Gonzalez Report

BillsVet

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants blog:

If he were to be traded, would he become a major player in the offense? Is Kevin Boss fulfilling any expectations at this point?

TG would be a complementary piece, no question. The Giants are very traditional in their thinking about the tight end, anway, which is one of the things that grated on Jeremy Shockey. They have 5 wideouts they throw the ball to consistently, and Kevin Boss has only 5 receptions. That's not because he is terrible, it's because the Giants have incredible depth at wide receiver. I could see Gonzalez catching more balls than Boss, but the Giants are not re-structuring the offense for him. He will have to take what comes. Boss has been fine, by the way. His blocking has been better than expected, and he has caught what has been thrown to him.

TG would see the ball about 20 times a year for the NYG, using Boss's average. Does that make sense for them to have that much tied up in 1 position with Boss there??

Not in my opinion.

:(

And then...

Submitted by The_Truth on October 13, 2008 - 2:04pm.

...Jared took another swig from his bottle of brew with a chaser while the "18 year old" dancer entertained him as he handed over $20 bills...and everything was right in the world.

Jared further commented:

"We really demolished Detroit 12-10 and they are a better team then their record shows"

"Maybe if Tony comes up,we can all get together on a house boat we have here in Minnesota like we did the night before the game." "The defensive guys here really know how to party".

Tony G. again did not respond although he was thinking to himself that it must be a conincidence that the beverage stock was rising at Boulevard Brewery since Jared left. A foreshadow of things to come in K.C.'s bleak sports and adult beverage economy. No fans left to drink the new Kool-Aid brew.

Tony read the text again and thought to himself..."we weren't that tight" and promptly deleted the text as he rushed to meet his rep for a conference call with the Buffalo Bills.

http://overthetop.kansascity.com/?q=node/519

Enough of the Lies...

Um, it's GREAT news.

I got worried at first because they said the tight end sweepstakes continue and a NY team has pulled in front, just not the one you were thinking. Being that it is NYC radio I thought they were going to say the Jets, but they said the Bills were the front runners according to one of the NFL reporters (I forget his name, sorry). Can't wait until tomorrow. I think he WILL be traded, just a matter of where. He requested a trade and I think the Chiefs will honor his request after what he has done for them

Just heard on ESPN radio in NYC that the Giants won't be getting into a bidding war for TG, and that the Buffalo Bills are now the front-runners to get him. Take it for what it's worth, but it's definitely not bad news

*Crosses fingers*

please please please please please please.

I don't want to get my hopes up in case this doesn't work out in our favor, but man, how cool would that be if we ended up with one of the better tight ends in the league?

Now if we could only magically land a real Center, our offense would be set.

*Crosses fingers*

please please please please please please.

I don't want to get my hopes up in case this doesn't work out in our favor, but man, how cool would that be if we ended up with one of the better tight ends in the league?

Now if we could only magically land a real Center, our offense would be set.

Let's get TG first.

Let's get TG first.

No kidding. I hope you understood the context of my post.

I'm not pretending this is a done deal, in fact I think it's far from that. Rumors this good generally don't work out for the Bills and their fans.

That being said, I'm still holding out hope that we pull the trigger and land TG.

As much good as TG might do for this team, losing Freddie Jackson in any trade would actually put us at a loss. Freddie does a lot of things that help make this offense go, and losing him would be a huge hit to Trent and the team. Jackson should not even be considered in a trade, and in fact, his contract should be renegotiated by the end of the season to ensure that he stays here for a long time.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself. I expect the chiefs to be crazy stubborn, but man o man would that be a giant shot in the arm for our entire team and Trents progression

Yes, he would be a shot in the arm, but let's remember there's a reason he's being traded. Jackson provides more dynamics and future upside to this offense that TG ever could at this stage in his career. I say go for him, but keep it strictly draft pick only -- and no more than a 3rd rounder.

Yes, he would be a shot in the arm, but let's remember there's a reason he's being traded. Jackson provides more dynamics and future upside to this offense that TG ever could at this stage in his career. I say go for him, but keep it strictly draft pick only -- and no more than a 3rd rounder.

I completely agree, though I might be willing to give up a second rounder if that were required. We likely would use that pick on a TE next year anyway, as that is clearly a position of need. Better to get a proven commodity with three or four years left than worry about grooming a new young unproven player.