Billls or

Mile High

Which 2006-2007 season are you more excited to see? Me.....

Sabres. :P

Am I the only one who feels this way? Don't get me wrong I'm excited about the Bills season and to see how the new coaching staff does but. Come on man!

To be completely honest, I've always seemed to balance between the two of them.

But this year, it's different. I'm sick of the Bills breaking my heart.

Sabres first, Niagara University basketball 2nd, Bills 3rd.

I got sick of 3 hours of commercials in a 3 hour and 15 minute game. I'll take hockey, thank you.

754833[/snapback]

I've been saying that for years. One of these days, either the NFL will wise up, or its customers will. Not soon. Sabres first (I've always been a bigger hockey fan, though), the rest of the NHL second, the Bills third, and the rest of the NFL, 99th or something. I'd rather watch UB-Auburn than Cowboys-Redskins.

Which 2006-2007 season are you more excited to see?  Me.....

Sabres.  :P

Am I the only one who feels this way?  Don't get me wrong I'm excited about the Bills season and to see how the new coaching staff does but.  Come on man!

754735[/snapback]

Fortunately, i see no reason to have to choose. My allegiance is actually to Buffalo and WNY and I am happy to root for any team that my fellow residents in general choose so I can share the experience with them.

I think the finest moment in Buffalo sports history that I have seen in my brief time here since 1989 when I got married to a life-long Buffaloanian was when 10-20K Buffaloanians gathered in Niagara Sq, to welcome home their Bills after theu gave us the first of 4 consecutive great rides but lost as it happened in each successive year in the SB.

It was a great moment on the Sunday night before when 20 or so of us held hands to watch the Norwood kick which ended up wide right, but it was excelled seeing the community essentially forgive him for missing the kick.

I am a lifelong Chicagoan who rooted madly for my Bears and rejoiced with my best friend in DC who was also born in Chicago when our Bears won SB XXV, but feeling that sense of shared community when we all imitated the Bills holding hands before the errant kick, with the forgiving of Norwood for failing in this game and then to enjoy that feeling of Jimbo emdodied with WE'RE BBAACCK, simply elevated sports for me beyond the simple equation of winning and losing.

I love the Sabres. Recent years gave been dominated by the travesty of Rigas announcing in Niagara SQ. that he would do what was necessary to bring the Stanley Cup to Buffalo after the No Goal ruling that was even more galling than the missed kick.

He deserved to go to prison for his ripoff involving Adelphia, but deserves to burn in Hades for a while for lying to this community.

I am quite pleased to see the resurgence of the team under Golisano's ownership (though that it has also come under Larry Quinn and Regier's guidance means that this resurgence may more be dumb luck caused by their fiscal conservancy coninciding with the players coming together in an extraordinary year after the lock-out, we will see and I will enjoy rooting for them to do well).

I think that most fans brains are big enough and mostly that their hearts are big enough that they need not choose between the two.

Fortunately, i see no reason to have to choose.  My allegiance is actually to Buffalo and WNY and I am happy to root for any team that my fellow residents in general choose so I can share the experience with them.

I think the finest moment in Buffalo sports history that I have seen in my brief time here since 1989 when I got married to a life-long Buffaloanian was when 10-20K Buffaloanians gathered in Niagara Sq, to welcome home their Bills after theu gave us the first of 4 consecutive great rides but lost as it happened in each successive year in the SB.

It was a great moment on the Sunday night before when 20 or so of us held hands to watch the Norwood kick which ended up wide right, but it was excelled seeing the community essentially forgive him for missing the kick.

I am a lifelong Chicagoan who rooted madly for my Bears and rejoiced with my best friend in DC who was also born in Chicago when our Bears won SB XXV, but feeling that sense of shared community when we all imitated the Bills holding hands before the errant kick, with the forgiving of Norwood for failing in this game and then to enjoy that feeling of Jimbo emdodied with WE'RE BBAACCK, simply elevated sports for me beyond the simple equation of winning and losing.

I love the Sabres.  Recent years gave been dominated by the travesty of Rigas announcing in Niagara SQ. that he would do what was necessary to bring the Stanley Cup to Buffalo after the No Goal ruling that was even more galling than the missed kick.

He deserved to go to prison for his ripoff involving Adelphia, but deserves to burn in Hades for a while for lying to this community.

I am quite pleased to see the resurgence of the team under Golisano's ownership (though that it has also come under Larry Quinn and Regier's guidance means that this resurgence may more be dumb luck caused by their fiscal conservancy coninciding with the players coming together in an extraordinary year after the lock-out, we will see and I will enjoy rooting for them to do well).

I think that most fans brains are big enough and mostly that their hearts are big enough that they need not choose between the two.

754864[/snapback]

Hey man. Not asking you to choose anything I was just wondering which season you were more excited for, that's all. :P

I'm surprised that so many of you are "hockey-first" guys....I figured there were a lot more die hard NFL guys on here. Is it just cause the Sabres are good right now and the Bills aren't, or do you always feel this way?

Hey man.  Not asking you to choose anything I was just wondering which season you were more excited for, that's all.  :P

754896[/snapback]

If we are taking it at this simple level then football regular season begins in a couple of weeks so I am more excited about that than something that happens in a couple of months. If we take it at a larger level I stick to the answer above.

I'm surprised that so many of you are "hockey-first" guys....I figured there were a lot more die hard NFL guys on here. Is it just cause the Sabres are good right now and the Bills aren't, or do you always feel this way?

754905[/snapback]

Ditto. This stuns me. Some of the people who i respect the most around here are more of a hockey nut, then a football fanatic. Kinda dissapoints me.

Well anyway - I LOVE football. I LOVE the NFL. And the NFL is never going to cut commercials. It is the most popular sport in the most important country in the world.

GO BILLS!

Ditto. This stuns me. Some of the people who i respect the most around here are more of a hockey nut, then a football fanatic. Kinda dissapoints me.

Well anyway - I LOVE football. I LOVE the NFL. And the NFL is never going to cut commercials. It is the most popular sport in the most important country in the world.

GO BILLS!

754938[/snapback]

Yep, I literally go into withdrawal frm the NFL during the offseason. I watch just about every damn minute of the draft, read whatever I can get my hands on, watch as much preseason ball as I can, etc. I love sports in general, but I'm an NFL addict.

Watching that Bengals/Packers game tonight reminded me of the last time I saw the bengals....last year in the playoffs against the steelers. I was SO damn fired up for that game and amazingly pissed when Carson went down in the 1st quarter. I'm a die hard Bills fan, but I can get fired up by just about any game.

Yep, I literally go into withdrawal frm the NFL during the offseason. I watch just about every damn minute of the draft, read whatever I can get my hands on, watch as much preseason ball as I can, etc. I love sports in general, but I'm an NFL addict.

Watching that Bengals/Packers game tonight reminded me of the last time I saw the bengals....last year in the playoffs against the steelers. I was SO damn fired up for that game and amazingly pissed when Carson went down in the 1st quarter. I'm a die hard Bills fan, but I can get fired up by just about any game.

754946[/snapback]

You sound a lot like me .. haha

You sound a lot like me .. haha

754952[/snapback]

lol....is that good or bad? <_<

But yeah, I figured most people on here were that way too....suffering in the offseason just counting the days until kickoff! That's why I was so pissed off when my cable company pulled the NFL Network. The offseason after the '04 regular season was so much more tolerable because I had that channel....I felt connected to the game still and what was going on with each club. I knew everyone's draft needs going into April, stayed on top of all their offseason transactions, etc. I hate not having that channel :P

Anyway, we're less than two weeks from Kickoff 2006......I'm FIRED UP!!!!

My preseason excitement level is always 10 for the Bills (on a 1-10 scale). My Sabres' excitement level usually starts at about a 6 or 7, and progressively increases as the season moves along.

The key difference is length of season and number of games. In football, literally every game counts. In hockey, a team can go through multiple streaks and slumps and the excitement really begins when the playoffs approach.

754946[/snapback]

That's exactly how I am! Give me football before any other sport or team. I can't wait for the season to get started. The Bills are first, then any other NFL game, then the Sabres. After the NFL playoffs its all Sabres and NHL.

My preseason excitement level is always 10 for the Bills (on a 1-10 scale).  My Sabres' excitement level usually starts at about a 6 or 7, and progressively increases as the season moves along.

The key difference is length of season and number of games.  In football, literally every game counts.  In hockey, a team can go through multiple streaks and slumps and the excitement really begins when the playoffs approach.

755055[/snapback]

I'm usually the same way but not this year. I just have a gut feeling this year about the Sabres.

I just love the fact that the Sabres are back to the top of the heap as far as excitement goes. It was impossibhle not to fall in love with that team last year. I think the reason some die hard Bills fans are going with Sabres is because Mularkey and crew along with several half a$$ players left fans with a feeling of disgust (I know I was one of them).

That Bills team was the first team to EVER make me feel disgusted with the whole organization. Thank goodness respectability has been restored. Even iff the Bills go 0-16 I will still love them. The same could not have been said last year about that sad group. Then the Sabres came along and made everyone forget about the state of the Bills.

Both teams are back and I am fired up for both of them. Someone (I don't care who) needs to bring this great city a championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typically, the Bills are my #1 team. But the Sabres look to be pretty good this year and I think they have a real shot at the Cup. Let's face it, this is a rebuilding year for the Bills, whereas the Sabres are loaded and ready to go. If they had their defenseman last year, they would have won the Cup. I'm more excited for the Sabres going into this season. I'm excited to see how the Bills improve and develop throughout this year, but I expect little.

That's exactly how I am!  Give me football before any other sport or team.  I can't wait for the season to get started.  The Bills are first, then any other NFL game, then the Sabres.  After the NFL playoffs its all Sabres and NHL.

755065[/snapback]

That's one thing about you hockey guys that I really envy....when football is over, I feel pretty much bored with sports. I'm only a marginal hockey fan and I'll watch from time to time - particularly if it's the flyers or sabres, or if the game is in HD - but it just can't compare with the NFL. You guys who love hockey get to have another four or five months of a sport you love, which gets you a lot closer to the next NFL season. This past year I had the World Cup and I was all over that....but that's only once every four years :unsure: I'm not much of an NBA fan at all either, so the months of feb-july are pretty uneventful for me. But then August hits and it's NFL TIME AGAIN BABY!!!!! :doh:

I think the reason some die hard Bills fans are going with Sabres is because Mularkey and crew along with several half a$$ players left fans with a feeling of disgust (I know I was one of them).

That Bills team was the first team to EVER make me feel disgusted with the whole organization.

755167[/snapback]

Yep, makes total sense. You can take how I felt after each superbowl loss and combine them into one really sh------- emotion, and that didn't compare at all to how I felt after last season. Thank God for the "off the wall" forum, cause otherwise I wouldn't have been able to stomach hanging out here. I was so sick at the miserable failure of a season that I just couldn't take it. That was the longest it's ever taken me to recover from a Bills season....by no small margin.

Bills, only becasue their season starts first, once the NFL season starts (real season, not crappy preseason) and the NHL starts up, I will be excited for the Sabres and will cheer both equally.

Hockey season only ended a couple months ago, Football season ended about 9 months ago (well atleast for the Bills), Its been a while since I have seen some Bills football

I'm a little suprised no one caught this but the Bills played in Super Bowl XXV folks, unless my understanding of Roman numerals has waned lately. The Bears won in 1985, which would have been XX, I believe! Sorry Pyrite Gal. Oh, by the way, I'm a lot like Ajzepp too. I flew back to NYC in April for the draft, live. Had the time of my life (football offseason wise) and I pour over every tidbit of information know to man about football ( or in this case fan)!!

I'm a little suprised no one caught this but the Bills played in Super Bowl XXV folks, unless my understanding of Roman numerals has waned lately. The Bears won in 1985, which would have been XX, I believe! Sorry Pyrite Gal. Oh, by the way, I'm a lot like Ajzepp too. I flew back to NYC in April for the draft, live. Had the time of my life (football offseason wise) and I pour over every tidbit of information know to man about football ( or in this case fan)!!

755602[/snapback]

I was just looking at my wrust and checked my sundial and realized I messed up the #s, whoops. i think there are enough typos in my overly lengthy posts that it wasn't so much folks missing it but figuring it was par for the course.

There are only 3 teams that I love, and I love them all equally.

Bills, Sabres, and the Longhorns.

755616[/snapback]

You are a very lucky person

Texas won the National Championship in 2006

Sabres will win the Stanley Cup in 2007

And the Bills will win the Super Bowl in 2008

Does it get any better than that??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

There are only 3 teams that I love, and I love them all equally.

Bills, Sabres, and the Longhorns.

755616[/snapback]

A Longhorns fan? You? No way, I don't think any regular poster on this knew that tidbit of info on you. So what are your feeling on Vince young, Maybe the Bills should have tried drafting him?

I flew back to NYC in April for the draft, live. Had the time of my life (football offseason wise) and I pour over every tidbit of information know to man about football ( or in this case fan)!!

755602[/snapback]

You lucky bastid! That must have ROCKED! I dunno what it is, but while I always want the Bills to win the superbowl, I am also able to live vicariously through other teams/fans, too. The exceptions being the teams I HATE, like the cowboys, fish, and pats. But the Saints getting Reggie this year? Sure, that's pretty exciting....I hope the kid does well down there and I really want to see him play. I was loving watching Carson Palmer rip it up last night....I loved the hall of fame ceremony....it's more than a sport to me, I guess is what I'm trying to say. Hell, the bills won't get a single sniff of prime time this year that I know of, but you can bet your arse that I'll be in front of my projector every sunday and monday (and thursday, for that matter) when it's time for prime time football.

A Longhorns fan? You? No way, I don't think any regular poster on this knew that tidbit of info on you. So what are your feeling on Vince young, Maybe the Bills should have tried drafting him?

755672[/snapback]

He'll tell you how he feels about Vince once he get's his dick out of his mouth. :devil: