wllis or a train

bigem

This article is about as close as you'll get to having Marv blast Willis for "not hitting the hole".  I'm glad it mentions guys like Willie Parker and Julius Jones because i often say that Willis is behind all those type of players in terms of actual ability not just perceived talent.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p.../612070388/tbd/

859366[/snapback]

Marv should speak out about this. The point Thurman Thomas made earlier in the year about Willis going out of bounds to start a game instead of leveling his defender to set the tone of the game, probably hit home with Marv.

How much trash can a player with 26 yds. talk about an up coming game?

Henry got screwed and so did the fans.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(This is basically a continuation of the argument whether Willis is four times better than Henry was, since he chews up four times the cap room.)

859218[/snapback]

Willis is only counts 1.7 mil against the cap, with a 730,000 base salary. Not terribly expensive for a good starting RB. So the cap hit arguement carries no weight.

Marv should speak out about this. The point Thurman Thomas made earlier in the year about Willis going out of bounds to start a game instead of leveling his defender to set the tone of the game, probably hit home with Marv.

How much trash can a player with 26 yds. talk about an up coming game?

Henry got screwed and so did the fans.

859415[/snapback]

I agree. I think this kid has an unbelievable amount of potential if he just gets his sh-- strait. He obviously has the drive and wants to play but he has got to show some heart out there. This offense needs a leader and it looks like they are all looking at each other waiting for someone to step up. But like the ole saying goes "potential means that you havent done sh-t yet" Bill Parcells.

I agree. I think this kid has an unbelievable amount of potential if he just gets his sh-- strait. He obviously has the drive and wants to play but he has got to show some heart out there. This offense needs a leader and it looks like they are all looking at each other waiting for someone to step up. But like the ole saying goes "potential means that you havent done sh-t yet" Bill Parcells.

859480[/snapback]

This has also been huge in the development of Losman and the conservative play calling. How many times has our running game failed to pick up a yard on 3rd and 1. Or 4th and 1 ? They don't even try anymore.....

Willis is only counts 1.7 mil against the cap, with a 730,000 base salary. Not terribly expensive for a good starting RB. So the cap hit arguement carries no weight.

859464[/snapback]

Cap hit isn't the issue, just the cap itself. Willis' 5 year deal in 2003 (actually giving us only 4 years of service, we knew that going in) cost 7.053 million dollars. Travis' 4 year deal in 2001 cost 2.29 million dollars.

The cap was 67.1 million in 2001, and rose to 75 million in 2003. Taking into account the increase, Willis still eats up about three times as much of the teams cap space as Travis did. Is he three times the player? Is he making three times the contribution?

Cap hit isn't the issue, just the cap itself.  Willis' 5 year deal in 2003 (actually giving us only 4 years of service, we knew that going in) cost 7.053 million dollars.  Travis' 4 year deal in 2001 cost 2.29 million dollars. 

The cap was 67.1 million in 2001, and rose to 75 million in 2003.  Taking into account the increase, Willis still eats up about three times as much of the teams cap space as Travis did.  Is he three times the player? Is he making three times the contribution?

860134[/snapback]

Who gives a sh-t how much he makes...It's a drop in the bucket with the available money we'll have this upcoming off season.

I couldn't see us spending prime time running back money to keep WM. He hasn't been a prime time running back...pure and simple. I'd spend big money on people like Clements, but if you want the money you'd best show you deserve it on the field. POtenshul only takes you so far.

And when we get rid of Willis and he has a couple good games in a couple seasons for some other team we are going to go on about how it was a mistake to get rids of him and that the current RB we have doesn't dance enough and he sucks.

Theres alot of Henry/A-train Man love going on here for having just a couple good games this season. A-train is a player most said should make the roster in the offseason and that he sucked cause he was cut by a couple teams. Henry finally has a couple decent games after wanting out of Buffalo. The way I remember it, it was Henry who didn't want to share the RB role with McGahee and he wanted to be traded

And when we get rid of Willis and he has a couple good games in a couple seasons for some other team we are going to go on about how it was a mistake to get rids of him and that the current RB we have doesn't dance enough and he sucks.

Theres alot of Henry/A-train Man love going on here for having just a couple good games this season. A-train is a player most said should make the roster in the offseason and that he sucked cause he was cut by a couple teams. Henry finally has a couple decent games after wanting out of Buffalo. The way I remember it, it was Henry who didn't want to share the RB role with McGahee and he wanted to be traded

860253[/snapback]

They are all average........

is it me or is it that the coaching staff does not see that  when willis is in there he gets little or negetve yards as compared to the a train gettig  at least 5 yards.

i am a willis fan but, come on. once in a while he gets lucky and breaks away

but that is very seldom. by the way this is my first time on here. i have been reading and following  this msg. board for years.  thanks , just had to vent.

857894[/snapback]

I 'll get this out of the way too. I've always thought the wasted pick on Willie McGee was one of Donahoe's worst blunders. The guy never impressed me from the start. Trade him to Detroit or something.

They are all average........

860266[/snapback]

I agree. Henry is better than WM, but he isn't all-pro by any means. The thing that bothers me is our using a first round choice to get someone who isn't even as good. As far as Henry wanting to leave Buffalo, that was because he wasn't playing...simple as that. We can do better than WM. Henry or A-train.

I agree.  Henry is better than WM, but he isn't all-pro by any means.  The thing that bothers me is our using a first round choice to get someone who isn't even as good.  As far as Henry wanting to leave Buffalo, that was because he wasn't playing...simple as that. We can do better than WM. Henry or A-train.

860283[/snapback]

TH recently became the 100th NFL back to reach the 5,000 yard plateau.

I was one to wait and see about how WMG pans out, Tenny...but with his (TH's) displeasure, and the offer of a 3rd round pick, the trade was prudent to me.

I am disappointed that Shaud Williams has but 2 carries. I realize some hate him, but he is on an NFL roster. There is some - perhaps small - truth in the "change-of-pace" idea, I think.

Couldn't hurt to give the guy a couple of plays now and then, IMO...

I agree.  Henry is better than WM, but he isn't all-pro by any means.  The thing that bothers me is our using a first round choice to get someone who isn't even as good.  As far as Henry wanting to leave Buffalo, that was because he wasn't playing...simple as that. We can do better than WM. Henry or A-train.

860283[/snapback]

Oh now Henry is better than WM again? This is really getting out of hand. WM hardly ever fumbles while Henry drops it once per game, can block (though he occasionally has some issues) 10 times better than Henry, and has far more power. The only thing Henry has on Willis is that he hits the hole (or the brock wall at times) quicker.

860253[/snapback]

Good post.

After 2004, this board wanted henry gone, even if it meant cutting him for nothing, and McGahee was a God around these parts. these same people now says willis sucks and want him ridden out fo town.

Also, look at some posts around the beginning of this season. People were claiming that A-train sucks and only made the roster because he was a jauron crony. now a-train is a savior.

I for one hate how this board flip flops all the time and is someone isnt a pro bowler, he needs ot be cut.

I for one hate how this board flip flops all the time and is someone isnt a pro bowler, he needs ot be cut.

860319[/snapback]

This board has flip-floppers? No way

One week a player is garbage cause they don't play at a Pro Bowl level, the next week they are the saviours. Just like how many predicted the Bills would go winless, or win 2 games, and now are complaining cause they won't make the playoffs. Then we get the, The Bills Need TO Run More threads followed by the the Bills Need TO Pass More Cause The Game was Boring Threads

Oh now Henry is better than WM again? This is really getting out of hand. WM hardly ever fumbles while Henry drops it once per game, can block (though he occasionally has some issues) 10 times better than Henry, and has far more power. The only thing Henry has on Willis is that he hits the hole (or the brock wall at times) quicker.

860317[/snapback]

hmmm..they are both running backs. Henry runs better. When WM gets to the pro-bowl and gets 5000 yards...give me a call.

This board has flip-floppers? No way

One week a player is garbage cause they don't play at a Pro Bowl level, the next week they are the saviours. Just like how many predicted the Bills would go winless, or win 2 games, and now are complaining cause they won't make the playoffs. Then we get the, The Bills Need TO Run More threads followed by the the Bills Need TO Pass More Cause The Game was Boring Threads

860331[/snapback]

Hey, like you, I just want to beat the crap outta the Jets, I could care less how boring that is to watch......It's real boring with that victory smile :wallbash:

My big prediction is : Coy Wire will either win us the game, or cost us the game, it just depends on what he chooses to do, when those plays present themselves!

In typical Buffalo fashion, you just know, that is whats going to happen...... :w00t: