Peter King predicting Bledsoe to backup Romo

Taro T

Watching the SNF game, at the half they had Peter King on. He was saying he thinks that due to Dallas' line being bad that the Cowboys would probably go with the mobile Romo rather than the statuesque Bledsoe.

That would be an interesting turn of events. If it does happen, I can't wait to see the circus that can turn into, especially when you throw 1 addional clown (Owens)into the ring.

Any thoughts on how Drew would handle the demotion if it happens?

Also, any thoughts on whether King has his head up his nether regions on this one?

I was listening to ESPN radio the other day, and they all made it sound like Romo was the QB of the future and the reason they didn't draft one this year.  They also made it sound like he'd become the starter sooner rather than later, but stopped short of saying Bledsoe would be the backup.

748029[/snapback]

King was pretty explicit to say that it was his own take on the QB situation - that nobody working for Jerry Jones has intimated a switch was imminent, but King definitely made it sound like he believes Drew will be demoted very soon.

One of the other guys (Collinsworth, maybe) said that he thought the switch would happen this year, but made it sound like he thought it would happen during the season.

King ended the bit by questioning whether Drew would accept being a backup. I don't know how much Drew is making, but I'd be surprised to see him just walk away.

It's all speculation now, but as mentioned previously, I was curious how realistic this might be. Interesting.

When Drew says, "The Cowboys are my team!" we'll know the end is imminent.

748035[/snapback]

If it happens, it'll be real interesting watching essentially a rookie QB trying to keep Owens in line.

Since I got ST, I've typically avoided Dallas games like the plague. I might have to check out a couple this year waiting for the meltdown.

Watching the SNF game, at the half they had Peter King on.  He was saying he thinks that due to Dallas' line being bad that the Cowboys would probably go with the mobile Romo rather than the statuesque Bledsoe.

That would be an interesting turn of events.  If it does happen, I can't wait to see the circus that can turn into, especially when you throw 1 addional clown (Owens)into the ring.

Also, any thoughts on whether King has his head up his nether regions on this one?

748025[/snapback]

I think Drew would demand his release as he did in Buffalo. He does not feel that he is 2nd string.

Could be a good move on Dallas' part however.

Add "Lance Armstrong-Owens" into the mess with an inexperienced QB throwing to him and the soap opera will begin. I truly feel that Parcells would hit his boiling point by week 3. I'd really like to see someone lay T.O. out while he's riding his trykie on the sideline.

Peter King was saying the same thing last week, after Romo played (well) for an entire preseason. King was merely speculating outloud, about the reason Parcells gave Romo an entire game...nobody seems to recall this ever being done before.

Personally, unless he is injured, I see no way that Bledsoe will not be the starter for the Cowboys in week one. However, Parcells loves Romo (like he hates Henson). I do think, say six weeks into the season, if the Cowboys offense is struggling, Parcells would have the sack to pull Bledsoe for Romo, who has barely (if at all) played in a regular season game. I know everyone loves to dog Bledsoe here (Rico!), but he is still in the top half of the starting QB's in the leauge, brain farts aside. We get Cowboys coverage every night here, and by every account I have heard, Bledsoe has been having a good summer.

With Owens in the lineup, on paper, it would appear that Bledsoe would be able to do a significant amount of damage to opposing defenses...on paper...Parcells isn't going to hand the job over to Romo, unless he has to.

Yeah kinda what Buftex said, Parcell's has no shortage of nutsack - he played an all-or-nothing game plan against us in '90 and won a superbowl - never mind his successes elsewhere. I think he is doing what he always does - playing media games - and backsliding media comments as a motivation tool for his team.

I mean seriously, at this point in Deadslow's career, what else is gonna motivate him? Bledsoe sees the bench as soon as Tuna sees a cheese steak he won't eat. Meanwhile, half our fans still think TUNA is a straight shooter. Please spare me the bs. Parcells could take a crap in the parking lot and there would be some ESPN producer ready to tell the talking heads about the significance of the peices of that turd. He displaces media attention by making every story either a non-story, or a story about him and not the player in question. Moreover, this doesn't happen because he is a player's coach, rather he welcomes the attention - so that when the "problem" player starts to produce it gets to be all about Bill and not Keyshawn(or fill in player name here).

Not sure if this is intentional, but when is the last time u cared about an interview from the QB on a Parcell's team?

I think Drew would demand his release as he did in Buffalo.  He does not feel that he is 2nd string.

Could be a good move on Dallas' part however.

Add "Lance Armstrong-Owens" into the mess with an inexperienced QB throwing to him and the soap opera will begin.  I truly feel that Parcells would hit his boiling point by week 3.  I'd really like to see someone lay T.O. out while he's riding his trykie on the sideline.

748112[/snapback]

It's too late for Bledsoe to leave, because all starting jobs are pretty much set, Bledsoe will have to stay put this year and hope Romo fails. He'll probably demand his release AFTER the season.

Watching the SNF game, at the half they had Peter King on.  He was saying he thinks that due to Dallas' line being bad that the Cowboys would probably go with the mobile Romo rather than the statuesque Bledsoe.

That would be an interesting turn of events.  If it does happen, I can't wait to see the circus that can turn into, especially when you throw 1 addional clown (Owens)into the ring.

748025[/snapback]

Sometimes Peter King thinks too much...have any of you guys ever seen Tony Romo play???....he's sucks!...he'd be 4th on the depth chart in Buffalo...he had one decent PRESEASON game...watch tonight's MNF game between the Cowboys and Saints and see how he does against an average Saints Defense...Bledsoe will be the starter in Dallas in week #1 unless he gets hurt before then. :blush:

I'm with you. Peter King get on "Football Night in America" and he can't rewind the past week's news. He needs a blockbuster to match the size of his enormous "air filled" head. This a non story, but it should make for an exciting Bill Parcell's daily press conference today.

I know everyone loves to dog Bledsoe here (Rico!), but he is still in the top half of the starting QB's in the leauge, brain farts aside. 

748150[/snapback]

I can list about 20 QBs that are better than Drew. Most of the QBs I would leave off the list are young guys that haven't played much. Bottom line is Drew is one of the worst vet QB starters in the league. There's a reason teams keep cutting or demoting him.

meh  I dont see how Bledsoes done nothing to lose his job in dallas.  Pretty stupid to justify that move based off one preseason game. Sounds like pure speculation from the media. Creating a controversy that isn't really there.

748096[/snapback]

In fact, he wasn't basing it on one preseason game, but rather the number of snaps Romo has been getting at practice (in addition to the fact that he took every snap in their first preseason game). There was a similar report that came out last week in a Dallas paper, and it basically said no one was paying attention to this very possible reality because they're all too busy watching TO.

Despite the fact that I can't take Peter King seriously because every time I see him I yell "NORM!!," I wouldn't be surprised to either see Romo start or take the reigns after, say, week 2.

I can list about 20 QBs that are better than Drew.  Most of the QBs I would leave off the list are young guys that haven't played much.  Bottom line is Drew is one of the worst vet QB starters in the league.  There's a reason teams keep cutting or demoting him.

748197[/snapback]

0:) Only 20? We all know that Bledsoe is the worst qb in football, and for that matter NFL history.

Look at us....we are bursting at the seams with qbs who are better than Drew! :blush:

In fact, he wasn't basing it on one preseason game, but rather the number of snaps Romo has been getting at practice (in addition to the fact that he took every snap in their first preseason game). There was a similar report that came out last week in a Dallas paper, and it basically said no one was paying attention to this very possible reality because they're all too busy watching TO.

Despite the fact that I can't take Peter King seriously because every time I see him I yell "NORM!!," I wouldn't be surprised to either see Romo start or take the reigns after, say, week 2.

748217[/snapback]

They are paying attention to it here. Last week the locals on ESPN radio talked about this as much or more than Owens. Could be a great tuna conspiracy to pull attention away from Owens, but I doubt it. It wouldn't surprise me to see Bledsoe start the season, but if he struggles (whether his own fault or the O-line) Romo will replace him. If Romo sucks Drew Henson will continue to ride the pine cause Parcels hates him.

I can list about 20 QBs that are better than Drew.

748197[/snapback]

Funny I've been thinking the same thing about Warren Moon when he was playing but he ended up in the hall of fame. :blush:

Regarding Bledsoe: Don't know if it was already mentioned here but Parcells did call Drew out for his lack of leadership in practice the other day so that doesn't sound encouraging.

Yep, bout time for Drew to pack it in and call it a career. He's been done since young Tom Brady forced him out 5 or 6 years ago. QB's with zero mobility just can't make it in the league anymore.

Starting Romo will only accelerate the coming TO debacle. He's already cannibalized Jeff Garcia during his Pro Bowl years AND Donovan McNabb. How much patience do you think TO will have with Mr Romo? I give it until week 3, then the meltdown occurs on the sideline and TO starts calling for Drew in the media. Then Tuna goes ballistic. It's gonna be fun. :-)

Starting Romo will only accelerate the coming TO debacle.  He's already cannibalized Jeff Garcia during his Pro Bowl years AND Donovan McNabb.  How much patience do you think TO will have with Mr Romo?  I give it until week 3, then the meltdown occurs on the sideline and TO starts calling for Drew in the media.  Then Tuna goes ballistic.  It's gonna be fun.  :-)

748300[/snapback]

Agreed. And all of this will happen why? Because Jerry Jones wanted to bring in TO for the sake of promoting his team. He better make a bunch of dough on this move because when it's done he'll need all that paper to wipe up the mess.

Sometimes Peter King thinks too much...have any of you guys ever seen Tony Romo play???....he's sucks!...he'd be 4th on the depth chart in Buffalo...he had one decent PRESEASON game...watch tonight's MNF game between the Cowboys and Saints and see how he does against an average Saints Defense...Bledsoe will be the starter in Dallas in week #1 unless he gets hurt before then.  :blush:

748178[/snapback]

Romo is what we are hoping Nall will be, a guy who has had little playing time, but has played very well in preseason...he has been in Dallas a few years now...learning, and may be ready to get some actual playing time.

I have seen most of his snaps (we get every Cowboys regular and preseason game here), and he keeps getting better. But, there is only so much you can really gauge by preseason action. If any of our QB's had played as well as Romo did in his first outing this year, I think we would be creaming our jeans...

Either way, Bledsoe will be the starter week 1. He just won't have as long a leash as he has in the past. Parcells will not be worried about hurting his feelings by yanking him. Say what you will about Bledsoe, but he is the best QB the Bills have had since Jim Kelly, or Dallas has had since Aikman...

Starting Romo will only accelerate the coming TO debacle.  He's already cannibalized Jeff Garcia during his Pro Bowl years AND Donovan McNabb.  How much patience do you think TO will have with Mr Romo?  I give it until week 3, then the meltdown occurs on the sideline and TO starts calling for Drew in the media.  Then Tuna goes ballistic.  It's gonna be fun.  :-)

748300[/snapback]

It would be fun, but Bledsoe is not getting benched for Romo yet...

Yep, sounds like he's happy with Drew starting and wants a "veteran" in there.

Looks like Buftex's call will be right.

749079[/snapback]

Am I the only one who heard Jones say that Romo is a bit of a sandlot player like Joe Favre?

JOE Favre? Jones. Do you watch this game at all?