One week from today...

To be honest, I am not getting my hopes up because I do not want to be disappointed; but, I really hope Walsh does have enough details to rip the curtain down on the *'s whole 'model of the NFL' operation.

The ideal scenario is that Walsh has tapes of the Rams practicing before the Super Bowl, along with film of the Bills practicing before the 31-0 drubbing we endured years ago…and a ton of others. Will that happen? Probably not, but it would be so great!

if they go down, and bellycheat gets trashed, i am going to be so happy it will be insane.

i will be throwing spinning back kicks into the faces and chests of known or suspected pats fans all damn day!!

if they go down, and bellycheat gets trashed, i am going to be so happy it will be insane.

i will be throwing spinning back kicks into the faces and chests of known or suspected pats fans all damn day!!

I'm a bit less dramatic on this.

As Chandler said, league integrity is at stake here. It's one thing to take down the Pats* and Belichick, but what that also does is put a huge black eye on the league that may not be recoverable for a very long time. If Roger Goodell is willing to let that happen, then more power to him.

The more important issue at hand is that the league takes a major hit....if something comes out of the Walsh meetings.

As Chandler said, league integrity is at stake here. It's one thing to take down the Pats* and Belichick, but what that also does is put a huge black eye on the league that may not be recoverable for a very long time. If Roger Goodell is willing to let that happen, then more power to him.

The more important issue at hand is that the league takes a major hit....if something comes out of the Walsh meetings.

you're not.... a pats* fan... are you?

*slowl drifts into chest kick stance*

How does everyone think this might compare in terms of damage to the league vs. the NBA ref who was found betting on games (don't remember if they were games that he had officiated)? That seemed to be big league-busting news at the break, but it died down in fairly short order.

I, too, don't expect that anything of substance/consequence will be revealed b/c TPTB won't allow it. Same reason Goodell destroyed all of the Spygate materials. Walsh doesn't have much to gain (maybe a book deal?) and a lot to lose.

hahahah

I DON'T WANT TO HIT AN INNOCENT BILLS FAN, BUT I WILL IF I HAVE TOO!!!!11

*PATS ARE KNOWN FOR SPYING, WE CAN'T LET ONE OF THEM GET IN HERE!!!

better to hit one innocent bills fan than to let a scumbag pats* one get away free.

To be honest, I am not getting my hopes up because I do not want to be disappointed; but, I really hope Walsh does have enough details to rip the curtain down on the *'s whole 'model of the NFL' operation.

Prepare to be disappointed if you feel that the government is going to visit this. For years, Mass. Sen Ted Kennedy defended Lynn, Mass. based GE against their years of PCB dumpings into the Hudson and other rivers, until taxpayers across the nation shared in the clean-up costs.

Ted will do no less to protect Kraft and his asset...

How does everyone think this might compare in terms of damage to the league vs. the NBA ref who was found betting on games (don't remember if they were games that he had officiated)? That seemed to be big league-busting news at the break, but it died down in fairly short order.

I, too, don't expect that anything of substance/consequence will be revealed b/c TPTB won't allow it. Same reason Goodell destroyed all of the Spygate materials. Walsh doesn't have much to gain (maybe a book deal?) and a lot to lose.

Nobody knows what games the NBA ref 'altered'. If the Pats did tape St. Lou prior to the SB, there could be titles stripped. Fair or not, people lose their jobs over W's vs L's and if I were one of those casulties, I'd be speaking to a lawyer.

Just one aspect of a Pandora's plethera of backlash.

Nobody knows what games the NBA ref 'altered'. If the Pats did tape St. Lou prior to the SB, there could be titles stripped. Fair or not, people lose their jobs over W's vs L's and if I were one of those casulties, I'd be speaking to a lawyer.

MLB has done pretty well after the many debacles they have endured over the last 10-15 years. The NHL, while not at the same level, seems to have recovered nicely after the lockout. The NBA hardly stuttered after the referee incident.

This episode with the Pats* may be a different caliber, but I have all the faith in the world that the public, no matter how badly tarnished the league may be after this, will forgive and forget faster that you can say "F$%! the Cheatriots."

They'd never strip titles, they are too in love with the Pats. PLUS it's all a conspiracy by the current administration. Anyone else ever find it funny how the "Patriots" are untouchable when there's a war going on? As soon as we pull out of the Middle East, Tom Brady will get genital herpes, mark my words.

They'd never strip titles, they are too in love with the Pats. PLUS it's all a conspiracy by the current administration. Anyone else ever find it funny how the "Patriots" are untouchable when there's a war going on? As soon as we pull out of the Middle East, Tom Brady will get genital herpes, mark my words.

:P

The Commish already admitted that the Patriots have been illegally videotaping since 2000. So they've been cheating all along. And without anyone else being implicated, it's just been them. So there's really nothing more Walsh can add, other than a tape of the walkthrough which will allegedly earn Belichick a huge 1-year suspension. Please.

IMO, the NFL's crown will not get tarnished unless somehow it gets out that more than NE was cheating. If they can limit the collateral damage to the Cheatriots, in many ways they control their destiny based on the way they handle it. The agreement with Walsh allows him to keep a copy of most everything, so if the league tries to destroy the evidence like before, it will rise from the ashes to haunt them.

The most likely outcome is that Walsh has incriminating evidence such as tapes and NE manages to create a reasonable doubt that he did it without the blessing of Belicheat, his staff, and Kraft. They will claim that he did it on his own and he will state that he was following orders. Then it all gets down to who will corroborate Walsh's claim. That's the real question in all this...

There are people who know what games he altered, and its the bookies. Seem to remember hearing some books talking about how the betting would change dramitically when he was was announced

The ideal scenario is that Walsh has tapes of the Rams practicing before the Super Bowl, along with film of the Bills practicing before the 31-0 drubbing we endured years ago…and a ton of others. Will that happen? Probably not, but it would be so great!

it's never been more fitting to say then now:

they are who we thought they are.

and let's be blunt, the only possible explanation for that 31-0 loss at the hands of the...the...the...THEM is surreptitiously gathered footage of our own pre-game walk through, likely liberally sprinkled with some upskirt camera phone shots...

it will be interesting to see how this plays out. you gotta think walsh has some version of what he says he has, else he looks like a total d-bag. that leaves the question on whether or not BB 'ordered' the taping, something difficult to prove without evidence. alas, the wheels of the machine will likely crush this story to shmitereens long before anything comes out of it. but...

they are who we thought they are...

No doubt, there would be lawyers out there willing to see if they could knock down a settlement on a contingent fee basis, but any reputable lawyer would tell you that there is a problem of proving causation. First, you would have to prove, at least by a preponderance of the evidence, that this taping altered the outcome of the game. That would be a tough one to prove, because the Patties lost games notwithstanding the cheating. Then, you would have to prove that you lost your job as a direct result of the loss in which the Patties cheated. That would be even tougher in my opinion, because I don't think too many people get fired for a specific loss to one team.

One interesting suit would be a fan class action lawsuit, but again, damages would have to be limited to ticket holders of games in which they saw their team play the Pats, and it just wouldn't amount to enough money to make it worthwhile for the money grubbing class action lawyers to attempt it.

I think for the most part, any lawsuits would be knocked down quickly, and once a few of them are thrown out, the run to the courthouse would stop.

However, I do think the reputation of the league would suffer significantly, and the rep of Belicheat and the Patsies legacy would be the hardest hit of all.

I know I am going to get blasted for saying this. But if no proof is presented, all we will be left with is a bunch of conspiracy theories and feel-good discussions about how we all know the Pats* cheated.

Re-read my post. Goodell stated that the Patriots have been videotaping (illegally) since 2000. He didn't name any other teams, nor have any other teams been accused of doing it. Therefore it's more than just a bunch of conspiracy theories and feel-good discussions.

Why more hasn't been made of this, I don't know. But they're guilty no matter what Walsh produces, based on the Commish's admission, in light of getting caught red-handed in 2007.

Re-read my post. Goodell stated that the Patriots have been videotaping (illegally) since 2000. He didn't name any other teams, nor have any other teams been accused of doing it. Therefore it's more than just a bunch of conspiracy theories and feel-good discussions.

Why more hasn't been made of this, I don't know. But they're guilty no matter what Walsh produces, based on the Commish's admission, in light of getting caught red-handed in 2007.

What's going to happen? Nothing significent . They lose their trophy? they have to give up their SB rings.. some of which are in Pawn shops?