Gonzalez Report

BillsVet

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would add: who knows that any draft pick really can catch up to the speed of the NFL game? can deal with the distractions of being a professional player on an NFL team? will continue to work hard even though he is making multiple millions to play a game he used to play for free? etc.

Another reason why this acquisition makes so much sense for our team. How better for one of our current or to-be-drafted tight ends to learn the position at this level than from observing one of the best at it? Almost like getting a coach and a HOF player in one.

BTW, can anyone photoshop THIS, substituting a Bills throwback? :thumbsup:

Okay, here's who The Bills drafted with their 3rd and 6th round picks (when they had one) since 2000 for those interested in discussing the relative "value" of TG vis-à-vis The Draft. There doesn't seem to be too many impact players - especially at the TE position that have come our way at those draft spots.

Excepting Trent in '07 which of these stalwarts couldn't you live with? As in all things - past performance is not a guarantee of future rewards, but you get a flavor of the quality of player that we've been picking up with our 3rd and 6th picks. TG could be quite a good pickup and is someone who would fill a need position and be able to contribute almost immediately.

3rd - Chris Ellis - DE

6th - Xavier Omon - RB

3rd - Trent Edwards - QB

6th - John Wendling - DB

3rd - Ashton Youboty - CB

6th - Keith Ellison - OLB

3rd - Kevin Everett - TE

6th - Justin Geisinger - G

3rd - Tim Anderson - DT

6th - (none - Dylan McFarland - T taken in the 7th)

3rd - Angelo Crowell - LB

6th - Lauvale Sape - DT

3rd - Coy Wire - SS

6th - Kevin Thomas - CB

3rd - Ron Edwards - DT

6th - Tony Driver - DB; Dan O'Leary - TE; Jimmy Williams - CB

3rd - Corey Moore - OLB

6th - Leif Larsen - DT

I know this is going to sound a bit stupid, but here is Tony's e-mail address: fanmail@tonygonzalez88.com

If you want him in Buffalo blue, it might help if a lot of us drop him a line saying so.

The most widely distributed reports right now say TG wants to be a Giant and that the Chiefs' ownership wants Tony to be happy. So, I think it just might make a trade to the Bills more plausible if he suddenly received a few thousand e-mails from Bills fans. Remember how much Takeo said us Bills fans cheering for him when he was a Bengal meant.

I'd feel a lot better about giving up a 3rd and a 6th if Tom Donahoe was still running things around here.

:thumbsup::wallbash:

If you remove the dates, it is still not hard to tell when that started.

Even so, I would still like to have TG here for that price.

!@#$, we're doomed!!! :thumbsup::wallbash: You didn't write him a ditty did you?

Why, I certainly did! And it's a good thing too, because we need number 88 to suit up this Sunday! It went a little something like this:

Take me out to the ball game...

Take me out to the crowd...

Trent will throw screens and square in routes...

If we get down we can always come back!

Root! Root! Root! for Gonzalez...

If we don't trade it's a shame!

For it's 1... 2... 3 TD tosses from Trent to ole TG!

Michael Lombardi, former NFL GM and current writer for SI and The National Football Post-

wrote the following in the Post this morning about the Gonzalez situation

I was on NFL Network last night and talked about this situation. I know that Tony wants out of KC badly and he is not buying the sales pitch coming from Herman Edwards right now. But the Chiefs are a very hard team to deal with and President Carl Peterson is not going to give Tony away. If Gonzalez is not traded, he will have a miserable year, and he will surely demand a trade this off season as this situation in KC is not going to be turned around in the next 18 months. Now, where can Tony go? New York views him as a luxury item and seems to be more interested in gaining defensive line help than a tight end. The Bills are a viable team. He would really add and enhance their offense and Buffalo is trying very hard to acquire Gonzalez. But what is the price? Chris Chambers went for a two this time last year. Jeremy Shockey went for a 2 and 5 this summer. So, I don’t see Petersen taking less that a two for Gonzalez and feel like he is asking for a first rounder. If he was asking for just a third round pick, the deal would have been made. Unless agent Tom Condon and Tony really pressure Carl Petersen to make a trade today, then I don’t think he will be moved.

Peterson is STUBBORN. It's a good quality for a GM, but it can backfire bigtime. See: 2008 Chiefs. Who do you think made the decision to go into the season with Croyle, Huard and Thigpen at QB? The same guy the Bills are trying to strike a reasonable bargain with. Yikes.

Peterson is doing a great job in KC, he should be picking in the top 5. Take the picks and try to build a team, you have nothing right now.

My email to Tony...

Hey Tony

Big time Bills fan here. Please accept the trade to the Bills. We are the 2nd youngest team in the league, sit at 4-1 right now, with a pretty easy schedule to get to 11-5. We're building a dominant team, with huge fan support.

Check out this link from when we beat the Raiders...remember this is one of three Bills bars in New York City. Our fans are loud, proud and ready to roll out the red carpet for you.

Lets go win that Super Bowl together!!!