Karl Malone

I actually have to give kudos to Allen Wilson for his insightful piece on Demetrius Bell (7th round pick). Karl Malone fathered him when he was a sophmore in college and his mother was only 13 years old. Malone later told Bell at age 18 that it was too late to be his father and he would have to "earn his money on his own."

Karl gets my vote for worst human ever and I wish Demetrius all the success in the world

Karl gets my vote for worst human ever

Um...I think that there were some that were worse. Knocking up a 13-year old and not being there for the kid is pretty low on the scale compare to other atrocities committed by people throughout all of history.

I think I heard some time ago that the Mailman's deliveries approach Travis Henry's numbers.

Malone is a real jerk for treating his son like that. As a father of two sons, I could never imagine doing what he did.

I actually have to give kudos to Allen Wilson for his insightful piece on Demetrius Bell (7th round pick). Karl Malone fathered him when he was a sophmore in college and his mother was only 13 years old. Malone later told Bell at age 18 that it was too late to be his father and he would have to "earn his money on his own."

Karl gets my vote for worst human ever and I wish Demetrius all the success in the world

Beat guys don't typically draw the attention lavished on columnists, but Wilson's better than some people might think. He wrote an outstanding column when the Golf Channel stuff hit the fan over the winter, his Tuesday Replays are always worth reading, and he nailed the top of the Bills draft in the Sporting News a couple of weeks ago:

"DRAFT BUZZ: The Bills want to add a big wide receiver but are skeptical there is one worth taking with the 11th pick. Even if they can't land a veteran wideout in a trade, they won't reach for one in the first round.

"TARGETING: The Bills want a wide receiver big enough to win jump balls, make catches in traffic and be a presence in the red zone. They would at least consider taking Michigan State's Devin Thomas in the first round. Indiana's James Hardy might be available in the second round. There is a good chance Buffalo will take a cornerback in the first round. Troy's Leodis McKelvin or Tennessee State's Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie would be hard to pass up... Up front, the team will look to add depth. The elite ends will go early, but USC's Lawrence Jackson or Virginia Tech's Chris Ellis could slip into the second or third round."

He brought the fastball on this piece, too, even if his personal revelation stopped me cold. I'm about to turn 40, and I can't begin to imagine living this long without ever meeting my father.

For those who haven't read the story yet, it's well worth a few minutes of your time. And yeah, <bleep> you, Karl Malone: Famous dad a footnote in Bell's life

Beat guys don't typically draw the attention lavished on columnists, but Wilson's better than some people might think. He wrote an outstanding column when the Golf Channel stuff hit the fan over the winter, his Tuesday Replays are always worth reading, and he nailed the top of the Bills draft in the Sporting News a couple of weeks ago:

"DRAFT BUZZ: The Bills want to add a big wide receiver but are skeptical there is one worth taking with the 11th pick. Even if they can't land a veteran wideout in a trade, they won't reach for one in the first round.

"TARGETING: The Bills want a wide receiver big enough to win jump balls, make catches in traffic and be a presence in the red zone. They would at least consider taking Michigan State's Devin Thomas in the first round. Indiana's James Hardy might be available in the second round. There is a good chance Buffalo will take a cornerback in the first round. Troy's Leodis McKelvin or Tennessee State's Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie would be hard to pass up... Up front, the team will look to add depth. The elite ends will go early, but USC's Lawrence Jackson or Virginia Tech's Chris Ellis could slip into the second or third round."

He brought the fastball on this piece, too, even if his personal revelation stopped me cold. I'm about to turn 40, and I can't begin to imagine living this long without ever meeting my father.

For those who haven't read the story yet, it's well worth a few minutes of your time. And yeah, <bleep> you, Karl Malone: Famous dad a footnote in Bell's life

agree - Wilson does very good work.

People should be more outraged about the THIRTEEN year old part than the absentee father! It's not like you can pass off a 13 year old as an adult, they still look like kids. What a sick pig. Interestingly enough, there are no statutory limitations on statutory rape and child abuse offenses. I wonder why Malone hasn't been prosecuted? Score another one for the justice system bending over for the rich.

People should be more outraged about the THIRTEEN year old part than the absentee father! It's not like you can pass off a 13 year old as an adult, they still look like kids. What a sick pig. Interestingly enough, there are no statutory limitations on statutory rape and child abuse offenses. I wonder why Malone hasn't been prosecuted? Score another one for the justice system bending over for the rich.

He was a college sophomore when Bell was born... so, maybe 19 at the oldest?

People should be more outraged about the THIRTEEN year old part than the absentee father! It's not like you can pass off a 13 year old as an adult, they still look like kids. What a sick pig.

Dr. Canadapervstein thinks that makes him cool.

He also is the father of Cheryl Ford who plays for the Detroit Shock and has little contact with. Her mom was also just 13 years of age when Karl got her pregnant. Hard to believe he never ended up in jail. Poor families in the deep south and being a star basketball player, a combination that saved hiss a$$

From Pro Football Talk and Mike Florio....wow...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/01/...been-a-jailman/

In the weeks preceding the NFL draft, we heard rumors involving former NBA star Karl Malone, a son who would be entering the NFL, and a timeline suggesting that the child’s mother might have been a child herself at the time of conception.

But since we continue to place not getting sued slightly above informing the readership on the list of PFT priorities, we left it alone.

Now, however, the stories are gurgling to the surface regarding Bills rookie tackle Demetrius Bell. Writes Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News: “His mother, Gloria Bell, reportedly was only 13 years old and Malone a college sophomore at Louisiana Tech when Demetrius was born. Malone might have served jail time had her family asked the district attorney to file criminal charges.”

Malone had no involvement in the rearing of the child. They first met when Demetrius Bell was 18, and Malone reportedly said to him that it was too late to be his father, and that Bell would have to “earn his money on his own.”

Though we’re not quite sure why the decision of the family to not press charges kept Malone from spending what would have been his early years with the Utah Jazz doing the Jailhouse Rock, it appears that the man who wanted no involvement in the life of his son could have had a life that turned out extremely differently if the age-of-consent laws that routinely get applied to so many others had been applied to him.

While he might be a scumbag, the worlds biggest? Have your forgotten about the following?

Wall and Hall of Famer - O J Simpson

Drew Peterson

Altemio Sanchez

Roger Clemens

Elliot Spitzer

Bryan Cox

Sean Avery

Can you imagine having a 27-year old son already? Bell's mom is still younger than some of our veterans. Can we give Demetrious a little f-you Karl bonus?