Trent Edwards

My evidence?

1. Media campaign to big him up.

2. Players who face him speak highly of him.

3. Coaches speak highly of him.

To the contrary?

1. Fans won't vote him in.

2. Brett Farve.

Still - the love affair probably means that he'll be going. My money is on him being the #2 guy.

It would be awesome seeing Trent in the Pro Bowl. Obviously we'll have to see if he can keep it up over the remainder of the season but if he continues to perform at his current level he will have an outstanding chance of making it.

ranked FOURTH qb in the stats. And he'll end up higher after the division games.

(plus ive already voted for him a bunch of times)

that's a bit of a vague statement, seeing as there are millions of "stats" one can use to judge a QB.

If we keep winning, He might not just go to Hawaii, but he might be making a case for MVP.

The usual suspects (Manning, Brady) aren't really in the running.

No one is puttng up Gawdy stats at any O position really. No crazy yardage #'s for RB's. Drew Brees has the best QB numbers but not on a great team.

D players are always hard pressed to win MVP.

No one on Tenn, the #1 team so far really merits MVP as it's a team effort there.

So that leads me to think that even with Average numbers Trent could be a serious contender. If he wins 12-13 games, the Bills are a top team headed into the playoffs, and he gets 3000 yards, 16-18 TD's and keeps his INT's under 6. I would bet he's right thyere in the voting like a Steve McNair "Just wins games ands teps up in big moments" type MVP.

the stat they use is QB rating. i shoulda said "on the stats page"

why dont you like the Bills?

i love the bills, and your statement that i replied to was as clear as mud. i was asking for clarification on what stat edwards was fourth in.

Awards aside, if Edwards keeps playing at this level by the start of next season I'll go on record and say Trent is gonna be one rich biotch. BIG money comin folks........NO, it's gonna be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGE Buffalo HUGE!!!

It will be an uphill battle, unless the Bills are a 1 or 2 seed in the AFC playoffs. Let's not forget that this is a popularity contest, and here are 5 guys that would not suprise me if they beat him out.

1. Manning is a shoe-in, even if he continues with his off year, he is still Manning.

2. Favre will get in because of the name and the NYC fan base vote, not because he deserves it.

3. If Rivers keeps on this pace, (despite the effort on Sunday) he will be in.

4. Big Ben - Big name having a good year.

5. Jay Cutler - Gaudy stats - will probably throw for 4500 yds this season and over 30 TDs

It will be hard.

1. Farve

2. Big Ben

3. Rivers

4. Cutler

The only one of those I think has outplayed Trent is Big Ben, but the voting public doesn't see Trent too much.

I disagree.

1. Cutler (will win the public vote)

2. Edwards (wins the players and coaches votes, gets little public support)

3. Roethlisberger (public runner up)

Buffalo swung and missed for alot of years on a QB. With Edwards they hit a home run. His maturity and ability to run the offense are the major reason, imo why the Bills are 5-1. IF he keeps up this pace, he will definitely be in the pro bowl.

The big key in the results produced by this popularity contest will be linked the Bills continuing to win. This happening has these effects:

1. Obviously it helps the bottomline of stats as it means he continues to have performances like the one yesterday.

2. Word will spread among opposing coaches as he becomes the one team's gameplan for week after week.

3. Opposing players who in the end are really just fans will see him featured on Sportscenter more.

4. Many local press folk noted how many national media were in the box yesterday and this will cause a political campaign rivaling electoral battles.

The irony of this all is that the pivotal game in Edwards development as a star may turn out to be the AZ game. For those of us who watch too much the key to this game was actually a putrid performance turned in by the D. However, the general takeaway for the media is gonna be when Trent plays we win like yesterday and when TE does not play we lose like week before last.

If the media covers the NE game with a narrative that this game marks the change of the guard from an injured Brady to the new flavor at QB, Trent then the deal will be done.

My evidence?

To the contrary?

2. Brett Farve.

Still - the love affair probably means that he'll be going. My money is on him being the #2 guy.

The problem is there are "big name" QBs who will likely get in before him. Favre, Cutler, Rivers, Big Ben. Guys who the media loves or who were first round picks and therefore everybody knew their names before they played a down in the NFL. If those guys continue to play well Edwards will be on the outside looking in - even if his play says he deserves to go.

The problem is there are "big name" QBs who will likely get in before him. Favre, Cutler, Rivers, Big Ben. Guys who the media loves or who were first round picks and therefore everybody knew their names before they played a down in the NFL. If those guys continue to play well Edwards will be on the outside looking in - even if his play says he deserves to go.

I agree!

This could the one year where the MVP of the league (if things continue) doesn't make the pro bowl.

Does anyone know if this has ever happened before?

He doesnt have record breaking passing yards or TDs. If the bills win the division and only lose 3 or so games and keeps up his great passing completion and 4th quarter play, he should get in.

though if Favre wins 8 games he is a lock. And Cutler is putting up crazy numbers.

My evidence?

To the contrary?

2. Brett Farve.

Right now there is no QB playing better than Trent. Long season, however.

I don't know, Drew Brees is pretty good. Let's separate our facts from opinions though.

League MVP is not just about having a heck of a passing year....You got to get your team to win too....In my opinion going into week 8, the leading vote goes to Clinton Portis for the work he has done for the washington redskins. He is the main reason why that team is 5-2 and a play away from 6-1. Edwards is a close behind considering what the results was in Arizona without him

brees is putting up better NUMBERS, but he is not LEADING HIS TEAM TO VICTORIES.

and when it comes down to it, winning is everything.

I agree entirely. But that does not mean Trent Edwards is the best quarterback. Drew Brees is not exactly sabotaging his team and losing games single-handedly either. I think his losses are a product of his team's ability being less than ours.

That being said, according to your theory shouldn't Kerry Collins be the best QB?

League MVP is not just about having a heck of a passing year....You got to get your team to win too....In my opinion going into week 8, the leading vote goes to Clinton Portis for the work he has done for the washington redskins. He is the main reason why that team is 5-2 and a play away from 6-1. Edwards is a close behind considering what the results was in Arizona without him

He wasn't talking about League MVP. He was talking about who is the best quarterback.

though if Favre wins 8 games he is a lock.

Especially if he keeps throwing all those end zone picks. Not to mention the long ball he threw up in yesterday's game when the receiver cut off his route. Deangelo Hall makes an over-the-shoulder pick, turns around, and is apparently so happy that he starts hopping and skipping.

Watching Favre reminds me of watching Bledsoe when he started for the Bills. In the beginning, I was like "Woo hoo," and in the middle I was like "Shut up, Patsy trolls. He's inspired here. He's got a chip on his shoulder," and in the end I was like "WTF, Bledsoe? Could you at least PRETEND to feel the pocket collapsing."