Jauron Extension confirmed

3 years, money unstated. My head exploded. I cannot believe that they would release that information today. Here's the e-mail I wrote to the ticket office. Some of you won't like it. I don't care. No one important will read it. I don't care.

I just read on ESPN that Dick Jauron signed a 3 year extension to remain on with the team. After today's (and the past several week's) performances I am shocked, and irate with that decision. First of all, following the debacle that has become this season I do not understand how Mr. Jauron is keeping his job at all let along being extended. Secondly, I don't know who in the Public Relations office thought it was a good idea to release that information today given the way the Bills absolutely bumbled away that game but they deserve to be fired (if not publicly flogged).

My family held season's tickets from 1965 to 1995 when we moved out of the area. Since then we have made at least one trip every year back to Buffalo to watch a game. During that time we have all stomached more than our share of poor football. Right now I have half a mind to re-order the season's tickets just so I can call back and tell you all to stick them up your collective asses. To give extensions to the coaching staff of this pathetic excuse for a football team is a slap in the face to every person who cares about Bills football and I assure you this year will be the last year we travel up there.

The common thread for this team since 1960 has been Ralph Wilson. The only hope for this team to succeed is to find new ownership. Unfortunately that will not happen until Mr Wilson sells and he has made it abundantly clear that he will not sell the team until after he dies. Unfortunately, we all know that when that happens the Bills will be bought and moved to Toronto, or LA or somewhere else. Since nothing will change or improve until Mr Wilson dies maybe he should get on with it and put us all out of our collective miseries rather than continue to fleece us out of our money (and love) year after year with false hopes of glory.

Sincerely,

Falstaff_in_Philly"

3 years, money unstated. My head exploded. I cannot believe that they would release that information today. Here's the e-mail I wrote to the ticket office. Some of you won't like it. I don't care. No one important will read it. I don't care.

I just read on ESPN that Dick Jauron signed a 3 year extension to remain on with the team. After today's (and the past several week's) performances I am shocked, and irate with that decision. First of all, following the debacle that has become this season I do not understand how Mr. Jauron is keeping his job at all let along being extended. Secondly, I don't know who in the Public Relations office thought it was a good idea to release that information today given the way the Bills absolutely bumbled away that game but they deserve to be fired (if not publicly flogged).

My family held season's tickets from 1965 to 1995 when we moved out of the area. Since then we have made at least one trip every year back to Buffalo to watch a game. During that time we have all stomached more than our share of poor football. Right now I have half a mind to re-order the season's tickets just so I can call back and tell you all to stick them up your collective asses. To give extensions to the coaching staff of this pathetic excuse for a football team is a slap in the face to every person who cares about Bills football and I assure you this year will be the last year we travel up there.

The common thread for this team since 1960 has been Ralph Wilson. The only hope for this team to succeed is to find new ownership. Unfortunately that will not happen until Mr Wilson sells and he has made it abundantly clear that he will not sell the team until after he dies. Unfortunately, we all know that when that happens the Bills will be bought and moved to Toronto, or LA or somewhere else. Since nothing will change or improve until Mr Wilson dies maybe he should get on with it and put us all out of our collective miseries rather than continue to fleece us out of our money (and love) year after year with false hopes of glory.

Sincerely,

Falstaff_in_Philly"

It was a good post until you brought up suggesting Wilson should just die...what a joke...you put the success of a football team ahead of a human life...one that does a lot for charity and the community. Nice...no wonder other countrys hate our country...look at our priorities...a silly game is more important to you than the life of another human...

This kind of crap makes me sick and embarrassed to be a Bills fan...like everyone else like you who has made such a disgusting request, I hope you are banned...

Yes. "Ralph Wilson should die so (hopefully) a new owner will buy the team, (maybe decide to) keep it in Buffalo, and (unlikely) spend a ton of money on players and coaches, and (then, just with the tiniest bit of luck) I can see my team win games!" Pathetic.

And please STOP with the stupid "Ralph should sell the team now!" He's not going to sell. For the same reasons you'd be a fool to sell an expensive asset if you didn't need to, just before you died: capital gains and then the death tax. The sad thing is that his wife doesn't want the team, because it could pass to her without the inheritance tax being an issue (until she died).

It was a good post until you brought up suggesting Wilson should just die...what a joke...you put the success of a football team ahead of a human life...one that does a lot for charity and the community. Nice...no wonder other countrys hate our country...look at our priorities...a silly game is more important to you than the life of another human...

This kind of crap makes me sick and embarrassed to be a Bills fan...like everyone else like you who has made such a disgusting request, I hope you are banned...

Did anyone notice if there is a buyout in the contract terms or is that information not released? I didn't look closely and haven't heard.

You make it sound like the bills made this decision right after this game. If its true and he did sign the extension, it was offered to him and done around the Bye week when the Bills were 4-1 and leading the division, and looked great.

Still, after 6 games, were they worried that his price would go up if he kept winning? I wonder who made the decision to sign him. Now I know why RW is sarcastic about the Bills' future. If he had just a gleam of insight, he's probably saying "Great, I got another douchebag coach on the level of GW and MM, and mediocre talent....Now I have to eat this contract I signed 2 months ago and am out a bunch of money...." Can RW get DJ on breach of contract - making stupid decisions to lose games?

For me, this is one the saddest days in this team's history...It truly is the setup for the big move...Frontierre did it years ago in Los Angeles (Rams)..When the Rams moved to St. Louis, she claimed people in LA wouldn't buy merchandise (after some pretty pitiful seasons)...I am considering this move by Ralph a ploy to move the club... Thus, knowing people will be less likely to buy season tix, he'll claim the fans won't support this team...

Dear Ralph,

Just f***ing die already.

go f**k yourself and get the hell off this board and go be a Raider fan...you make it an emabarasment to be a Bills fan...

Please ban all these "ralph just die" classless dip sticks from this board...there is no place for it here...

Dear Ralph,

Just f***ing die already.

Really? Really? Wow. That's pathetic. He's a husband and father. At least you have your priorities straight.

The Sabres aren't doing so well this year either. Do you have any Christmas wishes for Tom Golisano? Lindy Ruff? Ryan Miller?

For me, this is one the saddest days in this team's history...It truly is the setup for the big move...Frontierre did it years ago in Los Angeles (Rams)..When the Rams moved to St. Louis, she claimed people in LA wouldn't buy merchandise (after some pretty pitiful seasons)...I am considering this move by Ralph a ploy to move the club... Thus, knowing people will be less likely to buy season tix, he'll claim the fans won't support this team...

Fire him for "cause" like a fellow senile owner, Al Davis

Really? Really? Wow. That's pathetic. He's a husband and father. At least you have your priorities straight.

The Sabres aren't doing so well this year either. Do you have any Christmas wishes for Tom Golisano? Lindy Ruff? Ryan Miller?

So if he wasn't a husband and father it would be alright to wish death(a quick natural one) on him?

Don't bother. I'm banning myself.

Don't bother. I'm banning myself.

Doubt it. Have heard this from lots of posters but they keep coming back. Too bad Mods do not enforce the threats so people would stop holding their breath and stamping their feet.

P.S. Change your title from "All hail Ralph!" to "Changed my colors".

I am depressed on what is happening with the team....

but

i get even more depressed when I see people wishing the bills owner dead......god some people

There's some sick bastards out there. Sad to see some that call themselves Bills fans coming up w this stuff.

Doubt it. Have heard this from lots of posters but they keep coming back. Too bad Mods do not enforce the threats so people would stop holding their breath and stamping their feet.

P.S. Change your title from "All hail Ralph!" to "Changed my colors".

Sent a PM to SDS asking to delete my profile.

Sent a PM to SDS asking to delete my profile.

Yet you're still on here right now... Walk the walk.

Ha ha...he went offline four minutes after I originally posted this.

Edited by scribo

Sincerely,

Falstaff_in_Philly"

I catagorically refuse to watch the Bills next year if Jauron is back as HC.

Im not sure he wishes death on Wilson in the letter. I had to reread it because its not clear. He mentions the possibility of things changing once RW dies/selling of the team or whatever. Than he says that 'he should just get on with it...'. But he isnt talking about death, I think he means he wants RW to get on with selling the team, moving the team, whatever the future holds before he passes away.

Here's the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3769872

Happy holidays to us all.

!@#$!

Lost in all of this "Die Ralph" nonsense is the fact that Jauron signing this extension yesterday is actually true. This may be the most ludicrous, untimely, least deserved contract extension given to an NFL head coach in the history of the entire league IMO. It is plain to nearly EVERYONE that is even remotely familiar with the Bills current situation and season that Dick Jauron is hurting this team much more than he is helping it. Something needs to be done if he remains the Bills Head Coach going into next season, regardless or what happens these last two games. By the way, I don't know what can be done at all, but I'm completely open to any suggestions. We not only have the worst ownership in the NFL, I would go as far as to say we have the worst in all of professional sports. I can't see any other organization in this situation handing this lame duck choke artist a 3 year extension in the middle of a 1-7 slide, with a countless number of more than questionable coaching decisions contributing to it. I'm absolutely sick to my stomach right now, and you all should be too.

I catagorically refuse to watch the Bills next year if Jauron is back as HC.

I hear you. I don't mind a team that loses, so long as they give an honest effort. That includes not only the players and coaching staff, but the front office as well. Otherwise, I wouldn't still be here as a fan of this team. On the other hand, if Dick Jauron returns with a new contract, coming off what looks likely to be a 2-10 finish this season, it is a clear signal to me as a fan that this front office has no interest in winning. I've got better things to do with my time than watch that bullsh**. That doesn't mean that I won't be a fan of this team anymore, but that I can't continue to invest in the garbage product that this front office appears intent upon peddling.

I'm sure someone will call me a fair-weather fan, but I would argue that I did not give up on this team. They're the ones who have given up. I'll gladly come back to this team at such time as they appear interested in winning again, but at this point, that doesn't appear to be the case. I haven't left yet, but I've got one foot out the door. I'm just about done.

I hear you. I don't mind a team that loses, so long as they give an honest effort. That includes not only the players and coaching staff, but the front office as well. Otherwise, I wouldn't still be here as a fan of this team. On the other hand, if Dick Jauron returns with a new contract, coming off what looks likely to be a 2-10 finish this season, it is a clear signal to me as a fan that this front office has no interest in winning. I've got better things to do with my time than watch that bullsh**. That doesn't mean that I won't be a fan of this team anymore, but that I can't continue to invest in the garbage product that this front office appears intent upon peddling.

I'm sure someone will call me a fair-weather fan, but I would argue that I did not give up on this team. They're the ones who have given up. I'll gladly come back to this team at such time as they appear interested in winning again, but at this point, that doesn't appear to be the case. I haven't left yet, but I've got one foot out the door. I'm just about done.

Great point. This is not about being a "fair-weather fan". It is about Ralph Wilson and the rest of the front office kicking the thousands of dedicated fans that continue to support this team right in the ass by signing this clown to an extension. It isn't like people are in disarray and jumping off the wagon of this team because they are bad. Many people, including myself, consider this to be a slap in the face by this front office. Particularly considering the timing of the deal, that is EXACTLY what it is.

These are the same two who stated in October the exentsion was made. Until the BUFFALO BILLS CONFIRM IT IS NOT REAL. :rolleyes:

WTF...it says he signed it this Sunday! If this is true and it wasnt signed yet, Ralph should have taken it OFF the table, not let him sign the dam thing!

For those nice folks who are concern about Mr. Ralph Wilson's health, he is not going to die. He is an immortal. At least he will not die before you die of a heart attack while watching his team lose. He also will not sell the team. He will continue to keep Mr. Dick Jauron as the head coach and continue to have losing seasons (that's the plan). To show your support, Bills fans should continue to buy tickets and fill the stadium every week. Once in a while if you feel frustrated with the team's continue losing, don't stop buying tickets, just come to this board and complain. That's because if you stop buying tickets, Mr. Wilson may have to threaten you with moving his team to Toronto. Then your city will have nothing. Like many Bills fans, Mr. Wilson would not want that to happen. Like he said it himself, he is the biggest Bills fan after all. So lets not do anything irrational.

Mr. Wilson understands that Bills fans are the most loyal fans in the country, so he really care about you and your feelings and all that. With the holiday season around the corner, Mr. Wilson wants to remind you that the best gifts for your love ones are the Bills merchandise. What can cheer up your families and friends more than receiving a Bills jacket on Christmas morning? The easiest way to get them is at www.buffalobills.com. They take credit card, checks, and Paypal.

Also if you would like to send Mr. Wilson cash, please mail it to 1 Bills Drive, Orchard Park NY. Any contribution over $1000, you will receive a Christmas card, personally autographed by Mr. Wilson's signature machine. Have a good day and Go Bills 2009. P.S. Season tickets for 2009 will be onsale soon. With every purchase of the ticket in Toronto next year, you will receive a free bumper sticker. First come first serve.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3769872

Link is also on the main page in the NFL section of espn.com

Your real sources are still phantoms. :rolleyes: And, now we have some sources saying he signed back in October, and some saying he signed yesterday. At least one group of sources are outright liars. I'll still wait to see how Wilson and Brandon handle this garbage before I get carried away with how stupid Wilson was to sign Dick to an extension.

Coaches salaries don't count against the players' salary cap, so even if Ralph eats the entire 3 year deal, (if there is a new signed deal for Dick), it won't be as bad as being stuck with Derek Dockerys' $35 Million left on his contract! (Although I have to give the NFL's biggest fattest line some profs lately, they are opening some running lanes for Beast and Fred, and I'm sure they would love to wave goodbye to Dick and Turk as soon as possible right about now themselves!)