If Hardy is a bust...

otisly00

During his first season I think Hardy's presence in the #2 spot translates into big numbers for Evans, Parrish and Reed. At nearly 6'7" he is certainly going to draw attention from opposing defenses and will draw major attention in the red zone. He'll make his catches and is certainly going to grab some scores but his position will mainly be to free up Evans and Parrish/Reed.

It doesn't worry me all that much, he will draw attention off of Evans who managed 1200+ yards with Peerless Price as his #2, Peerless wasn't exactly stellar.

As for Malcolm Kelly, after his bad pro-days I've come to view him more as an underweight Tight End. The guy is just plain slow, hands or no hands a legit NFL receiver needs to be able to break away.

wait a minute...i thought he was 6'9"? :w00t:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on what you consider a bust. Do I expect him to have 700+ yards next year? No. I do however expect him to catch the ball in the redzone when they get down there every time it is thrown to him. If he only gets 450-500yds but 8-10 TDs and improves our red zone play, which sucks, I think it would be a pretty good return on our investment

i've been reading this board for several years now, but i've just noticed how many immature fools post on a consistent basis. Every post starts with an opinion (which is what a board is for) and then the poster is immediately attacked and there is just bullsh-t responses. Many of you must be really bored needing to start so much sh-- all the time. Get a hobby or a girlfriend or something.

What if hardy is a bust? do we draft another WR next year? trade for one? count on roscoe, lee and josh this year? mike williams a suppossed 'cant miss' didnt even see the field his 1st year. or the dude for the saints last year.....our offense cant afford that this year if we want to go anywhere.

Can we let the kid play 1 !@#$ing year . Please

If Hardy is a bust? The Bills punt. Often.

Again.

I'm inclined to agree with the resident wino, though:

Can we let the kid play 1 !@#$ing year . Please

I have a bad feeling this guy isnt going to translate into a legimate NFL WR. I wouldnt mind sitting here today with Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelley on the roster...with the high probabilty of WR busts the skins hedged their bet....

...thanks for playing.

i've been reading this board for several years now, but i've just noticed how many immature fools post on a consistent basis. Every post starts with an opinion (which is what a board is for) and then the poster is immediately attacked and there is just bullsh-t responses. Many of you must be really bored needing to start so much sh-- all the time. Get a hobby or a girlfriend or something.

What if hardy is a bust? do we draft another WR next year? trade for one? count on roscoe, lee and josh this year? mike williams a suppossed 'cant miss' didnt even see the field his 1st year. or the dude for the saints last year.....our offense cant afford that this year if we want to go anywhere.

I agree, you shouldn't get crucified just because you expressed your opinion, regardless if it's right or wrong.

I don't expect Hardy to be a bust at all but I guess there are no guarantees. The Bills did draft another WR, his name is Steve Johnson. If Hardy lands up being a bust then can Johnson be a hidden diamond? My point is we have to trust our front office at this time and hope for the best. I'm sure that Buffalo didn't put all their chips (no pun intended) on Hardy. Relax for now and let's see what the next couple of months bring.

No big deal. He's a second round pick, won't make a ton of money, not a huge loss if he turns into a bust. I'd be more worried if I'm the Lions and Calvin Johnson turns into a bust.

But I think people need to temper their expectations with Hardy. Almost all rookie WR's struggle. I'd be happy if all we get from him ithis year is a lot of redzone touches, and maybe 300-400 yards for the season.

I think you're exactly right. A WR like Hardy isn't meant to be a star or have big stats, he just has to be able to provide Evans with the opportunity of being effective. Evans is our star WR, I'm convinced that Buffalo will re-sign him all the more now that I see who they drafted to compliment him.

ummm NO? not like Hardy is going to get a new contract after next season, and who replaces Lee? If Hardy replaces Lee, who repaces Hardy? WTF you don't just let him leave, now if he doesn't want to be here you can't do anything about that.

What if Lee Evans and Hardy bust this yr? DO we draft 4 wr's next yr...I was and still am being sarcastic...Take the worm off the hook before you swallow..LOL

"In fact, what happens if you trip on your way to lunch today, crack your head on the ground, and lose whatever memory you have of the last 8 years?"

Then he will forget that he ever made such a ridiculous post......and will be right there with the rest of us when Hardy outjumps some poor patriot corner for a touchdown

it got a little old arguing about why we drafted a RB, or 3 CB's, or if DJ should be fired after this year...or talking about the draft period. Does it hurt to look ahead? Give me something thats not so ridiculous to talk about now that our passing game is obviously solidified.

If you're going to create a thread on an internet message board like this, either nut up for some jokes, ridicule or criticism, or find something else to do that won't chafe your ass so easily.

If you're going to create a thread on an internet message board like this, either nut up for some jokes, ridicule or criticism, or find something else to do that won't chafe your ass so easily.

Thanks for the advice Mom!! I'll be sure to send some flowers for Mothers Day in a couple weeks.

it got a little old arguing about why we drafted a RB, or 3 CB's, or if DJ should be fired after this year...or talking about the draft period. Does it hurt to look ahead? Give me something thats not so ridiculous to talk about now that our passing game is obviously solidified.

Actually otis I was trying to make a joke.....:w00t: no offense meant

What do we do if Hardy is a bust? Well.....we will obviously move on and find somebody else.

But think about this for a minute......IF HE IS A BUST....then we can thank the lucky stars that the bills stuck to their guns and their draft board and did not move up to get him....making him a less expensive pick.

And on top of that sometimes it is the trade that you do not make (there are reports coming out that the bills tried to move up) what if they were actually trying to move up for Hardy....the giants refused.....and we got him with the 2nd. This would have cost us even more cap.

BUT its ok because he isn't going to be a bust.....he is going to be one of the greatest Wideouts the bills have every had and a perfect compliment to Evans.

I have a bad feeling this guy isnt going to translate into a legimate NFL WR. I wouldnt mind sitting here today with Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelley on the roster...with the high probabilty of WR busts the skins hedged their bet....

This post is the epitome of the mopes around here.

Question Hardy over guys like Thomas, Sweed and Kelly is valid because of Hardy's build. The only guy out there who has Hardy's build and has had any success is Burress, and it took him 4 years to get going. Moss is somewhat similar, but he is more compact.

Hardy is a "gimmick" pick. Much like Roscoe Parrish was a "gimmick" pick. I have a good feeling that he will be a nice target in the red zone, but what about the other 80% of the plays?

The Bills are sticking themselves out there on this pick, so in that sense I have confidence in it. He did put up big numbers in the Big 10. Then again, so did Mike Hart and he almost didn't get drafted.

We needed some immediate help with offensive targets, and we walked away with a basketball shooting forward, and nice white boy from Kansas.

There is room for concern.

Question Hardy over guys like Thomas, Sweed and Kelly is valid because of Hardy's build. The only guy out there who has Hardy's build and has had any success is Burress, and it took him 4 years to get going. Moss is somewhat similar, but he is more compact.

Hardy is a "gimmick" pick. Much like Roscoe Parrish was a "gimmick" pick. I have a good feeling that he will be a nice target in the red zone, but what about the other 80% of the plays?

The Bills are sticking themselves out there on this pick, so in that sense I have confidence in it. He did put up big numbers in the Big 10. Then again, so did Mike Hart and he almost didn't get drafted.

We needed some immediate help with offensive targets, and we walked away with a basketball shooting forward, and nice white boy from Kansas.

There is room for concern.

I agree completely. All along i thought we needed a big possession receiver (or a big competent TE), which i thought a guy like Sweed would fill the role better. Yes, Hardy is tall, yes Hardy can jump, but in all the tape/all i've read, it seems he is more of a deep ball, jump ball type of reciever. We still need that big moulds-type of guy (in his prime) that can muscle up with a CB and get those 10 yrd balls across the middle. Maybe i'm off base and Hardy is this guy...but doesnt seem to be.

All along i thought we needed a big possession receiver (or a big competent TE), which i thought a guy like Sweed would fill the role better. Yes, Hardy is tall, yes Hardy can jump, but in all the tape/all i've read, it seems he is more of a deep ball, jump ball type of reciever. We still need that big moulds-type of guy (in his prime) that can muscle up with a CB and get those 10 yrd balls across the middle. Maybe i'm off base and Hardy is this guy...but doesnt seem to be.

Huh. Of all the Sweed highlights I saw, he didn't come across as that kind of player either. Usually, he was lined up against some stumble bum CB who got his feet tangled up and let him blow by, or gave up a ten yard cushion. In contrast, the Hardy highlights showed DBs with good coverage getting out-jumped/muscled for the catch.

I agree completely. All along i thought we needed a big possession receiver (or a big competent TE), which i thought a guy like Sweed would fill the role better. Yes, Hardy is tall, yes Hardy can jump, but in all the tape/all i've read, it seems he is more of a deep ball, jump ball type of reciever. We still need that big moulds-type of guy (in his prime) that can muscle up with a CB and get those 10 yrd balls across the middle. Maybe i'm off base and Hardy is this guy...but doesnt seem to be.

Of course you agree with him he said the same thing you did. If he said you were wrong or if he disagreed you would B word about people insulting you. The fact of the matter is that since you have 1 or 2 people who agree with your point of view, and 20+ who disagree (or more) leads me to believe maybe you should rethink your opinion a little...or not w/e doesn't matter.

Of course you agree with him he said the same thing you did. If he said you were wrong or if he disagreed you would B word about people insulting you. The fact of the matter is that since you have 1 or 2 people who agree with your point of view, and 20+ who disagree (or more) leads me to believe maybe you should rethink your opinion a little...or not w/e doesn't matter.

nice one buddy. go re read our posts and tell me its the same thing. I can find more than 1 or 2 people who have questions on Hardy and his impact on the Bills. Lastly, you seem to be the same little brat i see lurking around the message boards trying to instigate - keep em coming. Miss you.

- BFF

If Hardy was a "big for nothing" that just got drafted on his gawdy measurables then I would be a little worried.....

But that isn't the case....he has an insane amount of touchdowns in the college

To me he seems like the perfect fit.....he isn't slow but can be a "move the chains" guy while taking an occasional deep shot at evans when we are passing......

And in the end zone he has a distinct advantage because of his size and leaping ability.....how many times did we see good teams use a big te in a basketball lob in the end zone for a touchdown.

Keep in mind....we are not asking for him to be the savior of the team.....Marshawn Lynch has that covered. We just need to throw there and there to keep defenses honest and the extra defender out of the box and then keep them guessing in the red zone.

I bet our QB is just beaming right now......look who he has to throw to and hand the ball off to.

If Hardy was a "big for nothing" that just got drafted on his gawdy measurables then I would be a little worried.....

To me he seems like the perfect fit.....he isn't slow but can be a "move the chains" guy while taking an occasional deep shot at evans when we are passing......

And in the end zone he has a distinct advantage because of his size and leaping ability.....how many times did we see good teams use a big te in a basketball lob in the end zone for a touchdown.

Keep in mind....we are not asking for him to be the savior of the team..... Gibran Hamdan has that covered. We just need to throw there and there to keep defenses honest and the extra defender out of the box and then keep them guessing in the red zone.

I bet our QB is just beaming right now......look who he has to throw to and hand the ball off to.

Fixed it

it's true that a lot of this team's 08' season rides on this young man's performance. if he doesn't pan out (and I have no reason to think he'll be a bust), then Bills will struggle to finish around .500 again. you can have all the defense in the world but if your offense can't score and keep the defense off the field, doesn't mean a hill of beans

it's true that a lot of this team's 08' season rides on this young man's performance. if he doesn't pan out (and I have no reason to think he'll be a bust), then Bills will struggle to finish around .500 again. you can have all the defense in the world but if your offense can't score and keep the defense off the field, doesn't mean a hill of beans

You're avatar has to go. :w00t:

Keep in mind....we are not asking for him to be the savior of the team.....Marshawn Lynch has that covered. We just need to throw there and there to keep defenses honest and the extra defender out of the box and then keep them guessing in the red zone.

good points. i know its impossible to get a tall leaper that can stretch the field and can also go across the middle and muscle up....unless your name is TO!!

I'm happy with Hardy....hope he pans out and we sign Evans and dont have to worry about WR for a couple years...

I don't see why it's even a question. If Hardy busts, then we're in trouble and we have to try to find another big WR. It's the same thing that would happen with any other team that has a bust at a position of need. You experience the consequences, and then you try again.

Ashton Youboty busts, so you draft Leodis McKelvin.

What if a massive gamma ray burst occurs? The Bills are doomed!

December 21, 2012

good points. i know its impossible to get a tall leaper that can stretch the field and can also go across the middle and muscle up....unless your name is TO!!

I'm happy with Hardy....hope he pans out and we sign Evans and dont have to worry about WR for a couple years...

Make that a few years! :w00t: