Dont trade him, dont release him, and dont pay him

Bring in Willie Anderson for insurance....and lets get the season rolling.....

FU Peters

Rams | Team in contact with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:55:27 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the St. Louis Rams have been in contact with free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals).

Giants | Team in contact with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:53:37 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the New York Giants have been in contact with free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals).

Ravens | Team scheduled to meet with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:52:57 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals) was scheduled to meet with the Baltimore Ravens Tuesday, Sept. 2.

Rams | Team in contact with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:55:27 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the St. Louis Rams have been in contact with free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals).

Giants | Team in contact with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:53:37 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the New York Giants have been in contact with free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals).

Ravens | Team scheduled to meet with Anderson

Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:52:57 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports free-agent OT Willie Anderson (Bengals) was scheduled to meet with the Baltimore Ravens Tuesday, Sept. 2.

Anderson will get a very nice contract. Watch and see.

I wouldn't trade him, release him, or do anything. I'd let him rot for the next three years, collecting his game checks. There's no way he'd sit that long, he'd be in debt. Its not a distraction if you don't talk about it to the media, imo.

My sentiments exactly! Let him be stupid enough to piss away long term millions and a pro career only because he and his agent became greedy. These tards somehow have forgotten that they would get a bigger deal next year as opposed to right now! :D

If Peters reports just before week 10, the Bills will have to either release him or pay him. And this season will count for his contract.

Even with the fines, Peters can report on week 10 and still make $700,000, and still be a free agent in 2011.

If Peters reports just before week 10, the Bills will have to either release him or pay him. And this season will count for his contract.

Even with the fines, Peters can report on week 10 and still make $700,000, and still be a free agent in 2011.

Reportedly he's being fined $15K a day for holding-out. By week 10, he'll owe his last 6 games checks in fines, plus the Bills will have taken away $1.5M in signing bonus.

Reportedly he's being fined $15K a day for holding-out. By week 10, he'll owe his last 6 games checks in fines, plus the Bills will have taken away $1.5M in signing bonus.

The 15k per day fine ends once he starts missing gamechecks. It will take Peters less than 3 weeks to pay those fines. Then he still has the other 4 checks. (The Bills' bye week would be one of the games Peters misses by waiting until the 10th week so there would be 7 weeks left)

I do not think the Bills can recoup the signing bonus if Peters reports prior to week 10, but I have not finished my study of the new CBA. <_<

Even if they could go after the signing bonus, he signed a 5-year deal with a 3 mil signing bonus. That means the team could only go after $600k per year.

If the Bills can go after Peters' signing bonus, Peters could report week 10 and make about 100K this year. Looks small compaired to what he could make if he shows up on Friday, but it should be enough to keep him fed for a few months.

The 15k per day fine ends once he starts missing gamechecks. It will take Peters less than 3 weeks to pay those fines. Then he still has the other 4 checks. (The Bills' bye week would be one of the games Peters misses by waiting until the 10th week so there would be 7 weeks left)

I do not think the Bills can recoup the signing bonus if Peters reports prior to week 10, but I have not finished my study of the new CBA. :unsure:

Even if they could go after the signing bonus, he signed a 5-year deal with a 3 mil signing bonus. That means the team could only go after $600k per year.

If the Bills can go after Peters' signing bonus, Peters could report week 10 and make about 100K this year. Looks small compaired to what he could make if he shows up on Friday, but it should be enough to keep him fed for a few months.

Actually, it'll take a bit more than 3 weeks - 43 days x $15K, + roughly $8500 for missing OTAs would put Peters into Ralph for about $653K - his weekly game check is 'only' about $191K. Then, if they withhold for the signing bonus, which the Eagles successfully did with Terrell Owens, well, there goes another 3 game checks - actually slightly more. That takes care of the 7 game checks.

So yes, you are correct - Peters could report for week 10 and play out the season, but he'd earn next to nothing. He will, in essence, have forfeited roughly $3.25M and probably any chance for a new deal.

Smart guy, that Jason Peters. <_<

Actually, it'll take a bit more than 3 weeks - 43 days x $15K, + roughly $8500 for missing OTAs would put Peters into Ralph for about $653K - his weekly game check is 'only' about $191K. Then, if they withhold for the signing bonus, which the Eagles successfully did with Terrell Owens, well, there goes another 3 game checks - actually slightly more. That takes care of the 7 game checks.

So yes, you are correct - Peters could report for week 10 and play out the season, but he'd earn next to nothing. He will, in essence, have forfeited roughly $3.25M and probably any chance for a new deal.

I didn't add in the OTAs. That does eliminate the other 100K.

The Eagles kicked Owens off the team for a series of infractions.

I think holdouts are delt with in a different section of the CBA and have a few more protections for the player. I'm sure Eugene Parker could tell you all of the ins and outs. :unsure:

Let's also not forget that he forfeits the incentive bonus that he would have otherwised earned for taking the requsite number of snaps during the season, and meanwhile, he ain't playin' and therefore he ain't impressin' anyone when it comes to making his case for a huge new contract for next year.

Count me in the let him rot camp! I agree with Badobilz, the team needs to take this stand and let him (and his hold-out lovin' agent) figure out for himself that he is not the one holding the cards. They also need to resist the temptation to trade him, as that is just as good for him as a new contract.

And if he waits to show up until the tenth game, they should put his ass on special teams for the rest of the season!

Ooops - almost forgot, even though he wouldn't see a penny of it, he'd still be liable to the IRS and NYS for federal & state income taxes on the $1.4 million in income that the Bills garnished for his fines and signing bonus.

Looking smarter all the time, Jason. :unsure:

Come on now Senator. Peters is probably incorperated. The money for fines would come out as pre-tax business expenses.

EDIT: It's almost 11pm and I'm arguing about income taxes. This is ridiculous. <_<

Come on now Senator. Peters is probably incorperated. The money for fines would come out as pre-tax business expenses.

Not a chance. Just like my getting a speeding ticket on the way to a business meeting isn't deductible, nor are his fines.

It's earned income, and taxed as such. I'm sure you know this - IRS always 'gets theirs'. <_<

Not a chance. Just like my getting a speeding ticket on the way to a business meeting isn't deductible, nor are his fines.

It's earned income, and taxed as such. I'm sure you know this - IRS always 'gets theirs'. :unsure:

You, as an individual, cannot deduct a speeding/parking ticket as a business expense.

What I do is have my company pay the ticket, they account for it as a business expense.

It's more like a corporation being fined, the fine just becomes part of the cost of doing business.

The IRS always 'gets theirs' from the little guys, but somehow the ones making the millions seem to do better than the rest. <_<

EDIT: wait ... a Senator doesn't get speeding tickets. Does this mean you are not a real Senator? Are you allowed to offer misleading information on the internet?

You, as an individual, cannot deduct a speeding/parking ticket as a business expense.

What I do is have my company pay the ticket, they account for it as a business expense.

It's more like a corporation being fined, the fine just becomes part of the cost of doing business.

The IRS always 'gets theirs' from the little guys, but somehow the ones making the millions seem to do better than the rest. <_<

EDIT: wait ... a Senator doesn't get speeding tickets. Does this mean you are not a real Senator? Are you allowed to offer misleading information on the internet?

Good deal - I was never able to get management to sign off on my speeding tix.

As for Senatorial priviledge, I admit it does seem impossbile to ever use it up...

Link - YTK

Bring in Willie Anderson for insurance....and lets get the season rolling.....

FU Peters

The season is on with the players we have on our roster and they will do just fine. Posters think that this impass is about our former LT and his agent. Actually it's not about that at all.

The Bills and Wilson are standing ground on the most important items in any business. The ability to Predict your costs and revenues. No business can suceed without doing that. Some selfish agents and players have introduced chaos

into the mix. To follow that path will eventually doom the entire league.

The Bills are on a crusade to stand up to those players and agents. If it does not work the first casualties will be the small market teams like the Buffalo Bills.

Ralph and Brandon are taking a stand to give cities like Buffalo a chance to save our Bills.

The sooner we forget about the LT that played here briefly the better off we will be.

THE TRAIN HAS LEFT THE STATION! GAME ON!

The season is on with the players we have on our roster and they will do just fine. Posters think that this impass is about our former LT and his agent. Actually it's not about that at all.

The Bills and Wilson are standing ground on the most important items in any business. The ability to Predict your costs and revenues. No business can suceed without doing that. Some selfish agents and players have introduced chaos

The Bills are on a crusade to stand up to those players and agents. If it does not work the first casualties will be the small market teams like the Buffalo Bills.

Ralph and Brandon are taking a stand to give cities like Buffalo a chance to save our Bills.

The sooner we forget about the LT that played here briefly the better off we will be.

Bravo man.

GO BILLS!!

Smart guy, that Jason Peters. :angry:

say jason reports week 10.can the bills demand he take a physical?after the physical then put jason on injured reserve?if the bills are allowed to ir him does jason get credit for the season still?if the answer to those questions are peters gets credit if on ir.......can the bills suspend him from week 10 on and not let him get his season credit?.............it seems totally unfair that a player could show up week 10 and get credit for the season(towards credit for unrestricted free agency).it would be like me blowing off work monday through wednesday and showing up on thursday and getting paid for the week.if peters did show up week 10 i doubt he would be in football shape,plus he would never had a copy of the playbooks...............go bills and rot in hell peters!

You know what this whole thing reminds me of - the Canadian leaders from that South Park episode where they go on strike/hold out for more money. They figure if they cave in/compromise, they'd show themselves as weak. So they never do. In the end, after losing most everything they got Bennigan's coupons for all their hard work. And guess what, now they're all closed :angry:

You're not my friend, buddy!

say jason reports week 10.can the bills demand he take a physical?after the physical then put jason on injured reserve?if the bills are allowed to ir him does jason get credit for the season still?if the answer to those questions are peters gets credit if on ir.......can the bills suspend him from week 10 on and not let him get his season credit?.............it seems totally unfair that a player could show up week 10 and get credit for the season(towards credit for unrestricted free agency).it would be like me blowing off work monday through wednesday and showing up on thursday and getting paid for the week.if peters did show up week 10 i doubt he would be in football shape,plus he would never had a copy of the playbooks...............go bills and rot in hell peters!

Dunno. Seems unfair to the Bills players, fans, and organization that he could pull that kinda crap. How do you take away the starting job from Langston Walker, just because Peters decides he's gonna show up in November to collect a few game checks and get credit for the season? (Actually, there'll be no game checks - they'll all be withheld for fines and the signing bonus from the contract he breached.)

My guess is that, if he's not here 'til week 10, he'd never have passed a physical to begin with and could end up on IR/PUP. Or, team could make him play himself into shape on special teams. Or, one of the many teammates he's screwed over could 'pull a Troy Vincent' and make sure Peters ends up on IR. :wallbash:

Any way you slice it, he's not getting any new deal this season and has probably screwed himself out of one next season as well.

But hey, who cares? !@#$ Jason Peters...we got a game Sunday....

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :angry:

So would have Peters...next year.

Why?

He would still have 2 years left on his current contract, why would the team do something they don't have to next year anymore than they have to this year?

He should get paid what he is worth, now.

I wouldn't trade him, release him, or do anything. I'd let him rot for the next three years, collecting his game checks. There's no way he'd sit that long, he'd be in debt. Its not a distraction if you don't talk about it to the media, imo.

Great strategy if you want to lose football games. Me, rather than indulge in a hissy fit of spite, I'd get him on the field or I'd trade him for a raft of picks. Your strategy would pretty much guarantee that no free agent of any quality would ever sign with us again.

Of course, if it were me, we wouldn't be having this discussion because Peters would have been extended the day after he was named to the pro bowl. Our best lineman would be on the field after a full camp ready to make another pro bowl. So much more fun spinning wheels wondering how we could screw him over and maybe dig up a stiff to replace him "for insurance". God forbid you take the money you would willingly waste on "insurance" and use it to sign the most promising lineman on the team since Will Woolford.

Great strategy if you want to lose football games. Me, rather than indulge in a hissy fit of spite, I'd get him on the field or I'd trade him for a raft of picks. Your strategy would pretty much guarantee that no free agent of any quality would ever sign with us again.

Of course, if it were me, we wouldn't be having this discussion because Peters would have been extended the day after he was named to the pro bowl. Our best lineman would be on the field after a full camp ready to make another pro bowl. So much more fun spinning wheels wondering how we could screw him over and maybe dig up a stiff to replace him "for insurance". God forbid you take the money you would willingly waste on "insurance" and use it to sign the most promising lineman on the team since Will Woolford.

Give it up. Not gonna happen. Peters will sit, earn nothing, or come crawling back. There'll be no trade, no new deal. Might have even screwed himself out of ever getting a new deal 'til he becomes a free agent, even though the Bills have always been inclined to reward performance, hard work, and loyalty.

You don't like the idea - we all get that. Not gonna change anything. Peters sits. His choice, his stupidity.

Looking forward to seeing Langston Walker and the entire team 'lite it up' against the Seahawks on Sunday....

GO BILLSSS!!!!

My guess is that Parker is telling Peters to wait a couple games into the season to see how bad the o-line struggles and that will give him leverage for contract negotiations. That is absolutely the only card they have. The only problem is that 1, the O-line may not struggle - which is unlikely and 2, even if the o-line does struggle, Brandon is not going to cave. He sees the big picture. When is it finally going to sink into Peters that the Bills are serious and if he wants a career he better show up now.

My guess is that Parker is telling Peters to wait a couple games into the season to see how bad the o-line struggles and that will give him leverage for contract negotiations. That is absolutely the only card they have. The only problem is that 1, the O-line may not struggle - which is unlikely and 2, even if the o-line does struggle, Brandon is not going to cave. He sees the big picture. When is it finally going to sink into Peters that the Bills are serious and if he wants a career he better show up now.

My guess is Peters is done as an NFL player, and may well wind up in prison for pummeling the piss outa Parker! :angry:

I'm sick of this garbage, Peters is a moron for not reporting and even when he reports I will not be a fan, just as I am not a fan of Mickey, AKA Mrs. Peters. If and when Peters reports he will do so without the benefit of being in shape, having a working knowledge of our new offense, or time to establish a better bond with his linemates at a position where you rely on the guy next to you in order to do your job. Lee Evans could stand to make more cash, but he reported and did his job. Newsflash, when you sabotage your own success by not practicing, you also decrease your market value. Let's see Peters make a Pro Bowl this year without the benefit of the offseason. Let him sit his @ss down at home and rot for the next 3 years. I'm sure tons of teams will look forward to signing a me-first player who has dissed his team and sat out for a season.

I'm sick of this garbage, Peters is a moron for not reporting and even when he reports I will not be a fan, just as I am not a fan of Mickey, AKA Mrs. Peters. If and when Peters reports he will do so without the benefit of being in shape, having a working knowledge of our new offense, or time to establish a better bond with his linemates at a position where you rely on the guy next to you in order to do your job. Lee Evans could stand to make more cash, but he reported and did his job. Newsflash, when you sabotage your own success by not practicing, you also decrease your market value. Let's see Peters make a Pro Bowl this year without the benefit of the offseason. Let him sit his @ss down at home and rot for the next 3 years. I'm sure tons of teams will look forward to signing a me-first player who has dissed his team and sat out for a season.

Ditto, ND, ditto. Let's see him make the pro bowl w/out any votes from the coaches, players, or fans.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, Jason - and an NFL career is an incredibly expensive thing to waste.

Good luck at Walmart.

This might sound nuts and I am aware of the players union, the current culture of the NFL, and everything else...save it.

They just named the captains of this team. Again, this might sound hoky, but the one thing that makes it work is: Jason Peters is still a very young guy... in serious need of mentoring. And the concept of a real captain isn't too far away from him.

I think it might be a good idea for the captains to get together and contact him in some form. I agree that this is a terrible waste of talent, and your "friends" aren't friends, unless they can, and will, honestly tell you that you are screwing up, when you are honestly screwing up. Who are Peters' friends besides his teammates?

I look at it this way: what possible harm can it do? Clearly this guy is getting bad advice from his agent. If he is cut off from his peers, who the heck else does he have to talk to/get advice from, who actually understands his position and has no selfish agenda? In a sense I feel sorry for him, because it's quite possible he doesn't know what to do now. He bought into a BS line from one a-hole agent, meanwhile, even the other agents are saying this is a bad idea.

And, this is a no win situation for this low-life agent. It seems clear right now that he'd rather burn the player, than admit his mistake, or show that he can be "broken". What a fine example of putting the client first. :thumbsup:

I am aware that teammates don't want to get involved in each others' business. However, I think this is a special case.

The IRS always 'gets theirs' from the little guys, but somehow the ones making the millions seem to do better than the rest. :thumbsup:

This is just so flat out wrong. Now you wonder why some states actually have to have cops stationed in work zones to protect people. We really do live in a selfish society that disregards responsibility while passing the cost on to others.

No offense... But, you wonder why our nation is so self-absorbed.

The IRS always 'gets theirs' from the little guys, but somehow the ones making the millions seem to do better than the rest. :thumbsup:

Given the low level of intelligence Peters has demonstrated during this holdout, do you think he's actually smart enough to consider this?

Given the low level of intelligence Peters has demonstrated during this holdout, do you think he's actually smart enough to consider this?

You are so insensitive... :thumbsup:

I think the Bills should send out a proxy to season ticket holders.

Choice 1) Give Jason Peters a 5 year $50 million extension to his current deal and increase season ticket prices by $60 next year.

Choice 2) Let Jason Peters holdout, and rebate his salary to season ticket holders to the tune of $60 per seat.