Who will "Meet the Turk" this Tuesday?

bills44

I guess we can say we are not as bad off in the QB position as a lot of teams we've seen this preseason

You are so right. We are WAAAAAY better off at QB than the Colts. Glove wearing Mary and Clean up the City Boy may have their weaknesses, but the Colts are in bad shape. I know they are saying Manning will be back but will he be the same after having his sac removed?

You are so right. We are WAAAAAY better off at QB than the Colts. Glove wearing Mary and Clean up the City Boy may have their weaknesses, but the Colts are in bad shape. I know they are saying Manning will be back but will he be the same after having his sac removed?

plus from what I've seen they beat any backups Pats* have :w00t:

well ok lets see...they have 80 and need to cut 5 to get to 75 by tuesday night right...nothing says they cant cut more than 5 also...Im thinking these guys get called this week:

C.J. Hawthorne WR

Daniel Watts DE

Dustin Fox CB

Derrick Jones DE

Tim Massaquoi TE

then after Thursdays game:

Matt Baker QB

Johnathan Evans FB

Scott Mayle WR

Shaun Nua DE

Corey Mace DE

Copeland Bryan DE

Courtney Anderson TE

Donnie Spraggan LB

William James CB

Dwayne Wright RB

Dustin Dickson OL

Is Wright is gone or sent down to the PS(I think he is eligible, right?)?

Nope. According to the player participation chart, he played in 14 games last season. I believe the cutoff is nine.

well ok lets see...they have 80 and need to cut 5 to get to 75 by tuesday night right...nothing says they cant cut more than 5 also...Im thinking these guys get called this week:

C.J. Hawthorne WR

Daniel Watts DE

Dustin Fox CB

Derrick Jones DE

Tim Massaquoi TE

then after Thursdays game:

Matt Baker QB

Johnathan Evans FB

Scott Mayle WR

Shaun Nua DE

Corey Mace DE

Copeland Bryan DE

Courtney Anderson TE

Donnie Spraggan LB

William James CB

Dwayne Wright RB

Dustin Dickson OL

Ah man, I just bought all their jerseys. :wallbash:

Tough to say because they will keep some fodder to churn on Thursday. baker won't get cut because he will play a lot on Thursday. I doubt that teams will try to sneak people through on the first cut since teams only need to lop off 5 players each right now. There won't be an overwhelming number available and teams will still have fodder to waive to make room for a guy. The hiding will be next week when 22 guys get cut from each team and final roster spots are set. It's harder for a team to scoop up a guy just for a look see when they have the cut one of the final 53 to do it.

My guesses for this week are fodder from positions of excessive numbers.

Shaun Nua

Jason Jones

Jon Banks

Dustin Fox

DJ Fitzpatrick

Here’s my 53 + practice squad candidates

CB: McGee, Greer,Corner, McKelvin, Youboty

DE: Schobel,Kelsay, Denney, Ellis, Neill (LS),

DT: Stroud, Williams, Johnson, McCargo,

FB: Barnes

K: Lindell

LB: Posluszny,Mitchell, Crowell, Ellison, DiGiorgio, Buggs, Corto

OL: Peters, Walker, Dockery, Butler, Fowler, Whittle, Chambers, Preston, Bell, Estes

P: Moorman

QB: Edwards, Losman, Hamdan

RB: Lynch, Jackson, Omon

S: Whitner, Simpson, Wilson, Wendling

TE: Royal, Fine, Anderson, Schouman

WR: Evans, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Jenkins.

PS candidates if they clear waivers:

Cox (DB), McCray (DT), Banks (LB), Gaddis (OL), Hall (RB), Johnson(WR)

IR: Murphy

why does everyone think that James is going to get Cut.........HE ISNT GOING TO GET CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will probably come down to a James or Youboty choice and it's hard to cut talented young players, especially ones you have invested that much time and effort into. I'd like to find a way to keep James around because our depth is very young at CB.

It will probably come down to a James or Youboty choice and it's hard to cut talented young players, especially ones you have invested that much time and effort into. I'd like to find a way to keep James around because our depth is very young at CB.

The reason to keep James around is that, other than McGee, he is the only one that can claim to know what he's doing with a straight face.

DJ Fitzpatrick has an awesome part time job. He spends his summers working as a punter in NFL training camp. He's hired every may, and released every august. I wonder what he does the rest of the year?

He's writing a book titled "LIVING THE DREAM, what I got to do on my summer vacation."

I think it's hard to justify keeping Ryan Neill. He hasn't shown up as a backup on the D-line since last year, which seemed to be the whole reason he landed the job in the first place. Has anyone seen Preston come in to long snap? (Duke is listed as the backup on BB.com.)

I think it's hard to justify keeping Ryan Neill. He hasn't shown up as a backup on the D-line since last year, which seemed to be the whole reason he landed the job in the first place. Has anyone seen Preston come in to long snap? (Duke is listed as the backup on BB.com.)

No, wrong, false. You do not, I repeat DO NOT cut your long snapper unless you have a proven person to bring in. We have done this before and it has killed us. Neill stays, period.

DJ Fitzpatrick has an awesome part time job. He spends his summers working as a punter in NFL training camp. He's hired every may, and released every august. I wonder what he does the rest of the year?

Lot's of punters are in that situation, Glenn Pakulak (http://www.kffl.com/player/5921/NFL) works in a steelmill whilst camp hopping during summers, he is NFL quality however there is simply not enough need for punters in the NFL.

The reason to keep James around is that, other than McGee, he is the only one that can claim to know what he's doing with a straight face.

Which can be easiliy countered with the youngsters eagerness and performance so far. Time will tell.

No, wrong, false. You do not, I repeat DO NOT cut your long snapper unless you have a proven person to bring in. We have done this before and it has killed us. Neill stays, period.

That's why I was asking if anyone saw signs that Preston was actually getting time in this role. And besides talking about roster spots, I'm also interested in how bad it would be if Neill got injured and had to leave a game.

I was shocked they cut Schneck in favor of Neill because in general I agree with you. They did, I repeat DID cut our long snapper last year in favor of a backup that did not seem proven to me. At the time the only rationale that made sense to me was to save a roster spot because the new LS (Neill) could also back up DE, and Denney had just been hurt.

Is Neill's one year of experience so hard to replace?

Who was our LS before Schneck? If that was Preston, forget I mentioned this. I have vague alcohol-hazed memories of snaps going wildly high....

The bills have pretty consistently only kept 2 QBs on the 53-man roster...

Why would they start keeping 3 - as many of the rosters I've seen here suggest...

They'll put one on the PS, and go from there.

They have to cut 5 players to get to 75, correct? I don't think they can move Peters to the non-football injury list until the 53-man cutdown...

I'm going to guess one of the RBs sees the door, Hall will have a hall pass...

I'm going to guess a WR goes - probably Hawthorne

I'm going to guess a TE - Massaquoi perhaps

I'm going to guess perhaps Jon Corto... I don't think it's a good thing when they move you late in Preseason...

I'm going to go with a CB last, Either Cox or Fox...

They'll use the rest of camp fodder for Kids week vs. Detroit. I'd bet Baker & G-Ham make it one more week...

The bills have pretty consistently only kept 2 QBs on the 53-man roster...

Why would they start keeping 3 - as many of the rosters I've seen here suggest...

They'll put one on the PS, and go from there.

They have to cut 5 players to get to 75, correct? I don't think they can move Peters to the non-football injury list until the 53-man cutdown...

I'm going to guess one of the RBs sees the door, Hall will have a hall pass...

I'm going to guess a WR goes - probably Hawthorne

I'm going to guess a TE - Massaquoi perhaps

I'm going to guess perhaps Jon Corto... I don't think it's a good thing when they move you late in Preseason...

I'm going to go with a CB last, Either Cox or Fox...

They'll use the rest of camp fodder for Kids week vs. Detroit. I'd bet Baker & G-Ham make it one more week...

they would have to bring in a new QB to put one on the PS...both Baker and Hamden I believe are not eligible for PS...We've seen a lot of teams in the preseason with very crappy depth at QB..I think Buffalo is one of the few that has a depth they don't have to worry to much about.... Corto has played very well in the LB spot and could be used as depth for SS/FS...

No, you were right, he did get cut on an earlier round of cuts, not at the final cutdown to 53.

Yeah, that was a sneaky move. Other teams were probably thinking, "first round of cuts? he really must be Wunderlich 6 dumb, let's not bother."

I went to the final practice at Fisher and Jabari Greer was doing long snapping for field goals rotating with neil. Just saying

Big difference between doing it in practice and in a game when a 350lb man will crush your head as soon as you flinch. Neill did a great job last year as evidenced by both Moorman's stats, the lack of blocked kicks and Lindell's FG percentage.

A big part of kicking is timing with the snapper and Lindell's percentage went up as soon as we got a decent long snapper as has been great with both Schneck and Neill.

Before Schneck we had Dorenbos for 2 years but I don't remember who replaced Dorenbos when he got hurt. it may have been Preston for a little while. The snapper before Dorenbos I think was Teague.

they would have to bring in a new QB to put one on the PS...both Baker and Hamden I believe are not eligible for PS...We've seen a lot of teams in the preseason with very crappy depth at QB..I think Buffalo is one of the few that has a depth they don't have to worry to much about.... Corto has played very well in the LB spot and could be used as depth for SS/FS...

I just looked it up. Hamdan doesn't, but Baker has a year left of PS eligibility.

From Chris Brown:

In total there are 30 players with practice squad eligibility left on Buffalo's roster. Aside from all the rookies (draft picks, undrafteds) there are 14. Gibran Hamdan does not have any practice squad eligibility left, but Baker has one more year available to him. Justin Jenkins has no more eligibility and neither does Massaquoi. But Gaddis and Copeland Bryan both have practice squad time left.