Seat belt frequency

LabattBlue

How often do you use your seatbelt?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use your seatbelt?

• All the time. 1 block or 500 miles.
    • Some of the time. Depends on where I'm going.
    • Never. I hate being restrained.

I would think wearing a seatbelt has become 2nd nature for most people(me included), but I was wondering if there are still people out there who will drive without waering one?

764427[/snapback]

I was in an accident in 1989. Just had a bruise from the belt and whiplash.My face came within a foot of the windshield. If I didn't have the belt on, I would at the least be picking glass out of my face.

I would think wearing a seatbelt has become 2nd nature for most people(me included), but I was wondering if there are still people out there who will drive without waering one?

764427[/snapback]

All the time. I got a ticket for no seatbelt a couple years back. I had it on, but I was getting ready to turn down my street, so I unbuckled, then a state trooper met me at the intersection. Never again will I remove my seatbelt from the time I take the car out of park, to the time I put the car back in park.

764427[/snapback]

Rarely. I just dislike seatbelts.

Also got a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. Of course i was speeding and sweet talked to roller into a seatbelt violation (which i was wearing).

At any rate, yes, I always wear a seatbelt, with 3 exceptions

1) Work Vehicles. Dont know why. Perhaps because they stay on premises and you never drive over 10-15mph.

2) Sometimes when i am in a hurry i wait till i am moving in the vehicle to put it on.

3) if im cramming into a vehicle with 4 other guys.

Not saying any of the above is correct or smart, just the way it is.

764427[/snapback]

Girlfriend doesnt always waer one, and it pisses me off/worries me at the same time. I always B word at her.

Girlfriend doesnt always waer one, and it pisses me off/worries me at the same time. I always B word at her.

764530[/snapback]

Probably doesn't want to ruffle her furs. If you're going to buy her nice things you have to expect that kind of behaviour.

All the time.

It's been compulsory over here since forever....well, I don't recall a time it wasn't & I'm 36.

Your nuts if you don't.

Friend of mine went out drinking years back, did the right thing & caught a cab, but didn't do the right thing by not wearing a seat belt....the cabby also didn't do the right thing by falling asleep at the wheel & rammed a power pole.

My friend nose dived the wind screen. If not for him being a muscle building nut...therefore having a really strong neck, he probably would have died. As it was he spent some time in hospital.

I always wear one, although my experiences don't exactly support the use of one. I flipped my car, after I did a 720, took out two trees, and a fence while coming to a stop on a third tree. I wasn't wearing a seatbelt, impaled my dome into the windshield, and all I had was a few glass shards in my hair. :doh:

Seat belt,,,EVERY time...5 feet or 500 miles.....

Mrs. Lew too.When she totaled the van in July her only injury was a bruise from the seatbelt...Otherwise, the State Troopers said she would have gone through the windshield....

Our company has a seat belt policy for ALL vehicles too....

Always. My roomate from college, never.

Long story short, we flipped because he was driving like an idiot. I'm alive, he is not. Seatbelt totally saved my life, while his lack of seatbelt was his undoing, as he was thrown.

Wear 'em people!

Good question - very interesting.

I'm curious to find out for those people who don't always wear them - are you of an age that when you started driving seat belts may not have been included in most cars?

I always wear my seatbelt (even when I ride in the back), but I've grown up with seatbelts. I'm wondering if I would be like this if I were older and started driving when cars didn't always have seatbelts - would I have grown accustomed to NOT wearing one and subsequently disliked them today?

Also curious to hear from people who always wear seatbelts - do you always wear one if you are a passenger in the rear seat as well, or is it limited to being in the front seat?