How many tattoos do you have?

Thirdborn

it doesnt, i dont really even notice them and im more covered than our resident "inkman". i just like getting/having them.

No disrespect, Dank. I've just seen on occasion a few tats folks get pissed when some folk are looking at their tats.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesnt, i dont really even notice them and im more covered than our resident "inkman". i just like getting/having them.

I wish I had the expendable income to get all the ink I would like. The whole wife/kid/house thingy kinda derailed that.

No disrespect, Dank. I've just seen on occasion a few tats folks get pissed when some folk are looking at their tats.

People do ask some dumb questions. Like if a piece that took 3 and 1/2 hours actually hurt, but I always politely respond or just feed them a line of BS.

People do ask some dumb questions. Like if a piece that took 3 and 1/2 hours actually hurt, but I always politely respond or just feed them a line of BS.

I'm not being rude here. I'm curious. I've had my opportunities to get Tats. Just wondering what drives someone to paint their body, then doesnt want anybody to look at it.....

i dont mind if people want to check them out and come up and say something. thats cool.

and it actually worked out in my favor once. when Matthew Fox was down in atlanta filming We are Marshall, my friends and i ended up watching a World Cup game on the same patio as he and his friends. he made a comment about my tattoos (he has a BUNCH) and that opened my path to grilling him about LOST for the next 3 hours :unsure: (haha jk, i told him i was a fan of the show and we moved the conversation back to soccer)

I'm not being rude here. I'm curious. I've had my opportunities to get Tats. Just wondering what drives someone to paint their body, then doesnt want anybody to look at it.....

I didn't mean to imply that I don't like people looking at them. I almost exclusively wear tanks in the summer to accentuate my ink. There is a certain vanity involved. There is also the deep seeded issues as to why people change there appearance, probably stemming from some sort of self-esteem issues.

so far, i havent considered simple questions as rude...

so far :unsure:

lol, ask away

There is also the deep seeded issues as to why people change there appearance, probably stemming from some sort of self-esteem issues.

i dont think it has anything to do with self-esteem. mankind has been altering his body with ink and jewelry as far back as we go. its one of our oldest traditions that can be found across all races and locations.

(maybe NOWadays, some people do it for self-esteem reasons. but i dont think thats why its so popular)

They why do you have them? To look cool?

Not everyone gets tattoos to look cool nor even to be generally looked at.

I got my tattoo for my own personal reasons. It is not there for others to see(though I have no qualms if they see it)......it is there for me. It actually has meaning for me and even 17 years now after getting it done I have never regretted it.

Not everyone gets tattoos to look cool nor even to be generally looked at.

I got my tattoo for my own personal reasons. It is not there for others to see(though I have no qualms if they see it)......it is there for me. It actually has meaning for me and even 17 years now after getting it done I have never regretted it.

One tattoo that means something to you I kind of understand. But some of the people with them all over their body to me just looks pretty stupid. I had a guy come looking for a position with my firm and I could see tattoos on his neck. He seemed pretty smart and could have done well with us. But there is no way I'd hire someone that has visible tattoos like that on them.

One tattoo that means something to you I kind of understand. But some of the people with them all over their body to me just looks pretty stupid. I had a guy come looking for a position with my firm and I could see tattoos on his neck. He seemed pretty smart and could have done well with us. But there is no way I'd hire someone that has visible tattoos like that on them.

Bingo!