I am having a really @$*$*$*$# day

OK...so my daily routine is to drop my kids off for school, make a pitstop at the Wallmart to pick up a few things needed for the house and my lunch....and then head off to work.

Dropped kids off......check

Now I am on my way to wall mart....and this old beat up car pulls out in front of me.....I mean RIGHT in front of me.

OK...I live in California where we have a ton of rude people.....no problem.....I slow down so I dont hit the car.

Now the car proceeds to drive 15 miles an hour in a 45 mile an hour zone.....I am late for work but no problem probably some senior citisen who will turn off any second now....I give her some room and proceed down the road.

The car stops.....DEAD IN ITS TRACKS...no reason at all. But I am now alert that we have driver who hasn't had their morning coffee yet so I stop in plent y of time. Then the car picks up speed......I accellerate to....making sure to give the car room.

It does it AGAIN. OK....now I am pissed but hold my composure. The car goes through a light and then all of a sudden pulls over on the side of the road. I have absolutely no idea what the problem is.

As I drive past I have some old lady who looks like she just rolled out of bed chewing me out.

OK I really have no time for this so I just drive past......I look in my rearview mirror and the lady is FOLLOWING ME. I am like OK I am going to just pretend this isn't happening....she will lose interest and go whereever it is she going.

I pull into the wallmart parking lot make stop to allow an old lady to take walk across with her walker. I look in my rearview mirror and the lady is RIGHT BEHIND ME.....chewing me out.

Ignoring her....I pull into a parking space and park. I get out of my car and see that the old lady has flagged down a lady wall mart "security" person (Who have no real authority at all.....they drive around the parkign lot with a wierd looking cop like light on the top of their car and are usually senior citisens)

As I walk past them (I have to in order to go inside) the lady in the car nearly runs me down as she speeds past....she has this really strange look in her eyes like she is horrified of me (now.....I am a imposing people to some as I am over 6' tall and a large person....but I did not make one threatening move towards person)

So as I walk in the security lady tells me that the old lady is calling the cops and says that I tried to run her off the road. She then goes on to say that the lady appears to be "off" and to go ahead and do my shopping she would take care of it.

I am in the Wall mart for about 15 minutes.

When I come out of the Wall mart the security lady is standing by my Hyandai. The first thing I am thinking is "WTF is going on now!"

Apparently while I was in the Wall mart the old lady had taken something out of her car (The security lady said it looked like one of those Club Anti Theft devices you put on your steering wheel) and was going to apparently go to town on my Hyandai. The security person spent the last 10 minutes talking her out of it and when the old lady saw that I was coming out of the store she ran jumped in her car and drove off.

The security person asked if I wanted to file a report with the police but I was already totally late for work and said no.

Hopefully the rest of the day will be better

OK...so my daily routine is to drop my kids off for school, make a pitstop at the Wallmart to pick up a few things needed for a lady wall mart "security" person (Who have no real authority at all.....they drive around the parkign lot with a wierd looking cop like light on the top of their car and are usually senior citisens)

Guess she had just enough authority after all didn't she?

Apparently while I was in the Wall mart the old lady had taken something out of her car (The security lady said it looked like one of those Club Anti Theft devices you put on your steering wheel) and was going to apparently go to town on my Hyandai. The security person spent the last 10 minutes talking her out of it and when the old lady saw that I was coming out of the store she ran jumped in her car and drove off.

Well, there's your problem.

That is odd. Usually, when I run old ladies off the road, they don't come back bitching about it to me... ;)

Well DC...in retrospect I am wondering had I done what she accused me of would I have been better off?

At least she wouldnt be chasing me down in the Wallmart parking lot (maybe)

The thing I really hated was I didn't want to come across to the security person and the people passing by as some guy picking on a little old lady (and thankfully I didnt......everybody thought she was a loon)

The security person asked if I wanted to file a report with the police but I was already totally late for work and said no.

Hopefully the rest of the day will be better

Good that you didn't...something was wrong with that person. ;)

Sounds like the lady might be suffering from something like Alzheimer's disease, John. That sad malady isn't just forgetfulness - it also causes depression, bi-polar behavior, schitzophrenia, the whole gamut of mental disorders as one's brain is ravaged.

More and more of such going on, as our lives extend with medical advances. Perhaps too long. My Mother, who died peacefully in the night, was worried that someday she would lose her "buttons". Thankfully, she passed on ahead with her wits intact.

I had something similar a few years ago. Going down a 2 lane road by my house, speed limit is 35 and the guy in front is going 20. I come up close to him a couple times thinking maybe he doesn't know there's cars behind him. He doesn't speed up, so I try to pass. When I try he speeds up to keep me from passing, then slows down when I get behind. Finally he just stops his car in the road. I was so pissed, despite my wife telling me not to, I got out and walked up to his window. I say, "What the hell are you doing, do you know the speed limit?" Wimpy looking guy, not old, says he's tired of people driving too fast on that road. I remind him of the speed limit and tell him to get out of the way if he wants to go slower. He said something back and I challenged him to get out of the car. He said he was going to sue me if I hit him. I yelled for him to get the F out of the way and went back to my car. By this time there's a line of 6 cars behind us. I pass around him and my wife chewed me out and said what if the guy had a gun. I was too mad to think that far ahead.

Pasta,

Down here the problem with males doing stupid @hit happens all the time. Usually where things get crazy is when I am going down the freeway going totally fast enough to be in the fast lane (ususally at least 10 miles over the speed limit....depending on the speed of the traffic sometimes faster)

Then here comes somebody going along like they are auditioning to be a racecar driver weaving through traffic and getting right on your bumper to move. It usually ends up with them chewing me out...me giving them a invitation to get off on the next offramp to discuss it....and they give me their IQ and speeding off to do it to the next guy. We have a lot of road rage shootings down here.

This is different though. I am not going to argue with some woman.....but I certainly am not going to stand by and watch some crazy woman beat up my car even if it is a piece of S#hit.....its the only thing I have to drive.

Going into Walmart is a part of your DAILY routine???

I'd lose my mind if I had to go into walmart on a daily basis.

I thought that was the weirdest part of the story.

All of the other things have happened to me.

Going into Walmart is a part of your DAILY routine???

I'd lose my mind if I had to go into walmart on a daily basis.

My wife was out doing some shopping. We're taking a vacation next week and she went to get a bathing suit among other things. She walks in with her suit in a WalMart bag.

I said "you went shopping at WalMart??"

She said "yes."

My reply: "oh wow....sorry to hear that."

First time you've ever met a member of Molson's family, John?

I can see Molson's post :

" I had just got back from cashing my unemployment check and stopping at the comic book store and upstairs I hear Ma come in all mad at someone that cut her off on the way to the WalMart ..."

Then here comes somebody going along like they are auditioning to be a racecar driver weaving through traffic and getting right on your bumper to move. It usually ends up with them chewing me out...me giving them a invitation to get off on the next offramp to discuss it....and they give me their IQ and speeding off to do it to the next guy. We have a lot of road rage shootings down here.

When my brother lived in the south, he always said the redneck drivers where much worse on Monday mornings after a NASCAR weekend. Worse still if they had a #3 sticker. :P

I had something similar a few years ago. Going down a 2 lane road by my house, speed limit is 35 and the guy in front is going 20. I come up close to him a couple times thinking maybe he doesn't know there's cars behind him. He doesn't speed up, so I try to pass. When I try he speeds up to keep me from passing, then slows down when I get behind. Finally he just stops his car in the road. I was so pissed, despite my wife telling me not to, I got out and walked up to his window. I say, "What the hell are you doing, do you know the speed limit?" Wimpy looking guy, not old, says he's tired of people driving too fast on that road. I remind him of the speed limit and tell him to get out of the way if he wants to go slower. He said something back and I challenged him to get out of the car. He said he was going to sue me if I hit him. I yelled for him to get the F out of the way and went back to my car. By this time there's a line of 6 cars behind us. I pass around him and my wife chewed me out and said what if the guy had a gun. I was too mad to think that far ahead.

I'm willing to bet cold hard cash that you have punched or have been punched by somebody at a Bills/Sabres game.

Just a quick IMO, John. The hero of this story is the security lady. Next time you are at Walmart make it a point to tell the manager on duty that this employee kept your car from becoming a piñata. Pay it forward.

I did that this morning. Hard to find a manager but I was persistant.

I appreciate her looking out for my car but the thing I was really thankful for is that she didn't immediately judge me as a @sshole.

That is wierd John. By the way, what do you get from Walmart on a daily basis ?

Up in the front they have like 5 different types of pre made salad's, pastas, or deli sandwiches....at a good price. And the express checkout is right there so I am in and out in 10 minutes. I try to eat healthy at lunch nowadays and avoid the fast food.

Also.....there is usually something that is needed for the house and it is a super wall mart so it is all right there one stop. Like say I need to get a bag of dog food our vitimins or whatever just for instance.

I'm willing to bet cold hard cash that you have punched or have been punched by somebody at a Bills/Sabres game.

You'd be wrong, I haven't been in a fight since high school. I've been lucky that being 6'3" 235lbs, people usually back down without throwing a punch. My son is with me at sporting events and I point out the stupidity of the people that fight. Plus I make a point to sit in the family friendly section at Bills games to avoid the drunks. But there have been times when my son isn't around that I've been tempted to throw, like with the driver I mentioned.