the qb on your roster and there is a franchise qb there, you take him. The Jets and Fins both had 2nd round qb's on their roster, didn't they?

My point is they all have new qb's this year, with the Falcons and Ravens using first round rookies and all are doing well. So if you have any questions about the qb on your roster and there is a franchise qb there, you take him. The Jets and Fins both had 2nd round qb's on their roster, didn't they?

They had to use them. You don't think if the Ravens subbed Pennington (who was obtained for a 7th round pick), they won't be in the same spot? At the other end of the spectrum, the Titans are using crappy Kerry Collins over a former #3 pick in the draft. The Fins have sucked for years because they chased QBs. And the Jets are an improved team but that has much to do with an improved o-line and defense than it does with Favre.

The Bills will be a better team in 2009 if they draft an impact pass rusher than they would be drafting Sam Bradford.