wllis or a train

bigem

is it me or is it that the coaching staff does not see that when willis is in there he gets little or negetve yards as compared to the a train gettig at least 5 yards.

i am a willis fan but, come on. once in a while he gets lucky and breaks away

but that is very seldom. by the way this is my first time on here. i have been reading and following this msg. board for years. thanks , just had to vent.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a train would be a more effecticent rb. Lets see it has willis outweighed by at least 600 tons, made of steel, more durable, and stay on the tracks better. gotta go with the train on this one. But i believe willis is faster out of the start.

I think a train would be a more effecticent rb. Lets see it has willis outweighed by at least 600 tons, made of steel, more durable, and stay on the tracks better. gotta go with the train on this one. But i believe willis is faster out of the start.

857901[/snapback]

I'm thinking a train would do wonders, but a rocketship would fill up those empty seats at the Ralph.

They are both subpar... and both carry a sub 4.0 ypc for their careers.  Marv will get us a RB in the offseason.

857897[/snapback]

A-train's YPC would go up if he carried more often.

Willis looked horrible Sunday.

He would have had two first downs with a little extra effort, one screen play, and the last drive before the SD TD at the end of the 2nd.

857901[/snapback]

A train won't elude many defenders, but most defenders would likely move out of the way.

I'm thinking a train would do wonders, but a rocketship would fill up those empty seats at the Ralph.

857914[/snapback]

DAMMIT! You totally beat me to that. A train would be almost impossible to tackle. Unless of course the tackler is Tedy.

Anthony Thomas won't be a Buffalo Bill next year.

858224[/snapback]

And I agree with all the reasons you stated to support your opinion.

Anthony Thomas

84 Carries

310 Yards

3.7 Average

Willis McGahee

182 Carries

668 Yards

3.7 Average

OH MY GOD! I FOUND IT! The reason why A-Train should start! He actually has the same average as Willis, and since we like him why shouldn't he get the nod? I mean this is Anthony Thomas we're talking about. The same guy who was inconsistent at best as a younger player, but should now be ready to come into his own after 6 seasons and a near career ending injury.

A couple things people fall to mention is who the two have faced, or the sample size of the statistics, but let's not let logic stand in the way of a good debate. A-Train's 84 carries have come against teams with a run d average of 4.3 yards per carry. McGahee's 182 carries have come against teams with a run d average of 3.7 yards per carry. To put that in comparison another .6 onto McGahee's numbers would make a McGahee lead Buffalo rushing attack top 10 in the NFL in average.

Sorry for the attitude, but people are trying to run a player out of town that will make us much worse off, and create another need. You’re going to need something a little better then "I think he looks better" to get me on board.

857901[/snapback]

Willis is a faster running back but the train is stronger, except when it comes to stiff arms. :doh: That's all Willis.

I think if Willis feels like playing, then let him start. But if we lose this game to the Jets, shut him down after that for the rest of the year. If we lose, that would put us at 8 losses and we would have no shot whatsoever at getting a wildcard spot. Willis showed his heart and determination in the game against Jacksonville IMO and if he's still not 100%, go ahead and shut him down for the remainder of the year. No need to risk any other kind of injuries if we're not really going anywhere.

Willis would be an all-pro back if he had a good line. He'd probably put up LT-type stats if he played in San Diego. He's elusive, quick, fast, strong.

The problem is he plays behind a below-average line. He doesn't have the luxury to be patient, dance around, and look for big gains. He's got to see the hole and hit the hole. That's what A-Train does. And that's why A-Train is a better back for our team right now.

I can't wait for WM to leave town. But I also have a feeling if he goes to a team with a good line, he's going to be a monster.