Sounds like the DA has nothing on Lynch

VOR

Marshawn does not owe the public, nor Bills fans, anything.

No , but you are being very nieve if you don't think there is a court of public opinion. If public opinion turns sour on you, your career in Buffalo can be very short. Ask Willis about that ? I though Willis got a bad deal on that Toronto comment.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was drunk and passed out in the back seat and doesn't know, then he should say that. If it's his brother or mother that was driving find a patsie and get him to fall on the sword for you, surely he has a buddy that will take the heat for him. Marshawn is not handling this very smart from a PR point of view.

:devil::worthy::devil::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So he's failing on the smart PR move by not hiring a patsie to lie to the press and cops for him? Nice one.

No , but you are being very nieve if you don't think there is a court of public opinion. If public opinion turns sour on you, your career in Buffalo can be very short. Ask Willis about that ? I though Willis got a bad deal on that Toronto comment.

Willis pissed on the entire city of Buffalo. Marshawn has done nothing of the sort. How exactly, has marshawn insulted the city or any of its fans? Thats right, he hasnt. He's only "offended" self-righteous pricks like yourself.

I also know that the court of public opinion is easily swayed and todays topic will be forgotten by tomorrow morning. All will be forgotten in your "court of public opinion" the second MArshawn steamrolls a LB on his way to the endzone.

By not saying anything, this really never gets closure. To make it go away you have to put a bow on it and finish it off.

Didn't you jump into this conversation by stating he was a dirtbag for not coming clean? Say if he started being a dirtbag, he would continue to be a dirtbag. And now you say, the smart thing to do is to be a dirtbag?

He may beat the wrap this time. But it's still a dirt bag move. Once a dirtbag, other dirt bag moves will happen again.

Didn't you jump into this conversation by stating he was a dirtbag for not coming clean? Say if he started being a dirtbag, he would continue to be a dirtbag. And now you say, the smart thing to do is to be a dirtbag?

He might be saying -

Better to lie like a dirtbag than stay quiet?

Keep the context of my comment. The scenerio posed was what if it was your mother driving the car ? Then you have a real moral dilema. Throw your Mom under the bus ? Under that scenero , getting a buddy to take the heat looks more attractive.

But lets fous on Marshawn. Are you OK with him being silent on hitting someone and leaving the scene with no reagrd for that person ? what if it was your daughter or sister that was run over ? Would you be so flippant about it ? Probably not.

Correct but Marshawn certainly knows who was driving, and the right thing to do is to tell the police who was driving. Since he has little regard for the woman's injury or doing the righht thing. He is a dirtbag IMHO. He loses a lot of face by doing this. He will lose Buffalo's public opinion support by handling it this way.

Someone who wishes people in Texas would die calling someone else a dirtbag.

:devil:

Willis might have taken some heat for the Toronto comment but the biggest reason why he was traded was because he was not the right player for the Bills. Not always in the best shape, and always dances in the backfield. I dont think a bad comment was the reason why the GM traded him.

Keep the context of my comment. The scenerio posed was what if it was your mother driving the car ? Then you have a real moral dilema. Throw your Mom under the bus ? Under that scenero , getting a buddy to take the heat looks more attractive.

But lets fous on Marshawn. Are you OK with him being silent on hitting someone and leaving the scene with no reagrd for that person ? what if it was your daughter or sister that was run over ? Would you be so flippant about it ? Probably not.

I don't think anyone would be happy if it was their Sister/Daughter. If it was my sister or Daughter at least i would know one side of the story from the people actually involved. The only side anyone on this boards knows is what the media printed. The media printed what they received from the police and it's plain as day the Police don't have much so they are using the media to pressure Marshawn.

We've had numerous threads and discussions about this and I already answered all of those questions. The answers, again, are:

1] No, I wouldn't at all be okay with him being silent if he hit someone and left the scene with no regard. But we don't know if that happened yet and I am willing to wait a few weeks to see.

2] If it were my daughter or sister that was hit (no one was run over) I would be thankful they weren't hurt worse, furious that SOMEONE took off, and frustrated by not knowing what happened quickly. Of course. But it ultimately wouldn't matter to me if I knew a week ago or two weeks from now. I also surely wouldn't want to change or ignore the law just so I could be satisfied quicker. Like the 9/11 guys on trial now, I want to see them executed for what they did, but I also want to see them go to trial and let justice be served. I don't want to see them executed now just because I think they deserve to be executed. It needs to play itself out.

Which is why we don't let the parents of the either the victim or the accused sit on juries, they couldn't possibly be fair and objective. I am not sure what that observation adds to the debate.

I think the real problem here is that there is an unresolved cloud hanging over Marshawn and he is such an important part of the team's future that emotionally invested fans are filled with anxiety that can only be relieved by a speedy resolution. Each day Marshawn is quiet, drags that anxiety out.

We do not now what happened, we do not know if Marshawn is guilty of anything, anything at all. If the police were sure, they would have made an arrest but instead they are trying to scare Lynch in to talking by the prospect of having his friends questioned, even if they have to convene a grand jury to do it. Since the police clearly don't even have a case yet they think is strong enough to make an arrest, there is no way anyone here can say they know enough about what really happened to start judging and condeming anyone.

I would love to hear the DA give us some background info on how often he has gone as far as to convene a grand jury in a case involving a minor injury best left to the civil courts to redress. As I have said from the git-go, the DA is going to go overboard on this case because of the notoriety and with that in mind, Lynch would be a fool to cooperate. The fact that his atty wanted a deal in place before talking is elementary. The DA characterized it as if it were something unusual. Quite the contrary, its standard. That the DA claimed otherwise is a bad sign that he is looking to capitalize on the notoriety of this case to advance his own career.

Let me get this straight. You're preaching from atop Mt. Moral, yet suggesting lying to the cops is an "attractive" solution if certain people were involved?

Let me get this straight. You're preaching from atop Mt. Moral, yet suggesting lying to the cops is an "attractive" solution if certain people were involved?

:D:devil::P

Saints and Angels we are...Insects are the Bills.....

Round up Marshawn, Hardy, Parrish and the announce guy...shoot them all and let God figure it out!!!

Spread the message from atop Mt. Moral!! Spread it!

That the DA claimed otherwise is a bad sign that he is looking to capitalize on the notoriety of this case to advance his own career.

Only part of what you said that is wrong. Frank Clark, the ECDA, is retiring at the conclusion of this term. He will be out of office. His only interest is his buddies. Clark is backing his hand-picked successor, Frank Sedita III. Clark has a real interest in making sure that all of his mediocre cronies keep their jobs as bureau chiefs under Sedita. (Everyone knows that Sedita's opponent, Ken Case, is going to clean house.) Clark delivered Sedita the Democratic Party endorsement for this consideration.

I would disagree with this entire statement. A criminal record is certainly a very big deal in today's society. A civil suit is certainly much less of a deal. What, so ML can't get car insurance? Big judgement against him or the other passengers...declare bankruptcy if you can't pay it. Its discharged. A criminal record...never goes away.

You've completely missed the point.

At the time of writing this post, were you drinking? Let's focus on YOUR lack of regard for the English language. This, I refuse to be flippant about. :D