Hey NBC..........

Special K

i want to kick oberman and that other toad in the fkcning face and smash barber and costas in the step children with a hammer.

Someone needs to put their politics aside. How anybody can dislike Oberman when he does the highlights I have no idea. I'd say the guy is the best in the buisness at highlights - just like he was 10 years ago with Patrick.

I don't remember anybody bitching about Oberman back then, but now that they know his politics suddenly people hate the guy.

Someone needs to put their politics aside. How anybody can dislike Oberman when he does the highlights I have no idea. I'd say the guy is the best in the buisness at highlights - just like he was 10 years ago with Patrick.

I don't remember anybody bitching about Oberman back then, but now that they know his politics suddenly people hate the guy.

10 years ago, it wasn't an issue.

He made a remark 2 weeks ago when Trent was knocked out...something to the effect of Trent being dazed and saying "I can see Russia from here," an obvious Sarah Palin reference. He has a right to put his ideological filter on his news coverage and analysis...people know what they're getting when they tune into Countdown on MSNBC. But once he started forcing them into a sports broadcast, I lost a bit of respect for him....I don't want him forcing his views into sports coverage any more than I want Al Michaels giving a conservative perspective or any more than i wanted Rush Limbaugh wasting my time on NFL countdown.

Keith Olberman has some of the most solid and lucid political takes on TV. Hating on his sports reporting because of his politics? That classifies one as an idiot (and probably redneck, pro-war Palin supporting fool).

Oh, great game BTW. If we go 2-1 over the next three, talk switches to SB, not just playoffs. What a year.

Anyone know where video of the game will be availabe (if at all?). I haven't missed watching a down since 1987 when I was 13 yrs old and it just feels wrong. I can't relate to any of the stats because I only got to see about 45% of the game. Talk about frustration!

i don't care about his politics, he is a crappy snooty melon head and his comments are just little weenie asides. he has no business doing what berman did so so so much better for so long.

he's not the best in the business, he's garbage.

i don't care about his politics, he is a crappy snooty melon head and his comments are just little weenie asides. he has no business doing what berman did so so so much better for so long.

he's not the best in the business, he's garbage.

When did this thread become about Kenny Mayne? :censored:

It's true that Olberman is an obnoxious ass, but he does an ok job on the highlights. I just wish he would just call the highlights and stop trying to be funny during the highlights.

Of course I wish all the sports broadcasters would drop the stupid jokes and just deliver the news.

Although I do love Chris Berman when he does the highlights, but he's more fun and not trying to go out of his way to make a punchline. Also he's a real football fan. Oh how I miss the old days of NFL Primetime. :censored:

I like the highlight show on NFL Network, they do a great job of showing the highlights. But Rich Eisen is no Chris Berman, and NFL Network does not have the awesome NFL Primetime music, that ESPN still plays during the Berman highlights on SportsCenter.

Yeah but you can make exceptions for the Pol Pots,The Hitlers,the Stalins,and the Olbermans.

You forgot George W. Bush in that list.

I'll stop the politics here, but to me, peering under a banquet table in joking search of chemical weapons is not a laughing matter when that "joke" cost 4,000 American lives.

I like most of the NBC guys. However I can't think of anything in the world I care less about than what Tikki Barber thinks.

...Marshall Faulk thinks. Before the game, Faulk picked against the Bills again (surprise, surprise) and his reasoning was "their quarterback thinks he's Batman." Great analysis, dumbass. Yeah, that concussion caused Trent Edwards to misfire on a whole five of thirty passes. Why the fug these networks continue to hire ex-jocks who can't formulate an analysis and back it up with sound reasoning is beyond me. You want to pick against the Bills? Fine by me. But lay it out for me with a well-thought response...not a flippant, childish remark with absolutely no basis. Ugh.

Olberman has been an a-hole since he was at ESPN. When he left, he said "The best thing about ESPN was seeing Bristol in the rear view mirror." I lived about 1500 feet from ESPN for several years. It is your average suburb. Olberman can't drive because he has no depth perception and couldn't stand Bristol, CT, because, like any suburb, it isn't much fun if you can't drive. When he left, he acted like he was better than everybody else there. I haven't liked him since he left ESPN, long before he started spouting his political bile.

Anyone know where video of the game will be availabe (if at all?). I haven't missed watching a down since 1987 when I was 13 yrs old and it just feels wrong. I can't relate to any of the stats because I only got to see about 45% of the game. Talk about frustration!

NFL Network will probably air it, since they were recording.

DirecTV also has a "Shortcuts" program where they cut each game down to 30 minutes -- every play, just without the filler in between.

NFL Network will probably air it, since they were recording.

DirecTV also has a "Shortcuts" program where they cut each game down to 30 minutes -- every play, just without the filler in between.

I just watched DirecTV's "Shortcuts" of the Bills/Chargers. It was missing all the video from the power outage. It just had a note saying something about the power outage causing footage to be missing. I was pretty dissapointed.

Great game though! Trent is the real deal! :angry:

Tell John Madden to take the rest of the year off. I know I'm stating the obvious, but the Michaels/Collinsworth combo is much easier to listen to...even though the game is a real stinker.

I've always liked Collinsworth and Esiason as color guys or breaking down "tape". They rank up there with Jaws.

Keith Olberman has some of the most solid and lucid political takes on TV. Hating on his sports reporting because of his politics? That classifies one as an idiot (and probably redneck, pro-war Palin supporting fool).

Oh, great game BTW. If we go 2-1 over the next three, talk switches to SB, not just playoffs. What a year.

You forgot the 25 in your username.

I just watched DirecTV's "Shortcuts" of the Bills/Chargers. It was missing all the video from the power outage. It just had a note saying something about the power outage causing footage to be missing. I was pretty dissapointed.

Great game though! Trent is the real deal! :angry:

Really? Wow, surprising since they showed some video from the power outages on the broadcast yesterday. Just assumed they were recording everything, but I guess not. :thumbsup:

Really? Wow, surprising since they showed some video from the power outages on the broadcast yesterday. Just assumed they were recording everything, but I guess not. :angry:

It was recorded. Other stations didn't get the footage though as they weren't able to record the live CBS feed. I'm sure they'll all get it eventually.

Keith Olbermann went to college at Cornell. While there, he was a member of the radio station WVBR. On WVBR he invented and hosted a show called Sports Roundup. The show is still around today and I am the current host of it. As part of a campaign to run for sports director at the station next year, I thought a good initiative would be to get in contact with Mr. Olbermann and try to convince him to do a phone-in interview on the show. (WVBR keeps good tabs on all its alumni so finding him wasn't so hard) After a grueling process of having a multitude of conversations with his underlings because apparently he just doesn't like answering phones, I convinced them to put me on with Olbermann himself. This is how the conversation went.

Me: Hello Mr. Olbermann, my name is Jay Sage and I'm with WVBR sports. I host Sports Roundup and I was wondering if you could take some time out of your schedule for a short phone interview. The show is Sundays at 7.

Keith: I'm going to stop you right there. I bailed you as*holes in 97 with the understanding you wouldn't bother me anymore. If your general manager had you call me, he can go to hell.

Then he hung up. What he was referring to was a large donation he gave in 1997 which bailed the station out of some hard financial times.

I couldn't believe how much of a complete dick he was to me. It seems Keith has forgotten his roots. ESPN and (to some extent) WVBR made him what he is, and now he is a pure and unadulterated as*hole to both. He can go to hell.