How many tattoos do you have?

Thirdborn

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you tell him you'll pay to add "18-1" to the Pats* tat? <_<

Of course, for me the answer is zero. Can't donate blood for twelve months after getting one; thinking about the reason for that rule is enough to dissuade me.

Has more to do with the possible spread of diseases from needles than anything with the ink.

Red Cross

Tattoo

Wait 12 months after a tattoo if the tattoo was applied in a state that does not regulate tattoo facilities. This requirement is related to concerns about hepatitis. Learn more about hepatitis and blood donation.

Acceptable if the tattoo was applied by a state-regulated entity using sterile needles and ink that is not reused. Only a few states currently regulate tattoo facilities, so most donors with tattoos must wait 12 months after tattoo application before donating blood. You should discuss your particular situation with the health historian at the time of donation.

They have to err on the side of caution, and make a sweeping rule like that. But any decent tattoo shop will be over top clean to put their clients at rest. They'll open new ink, new needles from sealed packages (new needles throughout the job), all done in front of you so you can see it happening. It's not an unclean business.

I have none, but I came across this website of Science Tattoos. People who work in the sciences who have science-based tats, like physics equations, the periodic table, even the nitrogen cycle. Some of these are great.

If "pushed," I'd probably get a tattoo of Gibbs' entropy equation. Sure, Boltzmann's would be a gas, but all things being unequal, I'd have to go with Gibbs.