best one hit wonder song

Pete

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to love the video! I do not know what I mind more entertaining- the random leg shot or the overzealousness of the backup singer

80s videos are great. They have a certain rustic charm. Not a lot of money put in to them and most looked like they were rushed out.

Flagpole Sitta and C'Mon Eileen were pretty good.

check out harvey danger's album that came out about 2ish years ago...actually the entire album is quite enjoyable (and i had only heard flagpole sitta prior to hearing the album so i am not a "true fan," i simply like it)

check out harvey danger's album that came out about 2ish years ago...actually the entire album is quite enjoyable (and i had only heard flagpole sitta prior to hearing the album so i am not a "true fan," i simply like it)

I like that whole album too. And Carlotta Valdez rocks. Flagpole sita is a bad ass tune though

Great song, Norman Greenbaum is a dentist now.

Head East's "Never Been Any Reason" from the album "Flat as a Pancake". Any decent bar cover band has got to have this in their song lists

Great song!

<_<

You forgot their other hit! :worthy:

One of my personal favorites... "Brother Louie" by Stories

I used to take guitar lessons from the lead guitar player (Steve Love) before this song came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl5mcWf5Qws

That is a good song.

Tom Petty does a cover of "Something in the air.".

No, I don't know that. :cry:

Might have been a bit quick with that checkmate (although Driver's Seat is awesome) . . . I prefer this one.

Power Pop's Greatest Moment

My Sharona! :)

How about this one? :lol:

I agree with this Youtube comment-

this song was wayyyyyy ahead of it's time! Just listen to the recording, the textures, the effects, delays and distortion...Really, low Bass

Way ahead of its time. Hard to believe that was 1973. That song bumps!

I don't know if David Essex could count as a one hit wonder, he was a major British act for quite some while.

In the UK he had nine top ten singles and several albums and he was successful elsewhere as well. The US market traditionally has been difficult for British bands to make heavy inroads into.

One hit wonders are those that have but a single hit anywhere, IMHO.