Latest Peters update

K-Gun10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Clayton of ESPN reports that Jason Peters is not close to ending his holdout and hasn't talked to the Bills for a month.

Peters has three years remaining on his contract, but isn't happy with his $3.5 million salary. Once the holdout extends into the season, Peters will be fined $15,000 per day and forfeit his weekly game checks, so the money is going to add up in a hurry

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Clayton of ESPN reports that Jason Peters is not close to ending his holdout and hasn't talked to the Bills for a month.

Peters has three years remaining on his contract, but isn't happy with his $3.5 million salary. Once the holdout extends into the season, Peters will be fined $15,000 per day and forfeit his weekly game checks, so the money is going to add up in a hurry

Fine. He wants to sit, let him sit.

Hey "Cript Keeper," thanks for the update. Last time I checked an update meant to provide something new, as in new or corrective information. If by update you mean the same sh-- we've known for 3 months. Thanks.

I would love to be employed for ESPN. All I'd have to do is reguratate old information and plagerize and scream at someone for 10 minutes a day on live TV.

Well done!

It's really to bad we can't have a Pro Bowl starting LT going into this season. Why can't the two sides meet and get this kids stuff cleared up? They should have done this weeks ago.

Has Lee Evans agreed to a new deal yet?

It's all part of being a Bills fan....................................... :D

I can tell you guys want s'more....here's what he said yesterday...

Some more of the same, but you like it.

There isn't any progress in the Jason Peters holdout. The Bills and Peters have not talked for a month, according to a source. Peters remains willing to hold out into the season for a new contract. The Bills believe he should report to camp because he has three years left on his deal. Now that the Bills have started preparation for the Seahawks game, it appears unlikely they will make a call. If he would report, he would have only three practices to prepare for the season opener. This holdout appears to be heading into the regular season, with Peters being fined $15,000 a day and now willing to give up game checks.

He's angling for a trade, it's the easiest way to get paid. I'm certain he figures he's played his last game as a Bill and that they will cave and trade him, then he will have his wish of being the highest paid offensive tackle in the NFL before he has to take another snap. The Bills just have to let this thing play out. Even if it takes a couple seasons. They made a mistake being so quick to trade or let disgruntled players go the past few seasons and now they look like an easy mark.

I think he has been fined $15k per day since the opening of training camp so its already adding up

Is he really is as dumb as this holdout indicates? He reports in week 10 and the Bills suspend him for 4 weeks for action deemed contrary to team unity and he gets NO credit for this year at all. Seems to me this would mean a player should report by game 6.

If he misses first game of season there can only be these outcomes.

1) Bills cave in.

2)Peters reports with tail between legs (early cave).

3)Peters will miss games until the Bills trade him.

4)Bills invoke the 'let him rot in hell mode'.

5) Peters ultimately reports (late cave).

6) Peter's quits football.

I don't think #s 1 or 3 will happen, so Peters make your choice of bad outcomes.

There is a 7th option. Peters fires Parker somewhere along the line and sort of apologizes. #2 is 7 without the firing. Don't think a there's a chance it will happened as he seems perfectly brainwashed.

So I don't get it, if he sits out long enough, will the money come to a point where he's actually paying the Bills money not to play for them?

Something like that - he already owes $500K in fines from missing OTAs, training camp, and preseason - starting this week he forfeits his $191K weekly game checks. The Bills will also go after his signing bonuses from the new deal they gave him two years ago.

Peters ain't playing football for anyone but the Bills, and only under his current contract, so basically he's hosed.

Fine. He wants to sit, let him sit.

I agree the Bills have the power in the situation. Hes gonna start sweating when the fines start and the checks dont come in. I can just hear those phone calls between he and his agent---where the agents life is being threatened.