Scout.com says Peters may be back monday

Fingon

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite the drama queen there, aren't you Mick? "Have the stones to accept the reality of my position...?" What are you, twelve? Ride the short bus? Yeah, I got the stones.

Obviously you've read everything I've posted on this matter; in fact, one of your prior rants I think you actually spent the time to dig up every one of my posts referring to Peters/Parker in unflattering terms, so which part of I DON'T GIVE A FLYING !@#$ ABOUT JASON PETERS do you not understand? It's a fairly straightforward, almost entirely monosyllabic construct, but tell me exactly which word is causing you the most difficulty, and I'll help you with the definition.

After the crap this bum pulled - how he won't honor his current contract, how is word is worthless, how he let down his teammates, coaches, the fans, and the organization that took a chance on an undrafted, slow witted TE, recognized his raw ability enough to try him at different positions, and developed him into a top OT - you think ANYONE cares at all that he's so unhappy with the last big raise that he wants another one right now?

There's a few hundred guys around the league that are gonna get cut today after working their asses off in July and August; guys who played their hearts out and gave their all just for the opportunity to try and make an NFL roster. And you want to see some sympathy for poor Jason Peters? Are you !@#$ing insane? You want my plan for Peter to follow to get paid what he's worth? Well, right now, he's sitting on his ass while his teammates are working their asses off, so he's worth NOTHING, but since you asked...

4. Peters, you idiot, you've done so much freakin' damage to your image and your relationship with the fans, teammates, coaches, and front office, that even if the team was inclined to explore a giving you a nice big new contract, providing you're not a useless gimp after the groin tear/hernia operation, you are now gonna have to play out your cleats, like a man possessed, to show management that you deserve any consideration at all. BTW, 9-Wonderlic, you ARE aware that it's the fans, players, and coaches that vote players into the Pro Bowl, right? How many votes you counting on from Bills fans, players and coaches? Good luck.

5. You want money, Jason? Obviously food is more important to you than football, Lard Ass, so when your done licking the barbecue off your fingers, turn the TV off, get off the couch, and get your fat, stupid, lazy, overweight, outa shape ass to practice. You owe the Bills a cool $half-mil$ in fines, so you should start seeing some scratch around October or so.

Should I keep going? You need me to post steps 6 and 7, or do you get the picture?

You know what Senator I don't give a Flying !@#$ about Peters either- what I care about is my enjoyment in watching the Buffalo Bills who are my last link to sports in general- the Bills have been both bad and boring for a number of years now- finally this year the Bills looked like a team who could go 10-6 and have a shot to make the playoffs - going without Peters could cost them a game or two - now if I lived in your alternate reality where the Bills are a lock for 19-0, one or two extra losses wouldn't bother me but here in the really real it means 9-7 and on the outside looking in.

btw I like your point 4. remember kids don't do anything that would make others dislike you - be a good sheep baaaaa

First, you have zero idea, zero, about whether Jason Peters is heavier or lighter than he was last year, or whether or not he has been working out.

Nor do you.

The only thing we know about it, to my knowledge, is Dockery said he knows Peters and knows he will be ready to play.

That's wonderful news. I'm just ecstatic. I'm sure it's very reassuring to Langston Walker and the rest of the team. Think we'll be able to confirm that any time soon, before a few more of Peters teammates suffer game injuries while covering his position, and so they don't have to take all the reps in practice?

Second, do you really believe, that you as a Bills fan will carry a high school grudge against the guy for games and games, and months and months, and for the next 5-8 years if he comes in and shortly thereafter is a top echelon LT your favorite team has been looking for for a decade just because he didn't talk or play for one month?

I hope he does play like he's possessed, that he goes all out to prove he's worth the money he's demanding, and that he truly does develop into the best LTs in the league. Then I wouldn't begrudge him one cent, unless he acts like a greedy, selfish punk and - instead of honoring his contract this next time - demands a new deal every time someone else signs for more money. But he'll certainly never be a favorite of mine, and I'll never cast a pro bowl ballot for the clown - not after this crap.

It's surely your right to despise the guy and his stance. And maybe you will just hate him as a player for the rest of his career. Personally, I think that's just being a baby. Maybe he will suck when he gets back, or get injured because he wasn't prepared. That, to me, is the time to hurl the vitriol.

I'm just getting warmed up... :oops:

Schobel played at a high level for 6 years, Peters 1. Schobel also reported to mandatory OTAs and training camp. If you cant see the difference in those 2 situations, then you're more myopic than i thought.

Again, before the name calling, calm down and check the facts. Schobel went a long time without making the pro bowl. Peters made it his first full year starting at LT, that, to me, is a reason to treat Peters better than Schobel, not the reverse. Schobel skipped the first 4 OTA practices after the Kelsay deal and he did that even though the team approached him for a new deal in February of 2007 (the missed OTAs were in March). Think of that, the team went to him and said lets do a new deal and they did that 6 months before camp. Even though the team was already actually negotiating with him, Schobel skipped those practices. Nice way to reward the team's good faith wasn't it? His deal, all but a few details, was done before camp so Schobel never had to decide whether or not to hold out. The team has made it very, very clear, they aren't going to even talk about a new deal this year for Peters. Add in to that that Schobel was a high draft pick so his first contract was pretty solid and the deal he wanted extended had made him, at the time, the highest paid player on the team and pretty high on the all time $ list for the Bills. Peters was signed for the minimum and the extension he signed was no big deal, certainly not the blockbuster deal Schobel got and then got again after Kelsay's deal. All of that, to me, actually demonstrates its Peters that should have got the red carpet treatment.

Were you not aware of any of those facts?

Nor do you.

That's wonderful news. I'm just ecstatic. I'm sure it's very reassuring to Langston Walker and the rest of the team. Think we'll be able to confirm that any time soon, before a few more of Peters teammates suffer game injuries while covering his position, and so they don't have to take all the reps in practice?

I hope he does play like he's possessed, that he goes all out to prove he's worth the money he's demanding, and that he truly does develop into the best LTs in the league. Then I wouldn't begrudge him one cent, unless he acts like a greedy, selfish punk and - instead of honoring his contract this next time - demands a new deal every time someone else signs for more money. But he'll certainly never be a favorite of mine, and I'll never cast a pro bowl ballot for the clown - not after this crap.

I'm just getting warmed up... :oops:

This has probably been suggested before, but if not, it's time you and Kelly got a room.

First, I'm not playing a game. Second, do what you tell others. Read my post. I think Peters should get a raise. I think he is a very good LT. When he gets a raise is up for debate. My point is when does it end. What if Peters get a new deal and it is for $8M per year for 7 years. 2 years from now if he is a perennial Pro-Bowler he could be considered underpaid by your standards. Would you have a problem if he held out again for a better deal?

So we I can't order a blintz on tuesday because if everyone ordered blintzes on tuesday there would be chaos. That is an obscure Woody Allen reference.

As for 2 years from now, I'd have to see his salary compared to his performance and the going rate for guys in his class. It is not exactly a new thing that rising league revenues leads to higher contracts. That is exactly what happened in the Schobel situation. He got a blockbuster deal for the money and cap limits of the time but 2 years later revenues and the cap limits were higher so that Kelsay, an inferior player, got more money than Schobel simply becuase of better timing. Recognizing that, the team went to Schobel immediately and headed off the exact kind of trouble we now have with Peters.

If we were talking about Roscoe or Kelsay or Denney, I'd be far more interested in the team making a point. Not with Peters. Not with Lynch. Not with Trent (that day is coming soon) and not with Poz. He is the best lineman on the team and one of the very best in the league and he plays a critical spot, or QB's blind side against the premier rushers in the league. He is not the guy I would want to make an example of. Back in the day, the team understood that, that is why the core, top players were there to stay (Reed, Kelly, Thurman and Bruce, etc). Others came and went but they didn't mess with best.

So we I can't order a blintz on tuesday because if everyone ordered blintzes on tuesday there would be chaos. That is an obscure Woody Allen reference.

As for 2 years from now, I'd have to see his salary compared to his performance and the going rate for guys in his class. It is not exactly a new thing that rising league revenues leads to higher contracts. That is exactly what happened in the Schobel situation. He got a blockbuster deal for the money and cap limits of the time but 2 years later revenues and the cap limits were higher so that Kelsay, an inferior player, got more money than Schobel simply becuase of better timing. Recognizing that, the team went to Schobel immediately and headed off the exact kind of trouble we now have with Peters.

If we were talking about Roscoe or Kelsay or Denney, I'd be far more interested in the team making a point. Not with Peters. Not with Lynch. Not with Trent (that day is coming soon) and not with Poz. He is the best lineman on the team and one of the very best in the league and he plays a critical spot, or QB's blind side against the premier rushers in the league. He is not the guy I would want to make an example of. Back in the day, the team understood that, that is why the core, top players were there to stay (Reed, Kelly, Thurman and Bruce, etc). Others came and went but they didn't mess with best.

That's the problem we have. If I understand you correctly, all things being equal you would support another Peters holdout. You can't be the highest paid player every year.

Again, before the name calling, calm down and check the facts. Schobel went a long time without making the pro bowl. Peters made it his first full year starting at LT, that, to me, is a reason to treat Peters better than Schobel, not the reverse. Schobel skipped the first 4 OTA practices after the Kelsay deal and he did that even though the team approached him for a new deal in February of 2007 (the missed OTAs were in March). Think of that, the team went to him and said lets do a new deal and they did that 6 months before camp. Even though the team was already actually negotiating with him, Schobel skipped those practices. Nice way to reward the team's good faith wasn't it? His deal, all but a few details, was done before camp so Schobel never had to decide whether or not to hold out. The team has made it very, very clear, they aren't going to even talk about a new deal this year for Peters. Add in to that that Schobel was a high draft pick so his first contract was pretty solid and the deal he wanted extended had made him, at the time, the highest paid player on the team and pretty high on the all time $ list for the Bills. Peters was signed for the minimum and the extension he signed was no big deal, certainly not the blockbuster deal Schobel got and then got again after Kelsay's deal. All of that, to me, actually demonstrates its Peters that should have got the red carpet treatment.

Schobel skipped voluntary OTAs. As in, he didnt have to attend. Schobel, regardless of pro bowl appearances had averaged 10 sacks a season over the first 6 years of his career. Thats called production. He has shown solid production over his entire career, and was rewarded as such. If Jason Peters has another great season, he'll get his money next offseason. He just signed a new deal 2 years ago. He can wait while we lock up players like evans.

And no matter how you spin it, he was told that there would be no negotiations if he wasnt in camp. And he wasn't in camp, therefore no negotiations. Its quite probable that the Bills were willing to renegotiate at the beginning of camp, but when he stupidly refused to report to camp after a while, they said "eff it, you're arent getting a deal now until next season."

Peters needs to stop being a selfish prick and get his ass to one bills drive. Or fire his arrogant prick of an agent and get his ass to one bills drive.

For Schobel's first deal, he made $2.8M for the first 3 years. For his 2nd deal, he made $13.5M for 3 years. Then he got his big deal in his 7th year. For the first 3 years of Peters' career, he made $3.71M, and last year made $4.55M. He should made $4.55M again this year.

Follow it up, what is step 4 or 5? Tell us your plan for Peters to follow to get paid what he is worth or have the stones to accept the reality of your position, that you have no problem with Peters, even he stays at a pro bowl level, being one of the most underpaid OT's in the league for another 3 years.

I have one question. Do you think he is one of the most underpaid OT'S in the league?

......How underpaid is he?

Pro Bowl starters at tackle:

Flozell Adams: 25 Million, 5 years($5mil)

Walter Jones: 52.5 Million, 7 years($7.5mil)

Matt Light: 27.3 Million, 6 years($4.55mil)

Jason Peters: 15 Million, 5 years(plus LT bonus $4.75mil approx)

How about the pro bowl reserves at OT?

Ogden: 50 Million, 7 years($7.14mil)

Samuels: 46 Million, 7 years($6.57mil)

Thomas: 42.5 Million, 5 years($8.5mil)

Clifton: 32.4 Million, 6 years($5.4mil)

So, how is my point that he is one of the most underpaid pro bowlers or OTs in the league flat out wrong?

Averages in Bold......you'll notice that Thomas is highest(rookie deal) and the next three are Jones, Ogden and Samuels(perennial probowl star LTs).....the rest are around $5mil

Matt Light having made 2 probowls should be holding out shouldn't he?

What about players like Colts CB Antoine Bethea $417,00/year, RB Joseph Addai $2.24mil/year, C Jeff Saturday $3.2mil/year?

There are always a good number of probowlers on low dollar numbers due to timing of contracts.

We do not know what Parker will have Peters do.

Peters may be willing to miss out on another 200K per week for a few weeks if he thinks it will get him 600K per week next year. Don't forget the 8 figure signing bonus.

Parker may be an SOB who doesn't care who he pisses off on his quest to make $$$. But he's not dumb. I think at this point we should just sit back and watch how it plays out.

He'd have a better shot at making the 600K next year if he as at camp. The Bills have shown no reason not to report to camp as they have been very proactive in taking care of their own players they want to keep...

If he is dumb enough to sit then let him sit. The Bills will never negotiate with him unless he reports, so he can have 3 years remaining on his contract until he's 50 for all they care. Sooner or later he is going to realize what everyone else already knows. The Bills hold all the cards in this game, not Peters.

He'd have a better shot at making the 600K next year if he as at camp. The Bills have shown no reason not to report to camp as they have been very proactive in taking care of their own players they want to keep...

If he is dumb enough to sit then let him sit. The Bills will never negotiate with him unless he reports, so he can have 3 years remaining on his contract until he's 50 for all they care. Sooner or later he is going to realize what everyone else already knows. The Bills hold all the cards in this game, not Peters.

...And yet, thus far this whole thing has cost Peters nothing. If he reports next week, he doesn't lose a game check but regardless of when he reports at this point, the team has will not have a pro bowl left tackle when it lines up against the Seahawks on opening day. They might not even have him on the field until week 3 or 4. So, Peters loses nada and the Bills lose their best lineman for 2, 3 or 4 games. Hmm.....who do you figure came out ahead there?

By this analysis, the Bills will hold all the cards next year and the year after that. And we know the team has refused, regardless of whether he comes to camp or shines Brandon's shoes, to give him a new deal for this year. There is no reason to think they won't continue doing the same thing. Rather than even trying a holdout, his only option, I guess he just be a good little boy and accept that he is going to be the lowest paid pro bowler in the league for 4 years.

You are right, the Bills were proactive with Schobel. They knocked on his door in Feb. 2007 right after the Kelsay deal, they went to him, not the other way around. Even so, Schobel skipped the first 4 OTA's to give the team a taste of what was in store if they didn't sign him even though they were already negotiating. They finished the deal before camp save for a few details. Had they done that with Peters, we wouldn't be having this discussion. For whatever reason, they don't seem to think Peters is anywhere near as important to the team as Schobel.

I don't like the situation any better than anyone else but given the team's big fat "no" on fixing his contrat this year, this is the only card Peters has to play and he is playing it. He will very likely be back this week so in the end, it will cost him very little but it will cost the team. How much? Only time will tell. If we win the first three, no one will care. If we lose them....

...And yet, thus far this whole thing has cost Peters nothing. If he reports next week, he doesn't lose a game check but regardless of when he reports at this point, the team has will not have a pro bowl left tackle when it lines up against the Seahawks on opening day. They might not even have him on the field until week 3 or 4. So, Peters loses nada and the Bills lose their best lineman for 2, 3 or 4 games. Hmm.....who do you figure came out ahead there?

By this analysis, the Bills will hold all the cards next year and the year after that. And we know the team has refused, regardless of whether he comes to camp or shines Brandon's shoes, to give him a new deal for this year. There is no reason to think they won't continue doing the same thing. Rather than even trying a holdout, his only option, I guess he just be a good little boy and accept that he is going to be the lowest paid pro bowler in the league for 4 years.

You are right, the Bills were proactive with Schobel. They knocked on his door in Feb. 2007 right after the Kelsay deal, they went to him, not the other way around. Even so, Schobel skipped the first 4 OTA's to give the team a taste of what was in store if they didn't sign him even though they were already negotiating. They finished the deal before camp save for a few details. Had they done that with Peters, we wouldn't be having this discussion. For whatever reason, they don't seem to think Peters is anywhere near as important to the team as Schobel.

I don't like the situation any better than anyone else but given the team's big fat "no" on fixing his contrat this year, this is the only card Peters has to play and he is playing it. He will very likely be back this week so in the end, it will cost him very little but it will cost the team. How much? Only time will tell. If we win the first three, no one will care. If we lose them....

its going to cost him about 3 game checks to pay off the fines for skipping camp...

Averages in Bold......you'll notice that Thomas is highest(rookie deal) and the next three are Jones, Ogden and Samuels(perennial probowl star LTs).....the rest are around $5mil

Matt Light having made 2 probowls should be holding out shouldn't he?

What about players like Colts CB Antoine Bethea $417,00/year, RB Joseph Addai $2.24mil/year, C Jeff Saturday $3.2mil/year?

There are always a good number of probowlers on low dollar numbers due to timing of contracts.

Again, how is my point that he is one of the most underpaid LT's in the league "flat out wrong" as claimed? What that means and what if anything should be done about it is a whole other, debatable issue. But lets at least start with the same facts, that he is underpaid.

Another issue that I keep raising but without much response is that a lot of these guys, having been drafted much higher than the undrafted Peters, started off with solid contract from the get go. Peters made around 150-175k in his first year and maybe 350-500 in his second. That is water under the bridge and its not the team's fault he didn't make a name for himself in college. However, it does mean that he has less room for error when it comes to getting the most out of his NFL career. Looking at the average career length of an NFL player and what happened to Everett last year, a former position mate of Peters, there should be at least some basic understanding of his motivation to get a better deal, now, and not 3 years or 2 years from now.

its going to cost him about 3 game checks to pay off the fines for skipping camp...

Are the Bills going to make an example of him, too, if he calls right now and says I will be in camp tomorrow if you waive the fines? It's customary for teams to make deals and waive fines to get players in camp. At least for players they need.