Michael Turner's agent reportedly given permission to talk w/Bills

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooo way they give up a 1st and 3rd. But a conditional 3rd next year as well that moves to a 1st if say the guy rushes for more than 1600 yards this year. That I could live with.

I just can't fathom giving away two picks for a RB--one of them a 1st rounder.

If Edge and Shawn Alexander couldn't net a 2nd round pick a few years ago, how can Michael Turner be worth a 1st rounder plus some?? :unsure:

Contract value has a lot to do with it. Those big $$$ commitments made it hard to move James and Alexander. That said, I think a 2008 1st is too much to give up for a guy at a position that has such high turnover.

I pray this is all a dream.....The Bills have given up too often their 1st round draft picks and have ended up on the short end of the stick (Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe). I don't want to lose our 1st round pick again.

I agree, that trading for Turner is a different issue than when Corey Dillon got traded or people were refusing to pay a 3rd rounder for Alexander or James. However, still it is too much for an unknown

back especially having played in a smaller conference. Considering that the tender offer required only a 1st and 3rd, why would the Bills give up that much to get him when the market itself has cooled off...Green Bay has come out and said that they are not after him. The Titans seems to have also cooled off and are more ready to sign Dillon rather than giving up draft picks. Since there is no competition to get Turner, why are the bills paying premium price.

Why not stay put in the draft and force a trade for teams to get additional pick to move down and get the RB in the 2nd round....Worst case check out if Adrian Peterson will be available at that #12 pick....

Did A.J Smith pour something in Marv Levys glass in Arizona last week or did he and the chargers catch the bills mgmt in some uncompromising position.....

this was posted yesterday on another site:

Sounds like the Chargers and Turner are just looking for the best possible deal they can get from whoever is interested.

I would be shocked if the Bills gave up a #1 pick outright. Not to mention thouroughly pissed.

The Pckers front office has already patently denied being interested in Turner

Why is it a bad deal? Everyone was bitching with what we got for that piece of crap McGahee and now we gave too much (which is what everyone here wanted for McGahee) for a guy who runs hard and is a team player (have you heard any complaints from him being the #2 for the past few years?)

Because if you look at what we got for McGahee giving up more for a less proven Turner makes absolutely no sense.

If the first is next year's I can live with giving up the #32 pick :)

Let's wait and see. Getting Turner would be great, but I hope we don't give up too much in terms of picks and dollars to get it done. Turner and Willis and I am happy with the offseason if the rest of the details aren't terrible.

Because if you look at what we got for McGahee giving up more for a less proven Turner makes absolutely no sense.

You have to remember though Turner doesnt have any baby mommas & doesnt want the team to move to Toronto. That adds to his value.

You have to remember though Turner doesnt have any baby mommas & doesnt want the team to move to Toronto. That adds to his value.

And unlike Willis, every time Turner opens his mouth, it doesn't come out sounding like "May I mommy dog face to the banana patch, please?"

I have just decided, I'd like to see us get Turner AND Ricky Williams (for vet min plus incentives). Keep AT, and that's it. Brad C and Turner (on occasion) can be a fullback, if needed.

Don't draft ANY RB on day one.

If we can make the deal for Briggs, I'd like to do that to.

And that's my LSI post of the day...

A first and a third is way too much.

If the Bills do this, AJ Smith should get the Executive of the Year Award.

The guy "may" be great, but the Chargers have very little leverage regarding a guy who is going to sit on their bench for the year.

The Chargers have a lot of leverage due to poorly managed teams around the league.

Lamont Jordan and Michael Turner have similarities. Last year Jordan was a highly touted backup RB who wanted to be the starter somewhere. As a starter, he sucked. Rob Johnson was a "promising" backup QB. As a starter, he sucked.

If the Bills unload a starter, McGahee, for two 3rd's and a 7th, then logically they need to pay less than that to acquire a backup. If they even consider giving up a 1st they are really throwing this team into a reverse gear.

The owner should pay up for the real difference makers: guys like Bill Polian and AJ Smith. Oh, I forgot he got rid of them!

What have the Bills done since then? Zilch!

The Bills have a severe talent deficiencies. If you don't think so then compare this Bills roster to the last really competitive team the Bills had in the early 90's.

Its about winning the Superbowl, everything else is crap. The Bills are so far from contending for the Superbowl it isn't funny and it breaks my heart to say it.