RIP Rodney Dangerfield

/dev/null

Finally, in death, the man gets some respect. :w00t:

P.O.O.J.E.R., Rodney. Think I'll have a Dangerfield film festival this weekend in your honor. Caddyshack, Back to School...what else (any wise-ass here says "Ladybugs", I'll kill ya... ;) )

That sucks. I was visiting with friends over the Labor day holiday and we were talking about Rodney going into the hospital for heart sugery. Rodney's line was "if all goes well I'll be out of the hospital in 2-3 weeks. If not, I'll be out in about an hour and a half." Pure Rodney. I laughed my ass of at that. He will be missed.

Finally, in death, the man gets some respect.  :w00t:

P.O.O.J.E.R., Rodney.  Think I'll have a Dangerfield film festival this weekend in your honor.  Caddyshack, Back to School...what else (any wise-ass here says "Ladybugs", I'll kill ya...  ;) )

58356[/snapback]

"I'm alright! Nobody worry ' bout me..."

Melody would never let me in your house...she hates me!

I like the movie, A true classic, IMO. I almost bought a mechanical gopher doing the twist, singing that song.

"Do you do drugs?"

"Every chance I get"

"Good man"

A very funny man...RIP Rodney....Caddy Shack an all time favorite.  :w00t:  ;)  :D  :lol:

58359[/snapback]

From Caddyshack, paraphrased because I don't have it memorized:

'Nice hat'

'That's the kind of hat they give away with a bowl of soup'

Looking at the judge: 'Looks good on you though' (Rodney makes a classic face).

I'm guessing he has the big man pissing in his toga by now.

godspeed Rodney, you were a fool among fools.......

58374[/snapback]

He's been met by a fan, trust me on this one.

She's running the place by now.

"Bring us a pitcher every 7 minutes until someone passes out. Then bring one every 10."

"Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?"

"I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it."

"They say 'love thy neighbour as thy self' , what am I supposed to do jerk him off too ?"

"I got two kids. One I put through college. The other, I put through a wall."

RIP, Jacob Cohen.

I liked his "I bet you were something before electricity" comment he made to an old woman in Caddyshack. Great movie, even better comedian. I just saw him on a new tv sitcom last monday night. I thought he looked sick in that scene. now I know why.

He will be missed.

He's been met by a fan, trust me on this one.

She's running the place by now.

Good, cuz I was starting to have my doubts about the previous management.

If she's omniscient there's no hope for me, but do you think you can put a good word in for my kids? I get the feeling she might like 'em....

Cya

I liked his "I bet you were something before electricity" comment he made to an old woman in Caddyshack.  Great movie, even better comedian. I just saw him on a new tv sitcom last monday night. I thought he looked sick in that scene. now I know why.

He will be missed.

58394[/snapback]

I saw him in that, too, but I don't remember the show. I think it was the one with Jamie Gertz. He looked terrible in a brief cameo at the end. Way underweight from how I remembered him. I was told the other day he was in a coma. Breaks your heart to see a personality like that pass on.

Good, cuz I was starting to have my doubts about the previous management.

If she's omniscient there's no hope for me, but do you think you can put a good word in for my kids? I get the feeling she might like 'em....

Cya

58398[/snapback]

Thank you too, Simon. Once again, you get the deal. I understand. The word is known.

Rodney's line was "if all goes well I'll be out of the hospital in 2-3 weeks.  If not, I'll be out in about an hour and a half."

58358[/snapback]

But you know...if those were his last words, they couldn't have been any more appropriate to the man...

Once again, you get the deal. I understand. The word is known.

You're just being nice cuz you know she's watchin'. She already knows practically everything there is to know about you so you may as well put away them posies and let fly!-)

You're just being nice cuz you know she's watchin'. She already knows practically everything there is to know about you so you may as well put away them posies and let fly!-)

58452[/snapback]

Don't work here...everyone wants to fight. Youngsters, Damn you gotta love 'em. Dumb as they are at least they have the energy. I'm too old, and too sore. On top of that they did away with VIOXX. I don't have time nor ambition. I'll take the shortcuts. She knows me. She'd be pissed, but she'd understand.

I was lucky enough to see him at the MGM Grand about 5 years ago. Fantastic! He was already about 76 at the time. Came out and did 40 minutes straight- no stopping for even a drink of water! took a swig and did 20 minutes more. Showed a few clips from Caddyshack and some of his other movies and did 20 more minutes. Side splitting funny- just a little bit dirtier than on TV. Held off on his signature line until the last 20 minutes and did at least 5 minutes of those. The wiping the sweat was not a bit, he really did sweat that much.

Discovered a lot of famous comics at his place in NYC.

Like I said, I'm glad I got to see him live.

I saw Rodney perform at the capital theatre in passaic, nj in 1981. The comic that opened up for him was, Dennis Miller. Yes the same guy who bombed on monday night football.

I laughed so hard. Rodney was a very funny man.

RIP funny man.