Peters to the Pro Bowl

Heitz

Really good? He's been absolutely stellar...

What? Me block?

That's like the 3rd or 4th play this year I've seen that Jason Peters is directly responsible for a turnover. He got schooled by a rookie in the Jacksonville game. There was another blindside play where he just got abused I can't think of off the top of my head. And there was this play versus the Jets. How many turnovers and points is Peters responsible for? At least 3 fumbles and 6 points. And that gets you into the Pro Bowl? Ridiculous.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice little situation that puts the Bills in.......

He doesn't warrent a new contract based on his play....but he has the ammo of a 2nd consecutive Pro Bowl in his pocket to defend his hold out next year.

This fuggin team needs an enima

Or, the Bills have ammo to demand a bunch of draft picks for the a-hole.

Stroud shouldn't be voted in. Sorry, but it's a numbers thing. The two starters, Haynesworth and Jenkins, are more than deserving. Instead of Rogers, it should've been Casey Hampton. Either way, there's only 3 spots for DTs.
Honestly, if he had a better lineup around him, he would have. I think he played great this year and lost in the shuffle of this crappy season, is how good of a trade that was. A healthy Schobel, a possible top 10 DE or OLB, and Denney/ Kelsay being a good backup will equal one of the best defenses in football. We're not that far away there.

Good points. He was the only other Bill that I thought even had a shot.

Problem is that PayMe Peters and his dickhead agent - Peckerhead Parker - will site the Pro Bowl selection as grounds for next season's inevitable holdout.

OTOH, it probably does increase FatBoy's trade value.

Peters won't be traded anywhere. :bag:

maybe it's time for you to sit back and reflect upon how great it is to have a Buffalo Bills Left Tackle on the probowl roster. :P:D:P

Ok, a few things on Peters

- the Pro Bowl vote isn't quite the joke it used to be , although it's still not perfect. The fans get a 3rd of the vote as I understand it. They are ranked by number of votes but the players and Coaches votes count as 2/3rds and thus are weighted more heavily. Fans were down on him this year making this all the more impressive.

- Like it/ Believe it or not, Peters dominates his opponents regularly. He had some poor plays during the course of the year, but I'd bet my left nut he graded out pretty stellar overall by the guys who matter, regardless of what many disgruntled Bills fans want to believe.

- When you consider all the factors of current ability, age, technique, and talent I don't think there would be a higher graded tackle in the league. I mean do you guys REALLY watch this guy closely? I'm talking about down to down, not on the sportscenter highlights. Thomas in Cleveland may have better consistent technique but Peters has him and everyone else beat by a mile in raw talent and athletic ability. The guy really does have a chance to be spoken about in the same sentence as guys like Anthony Munoz.

- If/ When Peters ends the holdout games and becomes a better team guy, he will have become a complete All Pro. Until then I completely understand the negativity, I just don't subscribe to it so much.

The next Ruben Brown?

Cmon , not trying to defend his play this year he def. had a set-back but he didn't play all that bad. Hell if you put most off. lineman under the scope as we have put him, they couldn't live up to it. Name another tackle in the AFC that played better or more deserving? It just the pro bowl , now when they name the all-pro team that's more selective.

Aaron Schobel was voted in by his peers last year, with a lot of opposing GM's and coaches talking about how he is the kind of player they have to game plan for. There was actually quite a lot of complimentary things said about Schobel amongst his peers last year and they said it was an easy decision.

Pssssst - I'm supposed to take the word of GM's and coaches over the word of people on this message board who say Schoebel sucks?

I think not my good man, I THINK NOT!

The next Ruben Brown?

Still don't understand why Brown is so abused around here. Guys was a great guard. And don't start about the "constant false start penalties" because I researched it and made a long post proving that he was penalized LESS than the other guys on the team.

Ok, a few things on Peters

- the Pro Bowl vote isn't quite the joke it used to be , although it's still not perfect. The fans get a 3rd of the vote as I understand it. They are ranked by number of votes but the players and Coaches votes count as 2/3rds and thus are weighted more heavily. Fans were down on him this year making this all the more impressive.

- Like it/ Believe it or not, Peters dominates his opponents regularly. He had some poor plays during the course of the year, but I'd bet my left nut he graded out pretty stellar overall by the guys who matter, regardless of what many disgruntled Bills fans want to believe.

- When you consider all the factors of current ability, age, technique, and talent I don't think there would be a higher graded tackle in the league. I mean do you guys REALLY watch this guy closely? I'm talking about down to down, not on the sportscenter highlights. Thomas in Cleveland may have better consistent technique but Peters has him and everyone else beat by a mile in raw talent and athletic ability. The guy really does have a chance to be spoken about in the same sentence as guys like Anthony Munoz.

- If/ When Peters ends the holdout games and becomes a better team guy, he will have become a complete All Pro. Until then I completely understand the negativity, I just don't subscribe to it so much.

You forgot to mention the holiday bonus checks that Peters mailed to opposing coaches and defensive ends.