Michael Turner's agent reportedly given permission to talk w/Bills

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see this happening. Marv has spent cash to the cap already. He has just enough to sign draft picks. He can't sign a big contract with anyone. Turner may be negotiating a deal, but I doubt it is with Buffalo.

we traded away Spikes and Holcomb which freed up cash and we still had more then enough cash to sign draft picks beofre we made these moves.

If Turner is in Tennessee, I would think that this is the unnamed team that is close to signing him.

Why would Tennessee be willing to give up their 1st and 3rd round picks, when Chargers GM AJ Smith has publicly said that he would be willing to make a trade for less than that?

I have just decided, I'd like to see us get Turner AND Ricky Williams (for vet min plus incentives). Keep AT, and that's it. Brad C and Turner (on occasion) can be a fullback, if needed.

Don't draft ANY RB on day one.

If we can make the deal for Briggs, I'd like to do that to.

And that's my LSI post of the day...

Isn't he ALSO on the Willis bandwagon?

You have to get Willis in there somehow!!!!

Seriously how old is LSI. Because if he is a youngster I will feel really bad for ripping on him.

edit: LSI is 17 years old according to his profile. Is he mentally challenged?

I just can't fathom giving away two picks for a RB--one of them a 1st rounder.

If Edge and Shawn Alexander couldn't net a 2nd round pick a few years ago, how can Michael Turner be worth a 1st rounder plus some?? :)

A voice of reason...

Nobody is giving away the offer sheet requirement of a 2007 1st and 3rd for Turner. This is not going to happen. It will be a trade for less than that if he gets traded anywhere. I hope the Bills get Turner if we can without overpaying in draft picks or dollars. But if we can get him without a 1st round pick I am likely going to be okay with the deal. If we give up a first or sign a big free agent-type contract I will be disappointed.

I just can't fathom giving away two picks for a RB--one of them a 1st rounder.

If Edge and Shawn Alexander couldn't net a 2nd round pick a few years ago, how can Michael Turner be worth a 1st rounder plus some?? :(

Well, obviously the answer to this is because Marv wasn't a GM in the league a few years ago to give up a first round pick for one of those two backs. :)

It sounds like too much to me also. However the key is to what extent this actually is a truly CONDITIONAL 1st rounder.

If the condition is that we give up a first next year if we can get a deal done and we give up a first if he rushes for lets say the #16 RB in the NFL (or starts 13 for us -the maximum # of starts A-Train ever had) then this is not necessarily a bad deal for us).

The condition should be if we win the Super Bowl this year. :)