just pay peters

I'm sick of reading that peters isn't honoring his contract. Would you? He's one of the premier LTs in the NFL and he's being paid like a backup TE for gods sake. In a business where one injury means no more money, you're cut, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. You need to fight when there is justification. In jason's case, he deserves to be paid. Period point blank...I was jus' bein' rebellion. One da' dumbest decisions I ever made. Uhhh, sorry. I was channelling pacman. Really tho- Pay Peters!!!!!!!!! The fans deserve it.

Simply put, if you're under contract, you show the f*ck up to camp, if you want a better contract because you KNOW you're going to produce down the road, prove it now, and get your money when you answer you're damn phone and stop pulling the silent treatment.

Don't be like my ex-girlfriend and ruin a damn good thing.

Simply put, if you're under contract, you show the f*ck up to camp, if you want a better contract because you KNOW you're going to produce down the road, prove it now, and get your money when you answer you're damn phone and stop pulling the silent treatment.

Easy Brock-

I think we can all agree that he's proven his worth a bit more than langston walker. Sorry for breaking up your relationship...it was worth it tho :cry:

I don't think he should go. Why? So he can blow out his knee and get squat? F that

I don't think he should get paid squat if he does not go. And if he is going to blow out the knee why give him a raise and ANOTHER signing bonus Bills will need to sign replacement.

As long as he can hold out for a raise he can do it every year and is rewarded for it he feels being underpaid. Bills took a chance in him using a slot for a player not much more than a practice player. He decided to negotiate early like Travis Henry did and take less for more guarenteed two years ago; he should sue his agent for malpractice or incompetence first.

I'm sick of reading that peters isn't honoring his contract. Would you? He's one of the premier LTs in the NFL and he's being paid like a backup TE for gods sake. In a business where one injury means no more money, you're cut, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. You need to fight when there is justification. In jason's case, he deserves to be paid. Period point blank...I was jus' bein' rebellion. One da' dumbest decisions I ever made. Uhhh, sorry. I was channelling pacman. Really tho- Pay Peters!!!!!!!!! The fans deserve it.

Peters does deserve to be paid more if he continues to play at the level he did last year and/or better. However, since he is not preparing for the upcoming season like the rest of the team and may not be willing to play, he is worth absolutely nothing in terms of compensation. As far as I'm concerned, he has zero leverage in this thing and fukk him if he continues to holdout. I'd rather the Bills go on without him than cave into his ploy. He can sit and rot for 3 years. The friggin owners should simply adopt a policy not to negotiate with any player that holds out.

If Peters wants to blame anyone, he should blame his agent for not negotiating greater incentives into his previous deal if he made the pro-bowl or otherwise outperformed the agreement.

Get a new agent, Jason. Your guy didn't serve you well 2 years ago and isn't serving you well now.

I think all the little girls crying over Peters should unknot their panties and relax. The guy makes the Pro Bowl as an alternate once and he's now god's gift to football?

The answer is always "just pay the man", ain't it? Doesn't matter what the circumstances. Doesn't matter how many years he has left on his deal. Doesn't matter how a player behaves toward his team. Doesn't matter what it might do to your team down the road. Just break out the checkbook and write lots of zeroes. Don't think five minutes into future much less next year.

Ding! Another Hot Pocket is served.

PTR

I think all the little girls crying over Peters should unknot their panties and relax. The guy makes the Pro Bowl as an alternate once and he's now god's gift to football?

The answer is always "just pay the man", ain't it? Doesn't matter what the circumstances. Doesn't matter how many years he has left on his deal. Doesn't matter how a player behaves toward his team. Doesn't matter what it might do to your team down the road. Just break out the checkbook and write lots of zeroes. Don't think five minutes into future much less next year.

PTR

DANG You Are 0N the Money!

Nn, no and no!

Peters just resigned last season. If the Bils buckle in to his agents demands then every player that has a decent to good season will want a new contract yearly.

If Peters holds out and the Bills succeed (with a soft schedule) he's screwing himself.

Nn, no and no!

Peters just resigned last season. If the Bils buckle in to his agents demands then every player that has a decent to good season will want a new contract yearly.

If Peters holds out and the Bills succeed (with a soft schedule) he's screwing himself.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Players accross the NFL demand new contracts. Obviously, one must be good to do so, and the Bills simply have not had many star players in the last 10 or so years. Certainly there were none at Left, or even Right Tackle, other than Jason Peters. This has been a major factor in our playoff draught.

Now, he is being paid far less than a Guard who is good, and a Center who gets tossed around like a frisbee. You tell me....if Losman was a pro bowl qb, ya think he would have wanted more money? How about Whitner, who is a walking publicity machine, and he is a freaking safety?

This entire episode is silly, wrong, and not worth throwing away the season for. Enough harm was done in terms of practices, etc. Ralph has plenty of money, and Bills Fans deserve a winning team.

Do we really need yet another thread about this topic ?

Of Course, this one was different the the hundreds of others, plus he provided such great reasons on why the Bills should just sign him to whatever he wants

its simple, the Bills have publically said that they have not had any extensive discussions with Peters and they said if he shows up to Training camp and wants to talk, they will talk, until then, they have nothing to discuss. Response from Peters and his agent, crickets

Someone forgot to tell his agent the proper way to negotiate, you don't go straight into playing hardball.

Step 1 - Call the Bills and make your demands

Step 2 - Show up with a smile on your face to manditory offseason events (if you really want to impress, show up not optional ones too to show you are a team player)

Step 3 - Open discussions with Management after meet their demands (i.e. show up and take part and ask for a new deal)

Step 4 - If they refuse to budge on the negotiations, threaten to hold out

Step 5 - If they continue to refuse to budge, Hold out

Step 6 - Continue to hold out til they will redo your deal, or ask to be traded to somewhere who will

Usually, it never goes past step 3 and 4 for a player like Peters, if the steps before it are followed. And at that point, the tables are turned and you have the leverage because you have done exactly what they asked you to do.

Unfortunatly, Peters agent must have skipped the chapters in his agent manual that had steps 1 thru 4 and he just went to step 5.

No one here is saying he doesn't deserve to get a new deal, people just don't agree that the Bills should just cave immediatly because he has decided to hold out. Thats not the way to run a successfu buisness (well it is if you want to run it directly into the ground). The first thing he should do is get rid of this agent, cause he isn't doing him, or his other clients (seems to be a trend this year that this guy is pulling this with most of his clients) a favor. If he was a better agent, he wouldn't have signed the long term deal 2 years ago, or he would have negotiated a better deal with incentives for moving to LT, a move they obviously knew was going to happen. Now why is it the Bills problem that his agent didn't have the foresight to work some things like that into the deal?

If he was a better agent, he wouldn't have signed the long term deal 2 years ago, or he would have negotiated a better deal with incentives for moving to LT, a move they obviously knew was going to happen. Now why is it the Bills problem that his agent didn't have the foresight to work some things like that into the deal?

I disagree. Peters was playing RT, and if I recall (not sure), playing for the NFL minimum. In this sense, the Bills have already saved a ton of money on him. They spent it on the likes of Kyle Williams, Josh Reed, Brad Butler, and other linemen to whom Peters is clearly superior.

Jeff Backus signed a 6 year/40 million contract 2 years ago! He is not even almost as good as Peters, to say nothing of potential greatness. This is a special case, or so I think.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Players accross the NFL demand new contracts. Obviously, one must be good to do so, and the Bills simply have not had many star players in the last 10 or so years. Certainly there were none at Left, or even Right Tackle, other than Jason Peters. This has been a major factor in our playoff draught.

Now, he is being paid far less than a Guard who is good, and a Center who gets tossed around like a frisbee. You tell me....if Losman was a pro bowl qb, ya think he would have wanted more money? How about Whitner, who is a walking publicity machine, and he is a freaking safety?

This entire episode is silly, wrong, and not worth throwing away the season for. Enough harm was done in terms of practices, etc. Ralph has plenty of money, and Bills Fans deserve a winning team.

And yet even with that Pro Bowl LT, the Bills were no closer to ending that Playoff draught last season

No one is saying he is wrong asking for more money, or that not other player would do this. The problem is the way he is going about doing it. The Bills have made it clear, show up to TC and we will talk, otherwise they have nothing to say. So what does he do? Stays at home and collects fines. If he shows up to training camp and they refuse to talk, or shows up and they get to a stalemate in the negotiations, then you leave and sit out. Atleast you met their demands and have leverage, and make the Bills look bad.

Also, everyone is already declaring the season over if Peters can't play, but we haven't even seen what Walker can do at LT, or what Chambers can do at RT. Walker might not be a Pro Bowl LT, but we don't know what he can do, if he can just hold his own there, the Bills might not be in that bad of shape.

I don't think he should go. Why? So he can blow out his knee and get squat? F that

And from the Bills point of view...

Pay him before he gets to camp. Why? So he can blow out his knee because he's out of shape? F that

Every player should get a new high money contract after a good season.

And a cut in pay for a poor season...

LOL... :cry:

In this Mexican stand-off, with 3 years left on his contract, he needs to get his ass into camp. His value--this year--is declining with each practice missed.

There's no comparing an NFL contract to a real-life contract. The owners in the NFL have an out: they can cut a player at any time for any reason and not have to pay the player's salary. The player's leverage is the renegotiation after a good year. Again, no problem with Peters demanding a renegotiation--but he needs to do it from inside camp, not from his home.

Just so I get this straight. You can get upset that we haven't paid him more, which is in itself irrelevant. But when people get annoyed that he isn't at work, you tell them to calm down? Employ some consistency. Does he deserve more money? Sure. Is he at work? No. One thing is certain, fans are excited about this team now and as such are more likely yo side with the FO because they dont want anyone screwing up the season. bad time for a holdout. I wonder how much his jersey sales will decline?

I disagree. Peters was playing RT, and if I recall (not sure), playing for the NFL minimum. In this sense, the Bills have already saved a ton of money on him. They spent it on the likes of Kyle Williams, Josh Reed, Brad Butler, and other linemen to whom Peters is clearly superior.

Jeff Backus signed a 6 year/40 million contract 2 years ago! He is not even almost as good as Peters, to say nothing of potential greatness. This is a special case, or so I think.

Peters was playing RT when he signed the deal, and then half way during the first season of the deal he was switched to LT. You don't think that Peters and his agent knew the Bills were eventually going to try him there? Or do you believe that they just one week in practice decided that he should switch and play LT the next week? Didn't they just re-sign Williams and Butler in the last year? After Peters had already agreed to his 5 year deal, that at the time he thought was a good deal? If he flopped at RT or LT, would he have sat out to re work a lower deal to get paid what he would be worth? Maybe Butler and Williams agents are better agents and were able to work out better deals for their players?

So Jeff Backus isn't even close to Peters greatness, and yet he signed a bigger deal then what Peters did, at the same time Peters signed his deal. I have yet to see how this doesn't help to prove that peters agent is not that great. Of course you think this is a special case, you have had a man crush on Peters for years, so of course you feel he should get whatever he wants. But if you were to step back and look at the situation and how its being approached/handled by him and his agent, you would see there are alot better ways to get the job done, and the Bills have shown it in the past that they are willing to get the job done. Just look at Schoebel, signed a new deal, played part of it, another DE he is better then signed a better deal, Bills renegotiate with him because he showed up to TC and participated in team activities while re-negotiating.

So you are implyig that safeties dont deserve big bucks at all, only OL does?

No, I am directly stating that a Left Tackle is one of the top 2 most important positions on a football team. I might also add that Peters is regarded higher around the league at his position than Whitner, and I wish it was close.

IIRC Peters got a $5 mil signing bonus for his last deal. So if he feels he is worth a new contract now, that means we've been paying almost six million a year for a RT who played half of one season and a LT that didn't finish a season. Up to this pointI think he owes the Bills money.

No, I am directly stating that a Left Tackle is one of the top 2 most important positions on a football team. I might also add that Peters is regarded higher around the league at his position than Whitner, and I wish it was close.

You'll get no arguements from me on either one of those points. I just think theres no difference if peters gets his money now or is he gets his money in february. Either way he's going to play this season, and he's going to make the big bucks. He can threaten to never sign with the bills, but when they toss 25 mil guaranteed to him next february, he'll gladly sign it.

You'll get no arguements from me on either one of those points. I just think theres no difference if peters gets his money now or is he gets his money in february. Either way he's going to play this season, and he's going to make the big bucks. He can threaten to never sign with the bills, but when they toss 25 mil guaranteed to him next february, he'll gladly sign it.

I hope you are correct. This thing is crazy; it is hurting the team. :cry:

Just so I get this straight. You can get upset that we haven't paid him more, which is in itself irrelevant. But when people get annoyed that he isn't at work, you tell them to calm down? Employ some consistency. Does he deserve more money? Sure. Is he at work? No. One thing is certain, fans are excited about this team now and as such are more likely yo side with the FO because they dont want anyone screwing up the season. bad time for a holdout. I wonder how much his jersey sales will decline?

What is so hard to understand??? You have players like Evans and Crowell entering their contract years. They deserve to be paid more, BUT GUESS WHAT?? They are in camp!! AND GUESS WHAT?? The Bills are negotiating new deals for them. Now you have a player who got a generous extension just two years ago, before he even deserved it I might add. He gets moved to LT has one Pro Bowl year. He deserves more money too. Does he ask the Bills for more money? No. He stays at home and ignores the team. What's more, he had surgery and he hasn't let the Bills team doctors loo at him or follow his rehab.

So who do you reward? Players that come to camp or players that flip off the team and his teammates?

PTR

There has been no silent treatment. Parker and Brandon have discussed Peters. And every hold out that ends in a new contract involves the player not being in camp. His location is not the issue and shouldn't be. The issue is the millions more that he wants this year.

There has been no silent treatment. Parker and Brandon have discussed Peters. And every hold out that ends in a new contract involves the player not being in camp. His location is not the issue and shouldn't be. The issue is the millions more that he wants this year.

Where have you been getting this from???????

I think Brandon has said that he had a small conversation with Parker, while finalising Hardys deal, and thats it.

Where has it ever been said that they had discussions and that the problem has been the money he wants?

I think Brandon has said that he had a small conversation with Parker, while finalising Hardys deal, and thats it.

Where has it ever been said that they had discussions and that the problem has been the money he wants?

Bingo! The imagination is a wonderful thing, no?

Personally, while the other 80 guys are working their asses off in the hot summer sun, trying like hell to get this team to the next level, I think Peters is on a beach in Fiji, suckin' on a tuna colada. :cry:

(See, it works both ways!)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 & 0 baby!!!!!

Link

So they have had no discussions since camp started. That means, that they have had discussions before hand. So can we stop this foolish notion that there is any reason for this situation other than the blatantly obvious fact that he wants more money and we the team doesn't want to give it to him. Either that or this is the first hold out in history where being a starter or more $ wasn't the central issue and the central stumbling block. Can you name me a single holdout that ended in a contract where the player didn't stay out of camp? Peters and his agent have, to their credit, not conducted a publicity war with the team. The Bills unfortunately have not done the same. You should recognize that the team has a vested interest in getting the public on their side. Try reading some of the team's statements with as critical eye as you have used to assess Peters' actions.

And there is this Bransdon has had brief discussions with Parker They used the word "discussions", ie, plural, so that means they have had more than one discussion. Brief, yes, but they have had contact and they have had discussions so can we please stop all the posts about there being nothing but silence from Parker???

As for the "small conversation", doesn't that count? I always thought that "no discussion" means no discussion as opposed to "small" discussion. How "large" does the coversation have to be to count? How long does it take for one side to say they want a new deal and the other to say no and then for each to say, "call us when you change your mind"???

Of course it is about money. Why else do you think he is holding out? More vacation time? A better dental plan? Why do you think Brandon said that they expect him to honor the committment he made 2 years ago? The "committment" he made is to play 3 more years at his current salary.

PTR

Jason has been a MODEL Buffalo Bill since he's joined the team. Unlike past NFL loudmouth holdouts, he refuses to take his case to the public. How dare you criticize Peters' behavior. You mean breakout the checkbook and write a ton of zeros for a lousy slacker named Chris Kelsay!? A guy that hasn't done sh_t on this team and NEVER lived up to his much hyped potential! If only the Bills had 53 Jason Peters, a player who wasn't even draft and who's performance shot through the roof to the point where he's WIDELY considered the BEST at his position, they'd have no problem beating down the Pats and the rest of the league! So what do the Bills do? How do they operate? They REWARD averageness and slackers with big huge contracts, yet draw the hard line on the one guy that DESERVES THE MONEY! The ONLY message being sent to the players is that hard work and off the charts performance will get you the SHAFT. I now think that the Bills front office is dumber than their stupid head coach. Why don't you get all angry about Kelsays' slacker behavior on gameday?! That of course doesn't rile you up at all. The Bills did this to themselves, they are the ones who created this "circumstance" by their p_ss poor checkbook decisions.

Bingo! The imagination is a wonderful thing, no?

Personally, while the other 80 guys are working their asses off in the hot summer sun, trying like hell to get this team to the next level, I think Peters is on a beach in Fiji, suckin' on a tuna colada. :cry:

(See, it works both ways!)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 & 0 baby!!!!!

With the small exception that I have posted links to Brandon's actual statements showing they have had discussions, facts which you choose to ignore. But hey, if it helps unbunch your panties to pretend otherwise, have at it. Because it makes total sense that the Bills have no problem at all paying him millions of dollars more than they would otherwise but simply object to negotiating the terms of the deal with his agent while Peters does what every hold out has ever done, stay at home until the deal is signed. In my view, the Bills are a sharply honed business and in yours, they are a momma upset that sonny boy doesn't call home often enough. Maybe you should switch to thongs?

Isn't that the definition of a holdout?? Never heard of a holdout that is in camp.

With the small exception that I have posted links to Brandon's actual statements showing they have had discussions, facts which you choose to ignore. But hey, if it helps unbunch your panties to pretend otherwise, have at it. Because it makes total sense that the Bills have no problem at all paying him millions of dollars more than they would otherwise but simply object to negotiating the terms of the deal with his agent while Peters does what every hold out has ever done, stay at home until the deal is signed. In my view, the Bills are a sharply honed business and in yours, they are a momma upset that sonny boy doesn't call home often enough. Maybe you should switch to thongs?

Just 'cause you keep saying it, over and over, and over, and over, doesn't make it so. Please post those links again - no one else remembers seeing them.

(Save the sarcasm - you're no good at it. How do you know he's at home? Again, the imagination is a wonderful thing.)

Ok, as my avatar suggests this topic is getting very old...

We can continue to speculate until this is resolved, but it's all a guessing game at this point. My guess is that Parker is a busy man and represents many NFL players. He probably told the Bills brass to call when they were serious about negotiating. The Bills do not want to renegotiate the contract this year, hence the hold out. Best case scenario is that Peters either fires Parker or goes against his advice and reports to camp. But with the Bills trying to get Evans and Crowell signed, it's a very long shot that they renew his deal this year whether he is in camp or not.

Just 'cause you keep saying it, over and over, and over, and over, doesn't make it so. Please post those links again - no one else remembers seeing them.

(Save the sarcasm - you're no good at it. How do you know he's at home? Again, the imagination is a wonderful thing./quote]They are posted, yet again, right above. The reference to him staying at home is a generic one meaning he isn't at camp it wasn't meant to be taken literally. Really, try a thong, my wife swears by them.

Ok, as my avatar suggests this topic is getting very old...

We can continue to speculate until this is resolved, but it's all a guessing game at this point. My guess is that Parker is a busy man and represents many NFL players. He probably told the Bills brass to call when they were serious about negotiating. The Bills do not want to renegotiate the contract this year, hence the hold out. Best case scenario is that Peters either fires Parker or goes against his advice and reports to camp. But with the Bills trying to get Evans and Crowell signed, it's a very long shot that they renew his deal this year whether he is in camp or not.

Exactly. Pretty simple. Nothing bizarre, nothing unheard of, no mystery. This problem is caused by two realities, A) Peters is very good and B) the bills don't want to pay him the money he wants when he wants it.