Scout.com says Peters may be back monday

Fingon

Skipping training camp as a pro-bowler: uncool but understandable, all forgiven down the road

Not being at practice Tuesday before the season opener: completely uncool, and starting to build up the bad blood that will not go away ever.

In my mind as of yesterday he has moved from being a greedy guy playing the business game to take care of his future to being a loser who is hurting the chances of his entire team and every Bills fan of accomplishing something special this year. Maybe I should wait until kickoff to really get mad, but this weekend we moved from a pre-season holdout to a regular season hold-out, and those are completely entirely different animals to me, and I don't think he knows what he is getting himself into.

Even if a person completely buys into the line of thinking that Peters was justified in holding out during training camp and deserves to be paid now, said justification disappears once team goals are jeopardized because of selfish interests. Peters is but one of 53, yet his stubbornness is now directly impacting 52 other individuals putting their asses on the line for each other. They didn't care so much when we were talking about exhibition games, but I tend to believe they feel differently about Jason abandoning the team now that the real action is about to begin.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if a person completely buys into the line of thinking that Peters was justified in holding out during training camp and deserves to be paid now, said justification disappears once team goals are jeopardized because of selfish interests. Peters is but one of 53, yet his stubbornness is now directly impacting 52 other individuals putting their asses on the line for each other. They didn't care so much when we were talking about exhibition games, but I tend to believe they feel differently about Jason abandoning the team now that the real action is about to begin.

Are his fellow players going to be angry at Peters for sticking to his guns?

Or angry at the front office and management for sticking to theirs?

Are his fellow players going to be angry at Peters for sticking to his guns?

Or angry at the front office and management for sticking to theirs?

I think this front office has started to build a little bit of credibility with the players with how they handle personnel decisions. They did the right thing with Schoebel, they are doing the right thing with Lee, I don't think the players are sitting around grumbling about how the front office isn't helping this one along. This holdout has one thing and one thing only associate with it, Jason Peters is putting himself before the team.

I think this front office has started to build a little bit of credibility with the players with how they handle personnel decisions. They did the right thing with Schoebel, they are doing the right thing with Lee, I don't think the players are sitting around grumbling about how the front office isn't helping this one along. This holdout has one thing and one thing only associate with it, Jason Peters is putting himself before the team.

to borrow a quote from a fellow poster on the board...

yea