Adam Schefter of the NFL Network

Now this is reported as a possibility mind you, so don't shoot the messenger. Found this on Rotoworld.com:

Report: Bills may make quarterback change

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bills will likely reconsider their quarterback situation during the Week 8 bye.

Allowing Losman to finish out the season would make the most sense looking towards the future. If the Bills want to win now, Kelly Holcomb might be the better choice. Craig Nall also is hanging around. Giving up on Losman almost certainly would mean Buffalo will address the situation in the 2007 offseason. Oct. 23 - 12:21 am et

Now this is reported as a possibility mind you, so don't shoot the messenger.  Found this on Rotoworld.com:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Bills will likely reconsider their quarterback situation during the Week 8 bye.

Allowing Losman to finish out the season would make the most sense looking towards the future. If the Bills want to win now, Kelly Holcomb might be the better choice. Craig Nall also is hanging around. Giving up on Losman almost certainly would mean Buffalo will address the situation in the 2007 offseason. Oct. 23 - 12:21 am et

813940[/snapback]

If the Bills go to Holcomb, this is a total step in the wrong direction. If they decide to give up on Losman, at least try and find out what we have in Nall. We know what we have in Holcomb, and it isn't much.

As this is written, it is the reporters own opinion and doesn't appear to be based on any sort of information from OBD. It is logical to think that a team that is unsuccessful would consider changing their QB...especially when they have someone with experience on the bench. But until I hear it from OBD then it is nothing but speculation.

Not shooting the messenger....just working the body a little bit.

If the Bills go to Holcomb, this is a total step in the wrong direction. If they decide to give up on Losman, at least try and find out what we have in Nall. We know what we have in Holcomb, and it isn't much.

813947[/snapback]

Holcomb get's us a team that will be 8-8 in a full season. He will never be better then that. He will make the line look better, because he makes quicker decisions, and the fact that he can't throw over defenses. It will bring the TE and screens into play, and make us competative week in and week out. However Holcomb is not the answer. We are going nowhere as long as he is the QB.

As this is written, it is the reporters own opinion and doesn't appear to be based on any sort of information from OBD.

813957[/snapback]

Is this the same guy at the NFL Network who was the only man in the country to put Donte Whitner for the Bills in his mock draft? Or was that someone else?

JDG

Holcomb get's us a team that will be 8-8 in a full season.  He will never be better than that.

813961[/snapback]

For the record, I am absolutely against putting in Holcomb at QB after the bye week.

But, I should point out that Kelly Holcomb rung up 33 points on the Pittsburgh Steelers *in Pittsburgh* and *in the playoffs.* Holcomb isn't the future at this point, but I think that people are a little too hard on him for what he was able to do in his prime.....

JDG

For the record, I am absolutely against putting in Holcomb at QB after the bye week.

But, I should point out that Kelly Holcomb rung up 33 points on the Pittsburgh Steelers *in Pittsburgh* and *in the playoffs.*    Holcomb isn't the future at this point, but I think that people are a little too hard on him for what he was able to do in his prime.....

JDG

813988[/snapback]

hahahahaa :P:blink::blink::lol::lol: his prime. :lol::D:D:)

Holcomb has had exactly 2 good statistical games in his career, both losses, and people think he's the second coming of rich gannon.

But, I should point out that Kelly Holcomb rung up 33 points on the Pittsburgh Steelers *in Pittsburgh* and *in the playoffs.*    Holcomb isn't the future at this point, but I think that people are a little too hard on him for what he was able to do in his prime.....

JDG

813988[/snapback]

Great. If we ever get to the playoffs then Holcomb's our man.

Yeah he made this comment last night toward the end of the NFL highlight show on the NFL Network when the questins came up about JP and the Bills and Brunell and the Redskins. I think that as some have suggested these comments have no weight and are just Adam guessing and pondering. There is NO WAY the Bills would go with Holcomb this season. While JP hasn't played good enough to overcome this team flaws and win games he certainly isn't the only one to blame in the losses.

But, I should point out that Kelly Holcomb rung up 33 points on the Pittsburgh Steelers *in Pittsburgh* and *in the playoffs.*   

813988[/snapback]

Friggin hilarious! I really mean that. I laughed good. Good stuff man. Good stuff.

Now this is reported as a possibility mind you, so don't shoot the messenger.  Found this on Rotoworld.com:

813940[/snapback]

I doubt this is anything but wild speculation on his part. Benching JP now would be a mistake IMO. There are a lot of young players on the team that need experience. Let them play.

Holcomb has had exactly 2 good statistical games in his career, both losses, and people think he's the second coming of rich gannon.

813993[/snapback]

No, I just think that he's a better pro than JP Losman.

Which is really saying something about Losman.....

JDG

No, I just think that he's a better pro than JP Losman.

Which is really saying something about Losman.....

JDG

814297[/snapback]

Considering your track record and your hatred against losman, no, its really not saying anything.

why is it that when these so-called 'experts' talk about the Redskins (last night Steve Mariucci) it's 'too early to pull the plug on Brunell, the 'skins are not out of it.' But when it comes to our team it's all 'they should do it, they suck and have no hope.'

"They" didn't actually say that, but you know what I mean. :doh:

I have zero interest in Holcomb starting.

At this point, we need to see if JP will ever get it.

If JP isn't the QB, then Nall has to be.

As others have said, going with Holcomb is a step in the wrong direction.

I still have hope for JP, but the light is dimming.

:doh:

We'll find out what kind of coach we have in Jauron in the next two weeks. Does he hit the panic button or does he stay the course? My guess is that Jauron starts JP all year and this report is purely speculative.

If JP does get benched it had better be Nall who gets the starts. If Holcomb starts a game this year I might just end up in a JSP like rage.

We'll find out what kind of coach we have in Jauron in the next two weeks.  Does he hit the panic button or does he stay the course?  My guess is that Jauron starts JP all year and this report is purely speculative.

If JP does get benched it had better be Nall who gets the starts.  If Holcomb starts a game this year I might just end up in a JSP like rage.

814340[/snapback]

I think you are right, the Bills will stay the course with Losman. However (and I am asking this as a serious question, not a slam on Losman) how many more poor performances like yesterday, do you think the Bills allow, before they are at least justified in giving Nall a start? Say the Bills are 3-9, do you give Nall a shot, and then make some sort of decision on Losman in the off-season? I am not ready to give up on JP yet, but I am intrigued by Nall as well. I would love to see him start one game, at some point, just to get a better feel for how raw he is at this point.

Personally, however, I think benching JP at the bye, would be a terrible mistake, and would be sending him a pretty final vote of "no confidence". Unless the Bills are fairly certain Nall is a better choice for good, I think it is a bad move. We all seem to feel the same about the prospect of Holcomb starting.

The Bills have gone this far with Losman, the season is "done" for all intents and purposes, why not just see it through, and see if Losman can put it together? He has been a mixed bag. Personally, I don't think he was as bad against Detroit, as he was against the Bears and Pats. Surely, he had some horrid moments in Detroit, but he did make some plays as well (his TD pass to Parrish is his best play of the season, and a glimpse of the "good JP" we were hoping to see more of). As I see it, the Bills committed themselves to Losman this season, lets' give him the full chance. There is always next year to tear the whole thing down, and start over again....

I love media speculation!

BTW Dennis, you give it kind of a, I dunno, doomed sound when you say " stay the course" about Losman.  :doh:

814396[/snapback]

Sorry, I still love this franchise, but I was pretty numb and unaffected by yesterdays performance. I think I officially made the "emotional disconnect" with the 2006 Buffalo Bills, about half-way through the second quarter of the Bears game. Any false hope I had let myself have after the .500 start was quickly flushed, in favor of my preseason hopes for 5 wins. I was more upset that the waitress took about a half an hour to bring me some vinegar for my fish and chips yeaterday, than I was by anything I saw from the Bills...I wil be there next week though...I cheer when they do something well, and try to look the other way when they are stinking it up...needless to say, I strained my neck yesterday! :lol:

I think you are right, the Bills will stay the course with Losman.  However (and I am asking this as a serious question, not a slam on Losman) how many more poor performances like yesterday, do you think the Bills allow, before they are at least justified in giving Nall a start?  Say the Bills are 3-9, do you give Nall a shot, and then make some sort of decision on Losman in the off-season?  I am not ready to give up on JP yet, but I am intrigued by Nall as well.  I would love to see him start one game, at some point, just to get a better feel for how raw he is at this point.

814395[/snapback]

I think JP had some very good moments in the Detroit game and he started out well in the Pats game. In fact, if he'd just eliminate the costly turnovers, and do nothing more, I think people would be okay with his progress thus far.

That being said turnovers are what determine games in the NFL. I'm willing to forgive him fumbling the ball if he's hit from the backside while in the middle of throwing a pass. I'm not willing to forgive his fumbles when he's simply sacked and loses the ball. This is becoming a bad trend and if it continues JP will have no future in the NFL, much less as a starting QB. No team can survive a QB that consistently turns the ball over. If he can fix his fumbling issue I think he'll be okay, if he can't then it'll be time to move on at the end of the season. I’m not really worried about JP passing the ball or even his pocket presence. He simply has to hold onto the ball when he’s sacked, period.

As for when I’d put Nall in? I don’t know, I’d like to see JP get the season but if he keeps having trouble holding onto the ball like he has these past 3 weeks then it wouldn’t be a stretch to see Nall get the last 4 or so starts of the season.

Go back and look at this game mentally.... On the TD pass over McGee to Jackson, Tom Brady could have knitted a sweater back there! It is just one example of a team contending and a team (Bills) that fights, but just can't beat them, even on a REAL GOOD DAY!! (see the opener!) No one here has mentioned our "world beating" special teams that allowed a huge kick-off return and with the exceptions of Moorman and Lindell, have looked anything but special. The truth is that this team PROVED that they're rebuilding and THAT is now undeniable! If JP Losman is trying to overcome this teams mistakes, then, yes, he is going to be forcing things ALL YEAR! Dick Jauron said at his news conference that JP's the man, and that the "forcefully patient" philosophy will be in full effect. JP Losman WILL start the entire year people, the Head Coach has spoken!!

813940[/snapback]

they need to put the best runner in there - period

Got this from sports.yahoo.com while checking fantasy football......................

Oct 23 Buffalo Bills head coach Dick Jauron confirmed Monday, Oct. 23, QB J.P. Losman will remain as the team's starting quarterback despite struggling for the third consecutive game Week 7.

Got this from sports.yahoo.com while checking fantasy football......................

Oct 23 Buffalo Bills head coach Dick Jauron confirmed Monday, Oct. 23, QB J.P. Losman will remain as the team's starting quarterback despite struggling for the third consecutive game Week 7.

814570[/snapback]

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4304

Jauron's statements in this article make it VERY clear that there will be no QB change during the bye, and its a strong enough statement that I don't think it'll happen at any point this year.

This seems to be nothing more than his opinion.  This would actually be a good time to have Losman concentrate more on his fundamentals.

814056[/snapback]

We need to stick with Losman. Once he is taken out of the lineup it is over for him.Lets give him the whole season.