Posey released

duey

You know what's really funny? On my Madden game, they always would make him an "Icon" during his contract year just to screw me because I would train his sorry tale each year to make him a little better. Atleast I don't have to worry about "the fans" getting pissed at me now. LOL!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll go on record saying that I am VERY surprised. 

I can't really say I was Posey's biggest supporter here, because I've not been sure that I know the defense enough to judge him, but I have definitely given him as much latitude as anyone else I've read on TSW.

From starter to early camp cut?  Wow!  I agree that Spikes must be 100% ...or else what the heck is going on?  Posey definitely looked bad last year, but our whole defense did.  I thought he looked proportionately worse than usual...

It looks to me like we are trying to pay our salary cap dues this year, and will be in a position to be major players in free agency next year.  Or, perhaps Posey wasn't spreading enough team spirit and it wasn't entirely about the money / (lack of) talent?

737520[/snapback]

He was one of the first fairly high profile FA signings of the Donohoe era. He never really played up to the pretty high expectations we all had when he was first signed. Some thought he was given a little more latitude than, based on his performance, he deserved. Some wondered if perhaps TD was reluctant to admit that he made a mistake in signing him so he stuck around on the roster.

The reason Posey was cut so early is to allow him to catch on with another team. It's actually a nice thing to do for players and is another positive for the new regime.

The fact of the matter is he's exactly the wrong kind of player for this scheme and truly only fits the 3-4 he came from.

The reason Posey was cut so early is to allow him to catch on with another team.  It's actually a nice thing to do for players and is another positive for the new regime.

The fact of the matter is he's exactly the wrong kind of player for this scheme and truly only fits the 3-4 he came from.

737533[/snapback]

Don't be surprised if the Patriots sign him.

The part that many of you have wrong is that Posey was a high profile signing. His early years were roughly at 1 million per and he was not brought in to save the defense or make plays all over the field. Once he became a backup, that bargain salary becomes a little too high. He was a decent player with a good attitude that they took a SMALL risk on. Now he doesn't belong in the new scheme.

The part that many of you have wrong is that Posey was a high profile signing. His early years were roughly at 1 million per and he was not brought in to save the defense or make plays all over the field. Once he became a backup, that bargain salary becomes a little too high. He was a decent player with a good attitude that they took a SMALL risk on. Now he doesn't belong in the new scheme.

737538[/snapback]

Shhhh...

Everyone knows signing Posey means we couldn't get cream of the crop OLinemen like Pace, Ogden, Hutch, etc.

Shhhh...

Everyone knows signing Posey means we couldn't get cream of the crop OLinemen like Pace, Ogden, Hutch, etc.

737541[/snapback]

We'll forget that the entire amount of Posey's contract wouldn't even cover the SB for said guys....

I think Stamer-Watson-Ezekiel-Ellison and maybe Hunter make a good 2nd team to Crowell-Fletcher-Spikes, and that Haggan-DiGiorgio are the next to go after the Carolina game...

737580[/snapback]

With haggan getting reps with the first team in spikes absence, no way he's getting cut anytime soon. I think watson is fairly secure behind fletcher as well. The next LB to go would be this digiorgio guy, and then ezekiel. People like liam because he beat the stojan out of a kicker, not because he has any skill.

I think Stamer-Watson-Ezekiel-Ellison and maybe Hunter make a good 2nd team to Crowell-Fletcher-Spikes, and that Haggan-DiGiorgio are the next to go after the Carolina game...

737580[/snapback]

I haven't been impressed with Hagaan at LB and think he's distinctly worse than Stamer and Crowell (to whom I've been comparing him for years). But, he actually IS a special teams demon for the Bills, unlike Wire.

I too doubt he gets cut. Hagaan would have as good a chance as anyone to stick solely on his Special Team merits.

I saw a piece on Posey when I had the NFL Network a couple years ago. He comes off like a really great guy, and he's got a hell of a nice family. I wish him nothing but the best.

And AD already beat me to the punch, but I hardly consider this a TD failure when the guy taking his place was a TD draft pick....we're upgrading and paying less money at the same time. That's how it's supposed to work.

Some guy named Dom Capers aka Special Assistant to the Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins.

737623[/snapback]

yeah.....maybe Posey has a chance to wind up on the Fins roster...makes some sense anyway with the Capers ties and the word that the Fins will be implementing some of that 3-4 style of defense that everyone agrees suits Posey better....

yeah.....maybe Posey has a chance to wind up on the Fins roster...makes some sense anyway with the Capers ties and the word that the Fins will be implementing some of that 3-4 style of defense that everyone agrees suits Posey better....

737629[/snapback]

Plus don't forget he already knows Fat Bennie and the Meathead too.

;)  :lol:  :lol:

Probably doesn't smell as bad, though.

737715[/snapback]

:lol:

I didn't even see x.benedict's comment earlier....how funny lol