How many tattoos do you have?

Thirdborn

Nobody touches me. :unsure: T

Lighten up Francis.

No tats here.

Back in the early 80s I worked with a waitress that wanted to get a scorpion on her hip because "The Scorpions are one of the best bands ever". We talked her out of it by having her picture what she'd look like at 65 with a winkled and saggy scorpion.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lighten up Francis.

No tats here.

Back in the early 80s I worked with a waitress that wanted to get a scorpion on her hip because "The Scorpions are one of the best bands ever". We talked her out of it by having her picture what she'd look like at 65 with a winkled and saggy scorpion.

I never understood that argument. What the hell would anyone care what some 65 year olds hip looks like??? Or anything on a 65 year old for that matter.

One tattoo that means something to you I kind of understand. But some of the people with them all over their body to me just looks pretty stupid. I had a guy come looking for a position with my firm and I could see tattoos on his neck. He seemed pretty smart and could have done well with us. But there is no way I'd hire someone that has visible tattoos like that on them.

Do you deal with outside parties, like in sales? ...and is that the reason?

One tattoo that means something to you I kind of understand. But some of the people with them all over their body to me just looks pretty stupid. I had a guy come looking for a position with my firm and I could see tattoos on his neck. He seemed pretty smart and could have done well with us. But there is no way I'd hire someone that has visible tattoos like that on them.

None for me.

Chef, off topic I just bought some swiss diamond cook ware. What do you use at home and what are your thoughts on the swiss diamond? I really like the stuff. Wasnt cheap either.

I didn't mean to imply that I don't like people looking at them. I almost exclusively wear tanks in the summer to accentuate my ink. There is a certain vanity involved. There is also the deep seeded issues as to why people change there appearance, probably stemming from some sort of self-esteem issues.

So say you have a piece that took 3 and 1/2 hours to complete. Does the procedure actually hurt?

I never understood that argument. What the hell would anyone care what some 65 year olds hip looks like??? Or anything on a 65 year old for that matter.

It wasn't the tattoo itself. It was that it was a scorpion for the band "The Scorpions". She was convinced they would be superstars.

44 and ditto....although my wisdom teeth are only there because i am a chicken schidt....my dentist isnt happy with me at the present moment

Good luck with the wisdom teeth. You might as well get it done. The sooner the better. I got mine out in college about 13yrs ago. My jaw felt like it was broken for 2 months.

i was going to get my sons name tattoed on me, but I decided to name a star after him instead...seems like a good investment too

Smart move, someday that star will pay for his college.

To each his own -- I respect the fact that certain individuals use tattoos as a means of self-expression (and some cultures demand it). I, however, have no ink and never intend to change that. I'm not a prude, I'm not particularly shy, and I don't lack self-confidence. I also don't do what "everybody" is doing. I find the whole thing a bit too permanent for my liking. I'm particularly impressed when I see a young lady (between the ages of 18 and 35) who doesn't have a tattoo, because getting one is certainly the "in" thing to do. Having a butterfly stamped above your ass doesn't mean you're particularly "deep."

Do you deal with outside parties, like in sales? ...and is that the reason?

We manage money. And the first question I ask myself when I'm recruiting someone is would I let them manage my money. Someone with visible tatoos is pretty much out. In my mind you limit yourself as to what careers you can get into when you're covered in tattoos.

I thought you were serious for a minute.

I've always thought that selling stars was a great business. Think about it, there are billions of them, the paperwork is minimal and it's probably one of the few things that you can sell multiple times to different people and they wouldn't even know. Money, money, money.